Carrot mushrooms: useful properties and recipes for cooking
Almost all mushroom growers are familiar with ginger mushrooms. They have a bright appearance, can be used in the preparation of various dishes. The composition includes just a huge number of useful elements. This type of mushrooms is well assimilated by the body, which is why it is popular with many mushroom hunters. Let's consider them in more detail.
- How do they look and where do russules grow
- What is the difference between redroot and cherry blossom
- Composition and calories
- Useful properties of redroots
- General benefits
- For Women
- For Men
- In Pregnancy
- For breastfeeding
- For children
- When losing weight
- Traditional Medicine
- Harm and contraindications
- When to pick and how to store mushrooms
- How to peel
- Can I freeze?
- Can I dry?
- How to cook Chanterelles: Recipes
- How to roast
- How to boil
- How to salt
- How to marinade
- Can we eat pickles raw?
- Interesting Facts
What do capsicums look like and where do they grow?
Carnations look quite bright, they almost immediately stand out against the background of leaves or greenery. You can recognize them by their appearance and shape. The features are as follows:
- The surface has a bright orange color. It is it that stands out against the general background.
- The fruiting body has a bright cap. At the same time it has a flat part with a diameter of about 6 cm, at the edges it becomes funnel-shaped with bent inward edges.
- Under prolonged growth and favorable conditions, the caps are up to 17 cm in size.
- The surface of the body is moist and a little sticky to the touch. However, this effect disappears in low humidity.
- The stalk is 4-6 cm long and reaches a diameter of 2 cm. In the beginning, the stalk is slightly filled, after which it becomes cellular. The color can be the same as the cap, or slightly lighter. It may taper slightly at the base or be cylindrical. If the surface is pressed a little, it turns green.
- The hymenophore looks plastic. It is clear, bifurcated, and converges into a single stalk at the bottom. The color changes from yellow to orange, after squeezing it also becomes green. It cannot be separated from the cap.
- The pulp has a dense structure, the color in the air changes depending on humidity. Some time after the body has been in the basket, the flesh begins to turn slightly green or remains red. The structure is represented by a combination of small vesicles, there are small conducting hyphae with sap.
- The fungi in question grow practically every year. The root system creates entire families. Many people like the mushrooms in question precisely because of their bright coloration.
"Silent hunting" for ginger mushrooms can depend on a variety of factors. The mushroom network develops well exclusively in normal humidity. This species is found in almost all northern and middle latitude countries. Habitats depend largely on the species. Both should be sought in spruce and pine forests. Large colonies of the mushroom in question are also found in mixed woodlands.
Solitary mushrooms are much less common than colonies. Shallow woodlands are more suitable, so many mushroomers visit forest margins or similar strips. Other recommendations are as follows:
- Experienced mushroom hunters often look for solitary mushrooms on the north side of a tree. Due to the lower temperature, moisture evaporates more slowly, so there are more nutrients for growth.
- The buttercup is often a companion of the redhead. Such mushrooms are very common in the woods, but you need to keep an eye on the nearest ground, there may be other companions hiding.
- You should walk carefully, because small specimens hide deep under the grass. If you walk carelessly, you can just crush them.
- If you find a single burdock, you need to look around well. The possibility of a distant spread of the root system is great.
Large colonies are often found in moss. This is due to the fact that this is where a large amount of moisture is stored for growth. Sandy soils are rich in nutrient minerals. Visiting the forest, you need to pay a lot of attention to various bumps and protrusions, because that is where a small fungus can hide. Experienced mushroom hunters often explore young forest clearings.
The most optimal growing temperature is 15-27 degrees Celsius. The species under consideration practically cannot tolerate cold. They appear en masse between July and September. It is worth bearing in mind that it is necessary to conduct a timely collection of mushrooms, because when favorable conditions pass, they will almost completely disappear.
Types of .
