What to replace mayonnaise: 24 original recipes for sauces
More and more people are sticking to a healthy diet and are not willing to use unhealthy mayonnaise. The sauce is twice as caloric as the most fatty sour cream. To make their products cheaper, manufacturers use ingredients that are not of the highest quality. They add flavor enhancers, stabilizers, flavorings, and artificial preservatives to increase demand and extend shelf life. To make dishes lighter and healthier, you can replace mayonnaise with natural analogues without compromising the taste of the dishes.
- What to replace mayonnaise in herring under a fur coat
- What to replace mayonnaise in salads
- In Olivier salad
- In crab salad
- Mimoza salad
- For Vegetable Salad
- Seafood salad
- Greek salad
- Substitute for mayonnaise in meat dishes
- Meat with french meat
- On pizza
- Substitutes for mayonnaise in pastry
- What to replace mayonnaise if you're on a diet
- Cheese Dip Recipe
- Flax Seed Sauce Recipe
What to replace mayonnaise in a herring under a fur coat
The traditional salad recipe calls for "Provençal". Fasting people, thin people and anyone who is contraindicated to the product for health reasons, it is recommended to use vegetable oil for dressing, which soaks only the bottom and top layers.
In other cases, the best alternative to mayonnaise in a dish with salted herring is sour cream-mustard sauce.
To make it thoroughly beat with a blender a glass of heavy sour cream with 1 tbsp. mustard, salt, two mashed hard-boiled egg yolks.
Do not experiment with kefir and yogurt. Because of the liquid consistency of the sauces, the salad will lose its shape.
How to replace mayonnaise in salads
It is better to make a substitute for mayonnaise for salad dressing yourself from natural quality products, rather than looking for a similar product with synthetic additives on the store shelves.
In the olivier.
For those who watch their figure, it is important that on the New Year's table traditional Olivier was without mayonnaise, 100 g of which contains more than 600 kcal.
Recipe for olivier sauce, which is close in taste to mayonnaise
- A glass of 10% sour cream;
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice;
- 1 tsp. freshly prepared mustard;
- One-fourth teaspoon salt;
- ground pepper.
How to prepare:
- Rub mustard with salt, lemon juice. Add low-fat sour cream.
- Whisk the mixture with a whisk by hand until smooth.
- Pepper and stir to combine.
Yogurt mayonnaise with mustard
Mix raw egg yolk with 1 tsp mustard, 0.5 tsp sugar. Beat the components with a blender until the mixture is white. In a thin stream pour 50 ml of vegetable oil, without stopping the beating. Pour 200g of natural white yogurt, 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar, salt, mix.
Sour Cream Egg Sauce
Mash 3 boiled egg yolks with 1 tsp mustard, 0.25 tsp salt. Then add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and season with pepper. Add 250g of 10% sour cream. Mix and knead the mixture thoroughly.
Dress the crab salad or crab sticks with olive oil with honey and mustard, natural yogurt with mustard, sour cream, or a mixture of tabasco and soy sauce.
Perfectly combined with the crab meat sauce made from 200 g of natural yogurt, mixed with 20 g of walnuts and a similar amount of chopped boiled shrimp.
In the "Mimosa" salad.
Dress the fish salad with the dressing that contained the canned fish. Make a more hearty dressing from 50 ml of soy sauce, mixed with a glass of nonfat sour cream, a tablespoon of mustard. To enhance the flavor, add garlic, skipped through a press.
For dressing "Mimosa" you can use salted white yogurt with black pepper, chopped herbs.
In vegetable salad.
There are many variants of sauces, but of them three stand out, which are bribed by the simplicity of preparation. The first light version consists of a mixture of vegetable oil and soy sauce, taken in equal parts.
To make a more caloric dressing, you will need 2 boiled egg yolks, 200 grams of granulated cottage cheese and natural yogurt, 2 tsp. mustard and lemon juice each. Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a blender, whisk until smooth.
For the summer salad with radishes prepare a sauce based on kefir.
Combine a glass of lactic acid drink with pressed garlic (2 cloves), 1 tbsp. lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine. If the sauce is too liquid, add two boiled mashed egg yolks.
In a seafood salad
The taste of seafood reveals lemon juice, so make dressing for such salads with the addition of this ingredient.
You will need:
- A glass of nonfat sour cream;
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice;
- salt, greens.
Chop feathers of onion, dill, parsley. Add to sour cream, pour in lemon juice, stir.
In a Greek salad.
For the salad dressing, make a sauce based on 100 ml of olive oil. Add two crushed garlic cloves, 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 0.5 tsp of Dijon mustard, a teaspoon of oregano. Season the mixture with salt, pepper, and stir.
Substitute for mayonnaise in meat dishes
For meat dishes, prepare one of the suggested sauces:
- Beans. Use a blender and blend together 200 g of canned white beans. Add half a lemon pulp, 3 tbsp. vegetable oil, 1 tsp. mustard, pepper, salt. Mix all ingredients until homogeneous.
- Sour cream. Combine a glass of sour milk product with 2 tbsp. horseradish, 0.5 tsp. dried garlic, pepper. Stir. The sauce is more suitable for pork dishes.
- Cucumber Cream Sauce. Grate 2 fresh cucumbers, squeeze out the juice. Finely chop 2 cloves of garlic. Combine the vegetables in a bowl. Add 200g of cream cheese, 100g of 10% sour cream and chopped dill greens. Salt and pepper the mixture and mix it well. Use the dressing for pork and beef dishes.
