Tea with Cardamom: beneficial properties and contraindications
Tea made with the addition of cardamom is a drink with a pleasant aroma and refreshing taste. It is used for mental clarity and to improve brain activity. The oriental spice helps to calm down and has many medicinal properties.
- Composition and calories
- Useful properties of cardamom tea
- General benefits
- For Women
- For Men
- When Pregnant
- For children
- When losing weight
- How to grind a spice
- Storage Features
- Hazards and contraindications
- How to choose cardamom for tea
- How to brew cardamom tea: Recipes
- Traditional recipe
- How to Brew Green Tea
- How to Brew Black Tea
- Black Tea with Lemon Peel
- Cardamom and Cinnamon Tea
- Beverage with rosemary
- Nutmeg remedy for colds
- Masala tea
- Cinnamon Infusion
- Beverage with Badjan
- Infusion with Milk
- Beverage with Cardamom, Cinnamon, Ginger
- Green & Black Cardamom Beverage
- Coffee with spice
- Interesting Facts about Cardamom
Composition and calories
The spice refers to plants in the Ginger family. The pods contain fruits with seeds. It is these seeds that are used as a spice, having previously dried them and crushed. In 100 grams of such a powder contains carbohydrates, protein, water, fat and ash, respectively, their volume is 68, 11, 8, 7 and 6%.
Of useful substances, cardamom powder contains essential oils, zinc, manganese, magnesium, calcium. In addition, the composition of the spice is represented by vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, C, E, copper, iron, phosphorus, amidone, terpinyl acetate, cineole, terpineol, rubber. The caloric value of 100 grams of product - 311 kcal.
Useful properties of tea with cardamom
- After drinking tea with cardamom normalizes the digestive process, strengthens the immune system and develops a tonic effect.
- Such a remedy can be used for preventive purposes for depression, stress and sleep problems, to improve concentration and memory.
- The drink eliminates flatulence and constipation, improves metabolism and gives strength.
- It can be brewed for toothache, colds, lung disease, poor circulation, cardiovascular system disorders, bad breath.
- Tea acts as an anti-coughing agent, as well as liquefies sputum, normalizes the condition with nausea and vomiting.
- Positive effects are observed in cystitis, nephritis.
- Tea containing this ingredient is recommended to take for cleansing the body.
According to some studies, it has been found that the substances contained in cardamom can protect the body from colon cancer. However, more research is needed to confirm this information.
Cardamom is beneficial for the female body. After its use, it improves the well-being at menopause and during menstruation, restores the central nervous system. Benefits during menstruation are in the development of analgesic and antispasmodic effect. When the cycle is irregular, the spice helps to adjust it. After the onset of menopause, cardamom tones, calms the stress.
The substances in the spice help maintain normal collagen levels and help maintain an attractive and healthy appearance of hair, skin and nails. Considering the great benefits of the spice, women should definitely include it in their diet.
Cardamom is no less useful and for the representatives of the male sex. Tea with this spice helps to combat stress, helps to improve the well-being of prostate adenoma, prostatitis, disorders in the genitourinary system, strengthens the entire body in general.
Spice refers to aphrodisiacs. This is a powerful remedy that significantly enhances sexual activity. In folk medicine, there are effective recipes for potency. For example, you can drink a glass of wine with a small amount of cardamom oil (two drops are enough) or prepare a tincture. To implement the recipe, you need a powder of seeds (1 tsp.) and vodka (0.5 l). Combine the components and leave to infuse for 21 days. When the remedy has infused, pour sugar (2 tablespoons) in a container. Infusion used strained in the evening. You can drink in pure form or take as part of the tea. The dosage is 30-50 grams. The main thing is that there are no contraindications.
Some physicians believe that cardamom can not harm a pregnant woman in any way, even on the contrary - it calms and eliminates toxicosis, while others claim that because of the presence of cardamom in the diet of the future mother, the baby can develop an allergy.
Pediatricians prohibit the use of cardamom for breastfeeding mothers at least up to 3 months. Babies' digestive system is not fully formed, so the nutrients contained in the spice will not be absorbed.