Many people get confused with rye mushrooms due to the fact that there are several types of them. The differences are in the coloring of the skin and flesh, size and the degree of color change when pressed. The main species are as follows:
- Common, hog or pine. This mushroom is considered edible, in taste inferior only to the white mushroom. The cap is yellow or bright orange in color, with green circles in the flesh. The diameter of the cap can vary from 3-17 cm. The plates have a pale color. The stem is about 7 cm high and 2 cm in diameter. This variety has a mild resinous smell and taste after cooking. Grows in Russia and Eastern Europe, mostly in mixed forests. In the Northern Hemisphere, it can be harvested between July and November, depending on weather conditions. This ginger is said to be the tastiest of all that are harvested. There is no need to soak it in advance of direct cooking.
- Spruce. Such a variety is considered a separate species. The upper part of the cap has a strong yellow hue, it is more fleshy compared to the ordinary ones. There is a likelihood of fading over an extended period of time in the sun. In wet weather, the surface of the cap becomes wetter, otherwise it remains dry and smooth. The stem is much shorter, has a bent appearance. The color is almost the same, but the plates are much lighter. This species of redshank grows in spruce forests with an abundance of grass. A bed of pine needles provides long-term preservation of moisture. Some novice mushroom hunters can't tell this species from the pink blossom.
- Red or blood-red. This species is considered quite rare and has a bright red color. Under different growing conditions, the diameter of the cap is 5-15 cm, the surface is smooth with slightly greenish pronounced rings. The stalk is large, 3-6 cm high and reaches 2.5 cm in diameter. In mature versions, it is hollow and has a color similar to the cap. After cooking, red mushrooms have a pleasant and pungent smell. Therefore, this kind is very popular among avid mushroom pickers. The plates are quite pronounced, and there are anastomoses between the individual sections. Unlike other varieties, the mushroom in question, after pressing, the color first changes to brown, and then to greenish. They grow mainly in the northern latitude, most often found in the Czech Republic.
- Red pine. This variety refers to edible mushrooms, which have an orange color of juice. The diameter of the cap varies from 3 to 10 cm. The fleshiness of the structure is medium, with a slight concavity in the central part. The surface becomes red to begin with after pressing, after which it turns slightly green. The stem is 3-8 cm high, about 2.5 cm in diameter. Red Carrot creates mycorrhiza with pine, most often found in Italy or France, but can also be found in the forests of Russia.
- Japanese or fir. Another edible mushroom that is less common than others. The cap does not grow larger than 8 cm in diameter, the edges are wrapped to the underside. The surface has a light brown color, the stem stands out, has a diameter of 2 cm and a length of 7.5 cm. The flesh is slightly light, changing its shade to bright red when pressed. This variety grows in the south of the Russian Federation and in Japan. The most favorable conditions are between September and October.
- Salmon. It belongs to the category of edible. It is worth considering that this variety is characterized by the largest and widest cap. Large variants in high humidity have a diameter of 20 cm. The plates are pink in color, sometimes there is a slight ginger tinge. The stem is 5 cm high, 1-3 cm in diameter. This variety can be found only in coniferous forests.
- Oak. You need to be careful with this variety, as it refers to conditionally edible. It grows most often in deciduous forests, and is widespread in Spain and Great Britain. The cap has an irregular shape, with a diameter in the range of 5-12 cm. When cut, the flesh becomes pink, the mushroom is first soaked to remove the bitter taste.
- Dark. An edible variety that is considered very rare. It is often confused with poisonous ones. The cap is 5 to 12 cm in diameter, in places of pressure or damage turns green. On the back side there is a large number of plates. A distinctive feature is the small stem, which reaches a height of only 5 cm. It is very dense, but becomes hollow in mature mushrooms. Most often found in coniferous forests, it is very susceptible to temperature.
- Vinous. This type is considered by some to be a separate type of mushroom, others - to a variety of ryegrass. Large specimens have a cap that is about 12 cm in size. The name was given by the wine-red hue. If you break it, you can see the white flesh. The stem is about 3 cm in diameter and 6 cm high. If pressed, there is a blueing on the surface.
- Finnish. It has a cap 3-8 cm in diameter, with a very sticky surface. The coloration is slightly different, it is darker in the center compared to the edges. The plates are small, very narrow, and very green. The milky sap turns green on contact with air. When pressed, the color changes to blue. It grows mainly in Karelia or Volgograd region.