The best dietary marinade for meat is a mixture of 200 ml of natural yogurt, 100 ml of olive oil, three crushed garlic cloves, salt and ground pepper.
In the meat French.
Without loss of flavor replace mayonnaise in the meat French-style sauces béchamel and sour cream-soy.
- 0.4 liters of fatty milk;
- 25g flour;
- 20g of butter;
- A pinch of nutmeg.
Heat the milk until it boils. Melt the butter in a frying pan, pour in the flour. Fry until golden, stirring constantly. Pour in milk in a thin stream. Stir the mixture for a couple of minutes to prevent lumps from forming.
Sour cream and soy sauce
- 40 ml soy sauce;
- One cup of sour cream;
- dill greens;
- garlic clove;
- 2 drops of balsamic vinegar;
- 1 tsp. sugar.
Chop the herbs, chop the garlic. Combine all ingredients, stir to combine. Leave the dressing for French meat for half an hour to infuse.
Serve sour cream, tomato or soy sauce, butter, ketchups of different spiciness, and adjika instead of mayonnaise to dumplings.
Recipes for ravioli sauces:
- Vegetable. Grate 10 pieces of radish. Add to the vegetable a glass of sour cream, salt, chopped bunch of dill. Stir to mix.
- "Fiery. Mix 150g of chili sauce with a similar amount of sour cream. Stir in dill greens, ground black pepper.
- Original with sweet peppers. Cut into small cubes 100g of bell peppers, 150g of onions, transfer to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, pour wine sauce until the vegetables are completely covered. Leave to marinate for half an hour.
- Mushroom Siberian. Chop 200g of salted milk mushrooms or mushrooms. Pour 200 ml of sour cream and stir it up.
- Sour cream and garlic. Grate one carrot on a fine grater. Peel, coarsely chop 3 cloves of garlic. Combine the ingredients and add 250g of sour cream. Mix until smooth.
- With cilantro and ginger. Chop 30 grams of coriander, slice a piece of pickled ginger the size of your thumb. Put the chopped components in a bowl. Add 30 ml of rice wine vinegar, 0.5 tbsp. olive oil, and 4 tbsp. soy vinegar. Leave the mixture to infuse for a quarter of an hour.
There is no mayonnaise in classic pizza recipes. But if baked goods seem a little dry without the sauce, replace the store-bought product with sour cream, olive oil or make tomato sauce like a pizza sauce.
- 0.5 kg of fresh tomatoes;
- 70 ml vegetable (preferably olive) oil;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 2 tbsp. sugar;
- 1 tbsp. basil, oregano;
- 1 tsp. salt;
- quarter teaspoon of black pepper.
How to prepare:
- Scald the tomatoes with boiling water, remove the skin, cut into pieces, and transfer to the bowl of a blender.
- Peel the garlic. Cut each slice in half. Fry in a heated frying pan with oil, remove and discard.
- Pour the flavored oil over the tomatoes.
- Stir in the sugar, salt and spices.
- Whisk the tomato mixture with an immersion blender until smooth.
If there are no fresh tomatoes, the ingredient is easily replaced by tomato paste.
To make the popular white pizza sauce, you will need:
- 3 tbsp. grated cheese;
- 150 ml of milk;
- 1 tbsp flour;
- 1 clove of garlic;
- 30g of butter;
- salt, black pepper.
- Melt butter in a frying pan. Fry crushed garlic clove.
- Add the flour. Fry while stirring with a spatula to prevent lumps.
- Pour in the milk. Stir the sauce until thickened.
- Stir in cheese, season with salt and pepper, and remove from heat.
For pizza, you can make cream sauce, garlic sauce, sour cream sauce, cheese sauce.
How to replace mayonnaise in the dough
If the recipe calls for mayonnaise to be added to the dough for baking, and you don't have it on hand, replace the product with analogues:
- purchased or homemade sour cream;
- Pork lard, butter, or margarine for shortbread dough;
- Kefir or yogurt for a filling pie.
If you have time, make homemade mayonnaise. It's better and healthier than store-bought mayonnaise.
What to replace mayonnaise if you're on a diet
For people who dream to get rid of excess weight, not only mayonnaise, but also high-calorie sour cream, nuts, egg yolks are not suitable. It is easier to replace fatty sauces with olive oil with the addition of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. Or you can make a tastier sauce.
Recipe for cottage cheese dressing.
Combine and mix 200 g 0.5% cottage cheese with 1 tsp garlic and your favorite spices. Add dill, basil, parsley, thyme, black pepper, red pepper to vegetable salad dressing. Add French herbs, Italian herbs, oregano, basil, and black pepper to the Greek salad dressing.
"Caesar" will taste better if you add oregano, garlic, marjoram, and basil to the dressing. Especially useful for weight loss, season seafood salad with parsley, dill, black pepper.
If you prepare a sauce for a meat dish, use as ingredients hmeli suneli, pepper.
Flax seed sauce recipe
You will need:
- 2 tbsp. flax seeds;
- 2 tbsp. wine vinegar.
Soak the seeds in water. After an hour, drain the liquid, transfer the seeds to the bowl of a blender. Add the rest of the ingredients. Blend until the seeds are puréed.
Serve this tangy, low-calorie sauce with fish or meat, or dress vegetable salads with it.
If there is no mayonnaise at home or you care about your health and slim figure, replace the fatty mayonnaise with lighter, healthier, but no less tasty sauces of your own making.
«Important: All information on this site is provided for informational purposes only. for informational purposes only. Please consult with your health care professional before using any of the recommendations. specialist before using any of the recommendations. Neither the editors nor the authors shall be liable for any possible harm caused by materials."