Specialists have different opinions about this issue. Cardamom is considered both a forbidden spice in a child's diet and a remedy for diarrhea. In addition, some doctors recommend its use as a disinfectant for dairy products from the market.
For weight loss.
The spice burns fat, cleanses the body of toxic substances, reduces cravings for sweets, speeds up the metabolism, thanks to which it is possible to get rid of excess weight. If you regularly use the spice in your food, the weight loss process will proceed faster. When using a mixture of spices (red pepper, cardamom, cinnamon), the effectiveness increases.
When trying to lose weight, spices should not be overused, but in moderation.
Do not wait for a miracle. The weight will go away if you approach this issue comprehensively. You need to eat right and do sports.
It is enough to drink 2 cups of tea a day. To see the result, you need to take at least 60 days without interruption. The result obtained can be maintained for a long time, the main thing is to keep yourself in shape.
How to grind a spice
To ensure the quality of the spice, it is necessary to pay attention to the spice in the "boxes". Such a product is more useful. Cardamom in powder in production conditions is often enough obtained by grinding the seeds together with the "capsules". This is a useless component for the spice, which has no odor. Thus, manufacturers are trying to save money: the volume of the finished product is larger, but the quality suffers. Cardamom powder is less fragrant and contains fewer useful substances.
It is better to buy whole seeds and grind them yourself at home. To get a fragrant and useful powder, you need to open the "boxes" and take out the seeds, crushing them in a mortar. It is desirable to use the spice at once, but if you did not manage to calculate the right amount, you can pour it into an airtight container. Shelf life is 21 days. If you need to grind 2-3 tbsp. at a time, it is better to give preference to a coffee grinder.
When storing the spice, the basic conditions must be observed: exclude access to air and moisture. Also a special utensil is required. The container must necessarily be airtight. You should also pay attention to the material, only glass and ceramic are suitable. It is recommended to store the spice at room temperature.
Harm and contraindications
Recommendations for the use of cardamom are as follows:
- Consumption in moderate amounts.
- Acceptance only at normal values of blood pressure (with high BP there is a risk of a hypertensive attack).
- The period of pregnancy and breastfeeding (constituents of cardamom penetrate into milk and may lead to the development of an allergic reaction).
- Cardamom intolerance (may cause nausea, possible negative reaction to the smell of the spice).
- Gastric and duodenal ulcers.
- Pathological processes in liver and gall bladder.
- Age less than 12 years.
In case of overdose, signs of dehydration and diarrhea are observed.
How to choose cardamom for tea
The spice can be purchased in two versions - in "boxes" and in powder. It is desirable to choose the first option. Outwardly, such cardamom resembles pumpkin seeds. A quality product has a pleasant pistachio color. To get the desired effect, when buying, it is necessary to evaluate its appearance.
If the choice is made in favor of the ground spice, it is necessary to consider one important point: it does not contain essential oils, they are destroyed during the processing of raw materials. Accordingly, in this form, the spice is less useful.
How to brew tea with cardamom: recipes
Drink with cardamom can be prepared on the basis of both black and green tea. By adding rosemary, cinnamon, nutmeg, and other spices, you can get new and unusual flavors. By experimenting, everyone can find the perfect version of the healing remedy for themselves.
The optimal time for drinking the infusion is in the morning and lunchtime. Drinking at this time promotes awakening, invigorates and gives strength. Peculiarities of preparation are determined by a specific recipe. It is important to use quality drinking water.
- Cardamom grains - 3-4 pcs;
- Boiling water - 2-3 tbsp.
- The spice is poured with boiling water, boil for 5 minutes.
- At the end of this time, remove the pan from the stove and leave to infuse for 10 minutes. The remedy is consumed strained.
Infusion can be taken alone or mixed with green and black tea without additives. If desired, you can add lemon and honey or milk to taste.
How to brew green tea
- tea - 1 tsp;
- water - 250-300 ml;
- Cardamom - 3-4 grains.
- To prepare the tea leaves, they are poured a small amount of boiling water and leave for 2 minutes. The water is drained and proceed directly to the process of creating a drink.
- The wet leaf is placed at the bottom of the kettle, add the spice and water of 75-85 ° C.
Beverage is not made with a kettle. The drink is prepared not on boiling water but on hot water.