The above information indicates that almost all varieties are of the edible type. Many of them inexperienced mushroom growers simply throw them away, considering them inedible or poisonous.
The difference between boletus and capsicum
Most often redroots are confused with bluberries pink. The second variant should be subjected to a good heat treatment, otherwise it is possible poisoning. Many pink blubber mushrooms are called false boletus. At the same time, it is almost impossible to distinguish the two mushrooms with a cursory examination:
- The fruiting body of the blubber mushroom is pink, while that of the mushroom in question is ochre in most cases.
- The cap of the cap of the cap volushek is strongly lowered relative to the stalk.
- Only the red ginger's sap changes color upon contact with air. When oxidized, it turns more green.
- Volnushkae are often found under aspen and birch trees, they practically dislike conifers.
- Inspection is carried out after the mushroom has been cut. Experts recommend throwing away suspicious variants to exclude the likelihood of poisoning, and boiling the rest well.
Composition and calories
Carnations (100 g) have the following indicators:
- Calories - 22 kcal.
- Fats - 0.8 g.
- Proteins - 1.9 g.
- Carbohydrates - 0.5 g.
- Water - 89 g.
The above information indicates that the composition is 45% protein and 43% fat, as well as 12% carbohydrates. There is a lot in the composition:
- Vitamin B2. Insufficient amounts of this element causes skin problems. In addition, twilight vision can be significantly impaired.
- Potassium. It is required for the organization of nerve impulses and the regulation of blood pressure.
- Iron. This element is considered basic and is responsible for transporting electrons and oxygen. Lack of iron leads to severe fatigue and some other problems.
In general, we can say that redroots are quite useful, their use will help to avoid many health problems.
Useful properties of redroots
Many mushroom pickers look for rushniks because of their usefulness and attractive taste qualities. The human body digests them well, compared to others. The useful properties are as follows:
- There are essential vitamins for life.
- Common minerals are included.
- Antibiotic substances are aimed at suppressing most bacteria. An example is the tubercle bacillus.
For a long period, the mushroom in question has been used for the prevention and treatment of diseases associated with respiratory problems. Quality antiseptic is characterized by great effectiveness in application.
A certain composition determines the beneficial effects on the body of women. They are as follows:
- There is practically no fat and no harmful cholesterol in the composition. That is why they can be consumed when prone to obesity or when carrying out a procedure to cleanse and strengthen blood vessels.
- The high concentration of fiber becomes the reason why the considered cooked product helps with digestive system disorders.
Continuous use allows you to get rid of toxins and toxins that accumulate in the body.
Men should also pay attention to gingerberries. They have a lot of different useful properties.
- The product is allowed for diabetes. This is due to the fact that they do not contain harmful elements, but they stimulate the metabolism. Such an approach allows you to avoid the development of complications in the future.
- Mushrooms can be consumed for osteoporosis, rheumatism and many other similar diseases. A certain composition helps to avoid the development of inflammatory processes in the bones or tissues.
- Carrotberries can be used for cardiovascular diseases. They can strengthen the heart muscle and normalize almost all work.
- A large concentration of amino acids and proteins determines that the cooked dish can help at the time of recovery. Restoration of strength leads to the normalization of the immune system.
The beneficial effects determine that many redcurrant dishes are ideal for the recovery period after a cold. Some suggest that there are also beneficial effects on cancer.
In pregnancy, the diet should be developed exclusively by a professional. This is due to the fact that the wrong foods can have negative effects. It is believed that a small amount of mushrooms can be consumed during pregnancy. They are useful, but can disrupt the immune system or the entire body.
When breastfeeding, it is not recommended to include mushroom dishes in the diet. This is due to the fact that almost all elements are transmitted through milk. Poisoning the mother at the time of feeding can lead to serious consequences. Do not forget that the child's immune system is poorly developed.
A child can be given orange mushrooms only after 12 years of age. There is a large amount of protein in the composition, but the body will not be able to digest this product. Offer a child ginger mushrooms only after prior consultation with a pediatrician. Severe poisoning is manifested by symptoms, which are associated with high fever and disorder of the digestive system.
