Grifolia curly (baran mushroom): description, benefits and harms
In the last few years on the store shelves or in the dacha areas you can find mushrooms interesting in appearance. They are called Maitake, and they came to Russia from China and Japan. Today it is cultivated in the garden plots of the middle zone, used for food, used in medicine and cosmetology. The mushroom has a rich mineral composition and has a number of medicinal properties. This is why it has gained popularity not only in Asian countries.
- Griphola curly: how does it look and where does it grow?
- How it looks
- Where does it grow
- What it tastes like
- Composition and calories
- Maitake mushrooms: useful properties
- Harms and contraindications
- Maitake mushrooms in medicine
- Usage in cosmetology
- How to choose and store correctly
- How to cook ramen mushrooms: Recipes
- Boiled Maitake
- Roast beef with mushrooms in cream-soy sauce
- Miso soup
- Where to buy and how much to buy maitake
- How to grow maitake at home
- Interesting Facts
Grifola curly: what does it look like and where does it grow?
Maitake is also known as meitake, ram's mushroom, Grifola frondosa, or dancing mushroom. It is edible, has an unusual flavor, and has a pleasant aroma when cooked.
The baran mushroom is used in cooking, medicine and cosmetology. It combines well with many products and is subject to various types of heat treatment. It is used to make various tinctures, wines, extracts for the treatment of a number of diseases.
What it looks like
The appearance of Maitake is quite interesting: at the base it reaches 50 cm. From it grows many bunches of mushrooms of different sizes. That is why it has acquired the name "curly" or "ram", as these bunches resemble the curls of a ram.
The caps are more often beige-brown or brown. The weight of a single cluster may vary from 6 to 10 kilograms.
Grows in colonies on stumps and trunks of fallen trees. Gather from June to the end of September.
Where to grow
Produces baran mushroom in the wild, settling near trees and growing on stumps. Found in China and Japan. It also occurs in European countries and Russia. Today it is cultivated in household plots, but the mushroom loses its medicinal properties and is good only for food.
How it tastes
Americans love meytake for its unusual flavor and add the mushroom to tea. The flavor of the curly-headed gryphola is similar to oyster mushroomsIt has the same delicate, mild flavor.
The flavor is fully revealed when it is heat-treated.
Composition and calories
The baran mushroom is loved in Japan, China and Russia not only for its taste and aroma. It is rich in various micronutrients. The composition includes:
- B vitamins. Necessary for the work of the body as a whole.
- Vitamin C. Supports the immune system.
- Vitamins A and E. Promotes vision, collagen synthesis, and skin repair.
- Calcium and potassium. Important for bones, teeth, and hair.
- Magnesium. Necessary for the proper functioning of the cardiovascular system, strengthens muscle tissue.
- Zinc and selenium. Participate in some chemical processes in the body.
- Iron. Necessary for the process of hematopoiesis. Its insufficiency leads to anemia.
- Various acids. They are important for regulating the processes occurring in the body.
Dietary fiber, which has a positive effect on the digestive system.
Maitake is low in calories. There are only 31 kcal per 100 grams, protein - 2 g, fat - 0.2 g, carbohydrates - 7 g.
Maitake mushrooms: useful properties
Due to its rich composition, the product has a number of useful properties:
- Cleansing. Mushroom-baran helps to cleanse the body not only of toxins, but also to remove toxins, reduce cholesterol, which accumulates on the walls of blood vessels, provoking the appearance of blood clots.
- Protection against viral diseases. It is noted that the mushroom has the ability to act negatively on the immunodeficiency virus and suppress the activity of other viruses, strengthening the human body and increasing its resistance.
- Maintaining the work of the pancreas. Thanks to its composition, the product reduces the risk of complications from diabetes, regulates blood sugar levels.
- Elimination of premenstrual syndrome. Mushrooms have the property to eliminate or significantly reduce the symptoms caused by menopause or the menstrual cycle in women.
- Normalization of liver function. Maitake restores bilirubin values, has a positive effect on liver function. In addition, its active substances help to restore the cells of the organ in case of cirrhosis.
- Reducing the risk of tumors. The composition of mushrooms includes substances that inhibit tumor processes. This reduces the likelihood of both benign and malignant neoplasms. They block the spread of metastatic formations.
- Reduces manifestations after chemotherapy. Specialists have found that regular consumption of bamboo mushroom can significantly slow hair loss, reduce painful feelings after a course of chemotherapy.
- Protection against viruses, fungi and bacteria. Effective in tuberculosis, herpes, herpes, herpes and other diseases. The product inhibits the activity of pathogens.
- Restore the health of the skin. The mushroom is widely used in cosmetology. It has the property of clearing pores, restoring collagen production, making the skin more elastic, returning a healthy color, protecting against ultraviolet radiation.
In addition, "dancing mushroom" has the ability to block fat cells in the bloodstream. With regular consumption of the product, fat deposits do not accumulate, but are eliminated from the body. Consequently, the mushroom is able to fight excess weight and is widely used in dietary nutrition.