This tea helps to speed up metabolism and normalize digestion. With regular consumption of the drink it is possible to get rid of fat deposits and prevent their appearance in the future.
How to brew black tea
- Tea leaves (both Ceylon and Indian will do) - 1 tbsp;
- cardamom - 1 tsp. seeds;
- water - 250-350 ml.
- Black tea and spice infused separately. Pour boiling water over the seeds and leave for 20 minutes.
- Tea leaves are infused according to the recommendations on the package.
- Infusion combine and mix.
Spicy black tea with lemon peel
- water - 0.5 liters;
- cardamom in "boxes" - 3-4 pcs;
- black tea - 2 tsp;
- lemon peel - 1 tsp.
- Spice pour boiling water and put on the stove, cook over low heat.
- After 5-10 minutes, stop the heating, in a bowl poured black tea and lemon zest.
- Mixture again put on the stove, bring to a boil and leave to infuse for 10-15 minutes. Use strained.
Tea based on cardamom and cinnamon
- Cardamom grains - 8 pcs;
- water - 1,5 liters;
- black tea - 4 tsp;
- cinnamon - a pinch (enhances the effect);
- citrus peel (lemon or orange);
- milk and sugar to taste.
- The volume of water specified in the recipe is brought to a boil.
- In a bowl poured grains, pre-milled in a mortar, and pour water over them. The pot is placed on the stove and at medium heat boil for 10-15 minutes, no longer.
- For the preparation of the drink requires a kettle, it is preheated by rinsing hot liquid.
- In a separate container is poured black tea, citrus peel and cinnamon. Dried ingredients pour cardamom broth and leave to infuse.
- In the finished product add milk and sugar or its substitute, depending on taste preferences.
Recommendations for intake: it is recommended to take before lunch, the maximum dosage - 300 ml per day.
Drink with the addition of rosemary
The recipe will suit those who prefer to try unusual flavor combinations. List of ingredients:
- purified water - 750 ml;
- cardamom - 2 pcs. ("boxes");
- rosemary sprigs - 2 pcs;
- half an orange;
- black tea - 1.5 tbsp.
- The kettle is scalded with boiling water and the main ingredients - cardamom, tea, rosemary - are combined in it.
- The orange is cut into slices and sent to the other ingredients, then fill the kettle with boiling water.
- Ready remedy can be drunk as warm or hot or cold.
Remedy with nutmeg for colds
- water - 3 tbsp;
- milk - 1 tbsp;
- Ginger powder - 0.5 tbsp. (you can replace it with a small piece of fresh product);
- clove - 4 pcs;
- black tea - 1 tsp;
- nutmeg powder, cardamom and cinnamon - 2 pinches of each spice.
- Pour into water the spices listed in the recipe, the liquid is brought to a boil.
- After the water boils, continue heating the mixture for a few minutes.
- At this stage, tea is added and the container with liquid is left for 5 minutes.
- Next, warm milk is poured in and the drink is reheated. The heating is stopped when the liquid begins to boil.
- The desired amount of honey or sugar is added as a sweetener.
It is advisable to grind the spices yourself rather than buy them in powder. When the spices are crushed just before use, the remedy for the cold is more useful.
If there are leftover ground ingredients, it is necessary to choose an airtight container for storage. Containers and jars made of ceramic or glass will do.
The Indian masala drink is the most delicious of all teas that contain cardamom. It is fragrant and full-bodied. Ingredients:
- 3 cups of purified water;
- milk - 1 tbsp;
- black tea - 1 tsp. (preferably Assam or Darjeeling);
- peeled and crushed ginger root - 0.5 tbsp;
- sugar (2 tsp.) or its substitute to taste;
- cloves - 4 pcs;
- Nutmeg powder, cinnamon, cardamom - a pinch each.
- As soon as the water boils, spices are added to it. Leave the container on the stove for another 10 minutes.
- The ginger is finely chopped and also sent to the water (if you want this ingredient can be added more than 0.5 tbsp.).
- After 3 minutes add sweetener and milk to the pot.
- After 5 minutes turn off the heat and add the tea.
- Infuse tea and infuse tea for 3 minutes.