Harm and contraindications
Despite all the benefits that the mushroom can bring the body, in some cases, it is not worth using, because there may be undesirable consequences. Contraindications include:
- Pregnancy and lactation. The action of the constituent substances on the fetus is not fully studied, so it is worth excluding them from the diet.
- Hypotension. Maitake has the ability to lower blood pressure. People with persistently low blood pressure should better give up this product.
- Diabetics. When the blood glucose level is low, you should not use the mushroom, because it reduces this index. There is a risk of a hypoglycemic coma.
- Age under 12 years. There is no data on the safety of the mushroom for children's bodies.
Grifola curly should not be eaten two weeks before the intended surgical intervention. It is also not recommended to abuse the product. You should eat it only in moderate quantities, in order to exclude the appearance of an allergic reaction.
Maitake mushrooms in medicine
On the basis of the mushroom are prepared tinctures, extracts for the treatment of various diseases. They can be prepared on their own or buy ready-made in the pharmacy.
Used for overweight, obesity, premenstrual cycle, increases immunity. Helps to reduce symptoms, restore fat metabolism, cleanses the body and replenishes vitamins. Tincture is also used as an additional treatment for cancer, especially after chemotherapy.
To prepare it, you will need:
- 3 tbsp. dried mushroom;
- 1 glass of vodka.
Pour the dried mushroom with vodka, put in a dark and cool place in a sealed container. Insist for two weeks. Strain does not need. Take 2 tsp. up to 3 times a day before meals. The course of reception - up to 4 months, after which it is necessary to make a break.
The result of the tincture will be noticeable after 1-2 weeks of regular use.
Used as a remedy for obesity, overweight, as an adjunctive treatment for benign and malignant tumors, used to maintain immunity, with cirrhosis of the liver.
The preparation requires 3 tbsp. dried mushrooms and 0.5 liters of olive oil (can be replaced with linseed oil). All ingredients should be mixed, covered tightly and leave for 2 weeks in a dark and cool place. After the oil is ready, do not strain it. Take 1 tsp. 2 times a day before meals. The course of treatment is 3 months, after which you need to take a break for 10 days.
The powder .
The powder is convenient for quick preparation of tincture. Used for viral, bacterial diseases, to improve immunity and as a dietary supplement for other diseases, especially during cancer treatment.
To prepare the powder, fresh mushrooms are dried and ground in a coffee grinder to a powdery state.
To prepare a useful tincture, you need to take 0.5 grams of ready-made powder, pour a glass of boiling water, cover with a lid. Insist 8 hours. Drink throughout the day before meals. Take for 3 months.
Extract of .
Used to treat a number of diseases caused by viruses, bacteria and fungi. The extract helps to eliminate the signs of premenstrual syndrome, symptoms arising after chemotherapy. The product is widely used in cosmetology. It can be added to the cream, which will restore normal complexion, normalize the production of collagen, make the skin supple and velvety.
You can buy the extract in pharmacies in the form of capsules. Use as indicated in the instructions.
The drink has an unusual taste and is used in the treatment of obesity, as it promotes the breakdown of fat and normalizes metabolic processes. Wine helps in the treatment of shingles, chicken pox and other viral, bacterial diseases.
To prepare a healthy drink, you need:
- 3 tbsp. dried mushroom;
- 1 liter of red wine.
All ingredients mix in a glass container, cover tightly and insist for 2 weeks in a dark and cool place. After the drink is ready, it is not filtered and drink with the sediment. Take 1-2 tsp. 3 times a day before meals. The duration of treatment is 4 months, after which you need to take a break. The result is noticeable after a month of taking it.
Its use in cosmetology
Maitake is used in cosmetology. On their basis, various cosmetic products are made - creams, ointments, oils. All of them are aimed at improving the condition of the skin and contribute:
- Eliminating fine lines, especially expression lines and around the eyes.
- It slows down the appearance of aging skin. This property is due to the presence of B and A vitamins. They activate regeneration processes, production of substances necessary for the skin. As a result, visible signs of skin aging appear much later when using products with mushroom extract.
- Narrowing and purification of pores. Active ingredients cosmetics help to remove harmful substances accumulating in the pores. This helps to cleanse the skin from acne, pimples, inflammation.
- Accelerating the recovery process. The components of cosmetics help speed up the healing process of microcracks and cuts.
- Restore normal complexion. Maitake contain many vitamins and trace elements, which are necessary for the skin. With their sufficient amount, the skin becomes soft, velvety and gets a healthy color.
The use of creams, ointments based on Grifolia curly will improve skin condition, extend youthfulness and get rid of fine wrinkles. Therefore, the product is widely used in cosmetology and has been successfully used for several years in the manufacture of cosmetics.
How to choose and store correctly
If you want to buy a fresh product in a store, you must observe the following recommendations:
- Check the packaging. It should be airtight, without cuts, torn areas.
- Appearance of mushrooms. They should be intact, without damage, even shade, without blackening and signs of mold.
- Shelf life. When buying it is important to pay attention to the expiration date. You should not buy a product with already expired or almost expired.
Fresh mushrooms can be stored for no more than 2 days. Dried product is stored in a tightly closed glass container, in a cool place where sunlight does not penetrate. Shelf life is 12 months.
How to cook baran mushroom: recipes
It is not difficult to prepare meitake. It is fried, boiled, it goes well with other foods. It is better to use only young mushrooms for food. It is easy to distinguish them: they are small in size and light in color. Before cooking, they are carefully cleaned of leaves, washed in cool water. The following recipes are popular:
More often used as part of other dishes, but can be used as a side dish to meat dishes. In order to boil them, they have to be thoroughly cleaned, cut into small pieces and put in a saucepan with double the volume of water. The container is placed over a moderate heat. Once they come to a boil, turn down the heat to minimum and cook for 8 minutes. From the moment the mushrooms begin to boil, add salt, bay leaf, and peppercorns. As a dressing, creamy or soy sauce is ideal.
Roast beef with mushrooms in a creamy soy sauce
For cooking you will need:
- 150 g mushrooms;
- 200 gr of beef;
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil;
- 10 g butter.
The meat is cut into thin slices, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Leave in a container to marinate. Wash the mushrooms and cut into small pieces. Heat a pan, add vegetable oil and lightly fry the meat. Then it is removed into a separate plate. Butter and maitake are put on the frying pan. Fry for 10 minutes. Then add the meat, which is already fried, and fry until it is ready. Add soy sauce and pepper. Leave on a switched-off stove under a lid for 5-8 minutes.
Serve mushrooms with fried or boiled potatoes. They go well with pasta sauce or vegetables.
This is a traditional Japanese dish. Prepared from mushrooms in any form. It is best to pre-fry them in a small amount of oil. Pour 2 liters of water into a pot and bring it to a boil. Then add soy sauce, miso paste 2-3 tbsp. l., 400 g of prepared mushrooms, 2 leeks, diced tofu cheese. You can also add slices of nori. All boiled for 2 minutes and serve hot.
Where to buy and how much do maitake cost?
It is not easy to buy fresh maitake mushrooms. You can find them in a grocery store. The cost of a small package (100 g) can be up to 200 rubles.
Buy grifola kurcovaya can be in the form of powder or extract for the preparation of medicinal solutions. The cost of the powder varies between 800-1000 rubles per package. The extract will cost a little cheaper.
How to grow maitake at home
For the past few years, the barnacle mushroom has been cultivated in garden plots. It is not difficult to grow it at home, but such a product will not be as useful as the one grown in its natural habitat.
Two methods of growing the mushroom are used:
- On plant sludge. Maitake is grown in a special room where a certain temperature and humidity are maintained.
- On wood. The method involves growing mushrooms in the garden.
When using plant sediment, special blocks are made before planting. For this purpose, ordinary polyethylene bags are used. The earth is subjected to heat treatment, after which it is poured with boiling water. Then, mycelium is added to the substrate, mixed and poured into the prepared blocks.
The top of the bag is tied, and holes are made staggered throughout the area. This is necessary to circulate air. The mushroom block is left for 4 weeks in a special room. Fruiting occurs every 2-3 weeks for 4 months.
When growing maitake on wood, only deciduous trees are used. The trunk should be without lesions, clean, not rotten. It is sawn into small pieces with a diameter of 2-3 cm, in which make holes to a depth of 5 cm. Mycelium is placed in them, which is covered with sawdust or moss. Stumps are placed in a convenient place. For 50 kg of wood, 100 g of mycelium will be enough to obtain an excellent harvest.
Growing a "dancing mushroom" is not difficult. He does not require special care, but he bears good fruit. In one summer season, you can harvest up to 4 harvests.
Maitake mushrooms have become popular in Russia not so long ago. But they have been familiar to people since ancient times. Here are some interesting facts about the amazing mushrooms:
- Maitake is called the dancing mushroom. The origin of this name has several reasons. The most popular version is the legend about the people who before the harvest of mushrooms danced a ritual dance. According to the belief, it allowed them to preserve the usefulness of the product and get the next harvest as great. According to another legend, people who found the mushroom began to dance with happiness, since at that time many people were very poor and always hungry.
- It was named the ram's mushroom because of its appearance. The caps resemble ram's horns and the entire base is as curly as the animal's wool.
- Grifolia curly is a rare mushroom, which does not grow in all parts of the world. In Russia it is included in the Red Book and is valuable not only because its population has declined. He is good for health, even in powder form. That is why the cost of one pack is quite high.
- In China you can find entire plantations of fruit trees where Maitake is grown. It is used to make cosmetics.
- Doctors in Japan believe that there is no more useful and valuable mushroom. It helps to cope with many diseases, restores immunity, has a positive effect on the body as a whole, normalizing the functioning of every system.
Mushroom ramen not only has an interesting taste, but also brings benefits to the body. It contains many vitamins and minerals. It has a positive effect on the whole body. That is why it has become popular not only in China or Japan, but also in Russia. It can be cultivated in the garden plot for eating. But for treatment, it is recommended to use ready-made tinctures and powders. It is important to remember that you should use ready-made mushroom only in moderate quantities to avoid negative consequences.
«Important: All information on the site is provided solely for introductory purposes. Before applying any recommendations, consult with a specialized specialist. Neither the editors nor the authors are liable for any possible harm caused by materials."