Infusion with cinnamon
- cardamom - 8-10 "boxes";
- water - 1-1,5 liters;
- black tea - 1 tbsp;
- cinnamon - 1 stick.
- The spice is crushed, pour boiling water.
- In the kettle add tea leaves and cinnamon. Pour the contents of the previously obtained infusion of 300 ml.
- The remaining infusion set aside and later use in the same way.
When using the drink, calories are burned well. However, you should use it in moderation, observing the norm.
Drink with badjanum
- Cardamom - 2-3 pcs. (seeds) or 0,5 tbsp;
- badjanin - 2 pcs;
- cloves - 3-4 pcs;
- tea - 1-2 tbsp;
- water - 400-500 ml.
- In a container pour tea and spices, pour boiling water, and leave to infuse.
- When the drink has infused, it is strained and consumed immediately. Cardamom combines well with badjan. This combination of spices creates a wonderful taste, that's why the sweetener can be not added.
Green tea is infused with hot water (85°C, no more)!
Infusion with milk
- milk - 0.5 tbsp;
- boiling water - 350-450 ml;
- black tea - 1 tbsp;
- cardamom ("boxes"), cloves, anise - 2-3 pcs;
- black pepper - 2 pcs;
- cinnamon - 1 stick;
- sugar - 1-2 tsp.
- Pour tea leaves into a pot, pour boiling water and boil for 1 minute at minimum heat.
- Add crushed spices (all except cloves) and sugar, pour the milk. Stir to dissolve sugar and evenly distribute the ingredients.
- After 3 minutes remove the pot from the stove, add the cloves. Set aside, wait for the remedy to infuse. Before use, strain.
It is believed that in the form of peas is more useful, because it retains all the useful substances. When crushed, the essential oils are volatilized.
Drink with cardamom, cinnamon, ginger
- black tea - 1-2 tbsp;
- boiling water - 450-500 ml;
- cinnamon - 1 stick;
- cardamom - 3-4 pcs;
- Fresh ginger - a small piece.
- Tea leaves are combined with cardamom and pour boiling water.
- In a container add ginger and cinnamon, leave aside to infuse tea.
- Before drinking, strain the infusion, add an orange or lemon and honey.
Black tea-based green and black cardamom drink
- water - 1 l;
- green and black spice in pods - 3 and 2 pcs. respectively;
- black tea - about 1 tbsp;
- sugar - 3 dessert spoons;
- milk to taste.
- An enameled dish is used for preparation. The spice is crushed and poured into a prepared container, pour water and put on the stove.
- In the pot add tea leaves, milk and granulated sugar. The contents are brought to a boil and immediately stop the heat.
- The tea is strained through a sieve and served. The drink is spicy and refreshing.
Coffee with spice
If you want variety, in addition to tea, other drinks can be consumed with cardamom. By adding the spice to the usual coffee, you can significantly change its taste for the better. After one cup of this drink a positive effect on the nervous system and an improvement in depression or bad moods can be noticed. This drink is popular in Arab countries.
Interesting facts about cardamom
- In the Middle Ages, the spice could be found in pharmacies. In those days, it was used as a panacea for all sorts of health problems. The process of preparing such a medicine was kept secret.
- In the East, the spice is called the grain of paradise and is actively used for weight loss, even in cases of obesity. The popularity of the remedy is due to the effectiveness and quick weight loss process.
- To get rid of bad breath, you can chew a few grains of the plant. The green spice is suitable for this purpose. An added bonus is the liveliness after sleep and the benefits to the GI tract after overeating.
- Cardamom is included in a large number of store-bought products - spice mixes, tobacco, cheese, sausage, mustard, pickles, and jams.
- Many manufacturers dye cardamom with chemicals, resulting in a saturated color. This is the reason why you should choose spices more carefully.
Cardamom has many health benefits for the body. The spice is added to food and beverages, so that their taste is greatly improved. Choose the spice carefully, preferably in "boxes", taking into account the contraindications for its introduction to the diet.
«Important: All information on this site is provided for informational purposes only. for educational purposes only. Consult with a health care professional before using any recommendations. specialist before using any of the recommendations. Neither the editors nor the authors shall be liable for any possible harm caused by materials."