When losing weight.
Often the type of mushrooms under consideration are included in the diet when losing weight. This is due to the fact that they are not caloric, but at the same time have a large number of useful ingredients. When losing weight, you can prepare various dishes with mushrooms. In most cases, they are simply boiled and served with a side dish. The bright taste allows you to break a strong hunger.
Applications in folk medicine
In folk medicine, this mushroom is attributed strong general tonic properties. That is why it is recommended to use them for colds or other similar diseases. Among the features of its use in folk medicine:
- This product is suitable for restoring the metabolic process.
- Folk connoisseurs recommend including mushroom dishes in the diet as a supplement to the main treatment. The therapeutic properties significantly increase when using the mushroom in its raw form.
- Studies indicate that they are useful in vitiligo. Compresses can relieve arthritis pain.
In some cases, gingerbread is used as a real natural band-aid. A few pieces can be placed on a small wound. You need to be sure that the gingerbread is genuine. Otherwise, you can be poisoned.
Harms and contraindications
As previously noted, russets are some of the most useful mushrooms, so if cooked properly, they have minimal negative effects. Considering the harms and contraindications, you need to consider the following points:
- These mushrooms are not suitable for people who suffer from low acidity levels.
- It is forbidden to consume mushroom dishes after removal of the gallbladder, pancreatitis or cholecystitis.
- Some health problems can cause problems with constipation or cause severe pain in the muscle tissue.
- It is forbidden to use them in case of kidney disease and pregnancy.
- Broth should not be consumed when extractives are prohibited.
- Because of the high concentration of salt, it is forbidden to consume pickled or canned mushrooms.
It is worth bearing in mind that after consuming a large number of mushrooms, the urine may turn red. Do not be afraid of this, as the staining occurs due to a high concentration of natural dye.
When to pick and how to store capsicums
As previously noted, russets grow in whole colonies from midsummer to late fall. Mass ripening occurs in late July. It is during this period that you should visit the forests more. Most valuable are small specimens with a cap not more than 3 cm, as they contain a lot of useful elements.
Do not forget that mushrooms tend to accumulate various elements. Therefore, "silent hunting" should be carried out only in an environmentally clean place.
How to clean
Do not forget that today it is strictly forbidden to eat the mushrooms in raw form. Recommendations for harvesting and cleaning are as follows:
- Freshly harvested ginger mushrooms should be well wiped, cleaned of various contaminants.
- When cleaning, you need to remove the top layer. But you can do without this procedure.
It is not necessary to prepare gingerlings for further cooking. This is due to the fact that they do not contain poisonous or harmful elements.
Can I freeze
Some cooks carry out pre-preparation of gingerlings for the winter period. To do this, they need to be thoroughly washed and cleaned of rotten elements. You can freeze them. However, after severe freezing, they lose their main properties.
Can you dry them
It is also possible to carry out the preparation by drying. In this case, the mushrooms can be stored for a longer period. Preparation for such a procedure involves thorough cleaning followed by cooking. After that, drying and storage is carried out.
How to cook redroots: recipes
The process of preparation before direct use should be given quite a lot of attention. From this stage depends on how they will be assimilated later. Recommendations are as follows:
- Mushrooms need to be cleaned of debris and thoroughly rinsed.
- There is no consensus on whether to soak ginger mushrooms. If you carry out such a procedure, it will take about 3 days.
- When preparing, you should take into account that there are elements that easily oxidize in the open air. Therefore, after cleaning, you should put the redroots in slightly salted water.
- Often there are larvae and insects in mushrooms. They are very harmful, as well as their products. Affected areas should be thoroughly cleaned, otherwise you can be poisoned.
There is simply a huge number of different recipes for cooking dishes from the mushroom in question, as it has a bright and very attractive taste. The choice depends on personal preferences.
From frozen ginger mushrooms you can prepare a good soup. The instructions are as follows:
- The mushrooms are thawed, cut into pieces and put on a towel.
- Onions and carrots are required. They are chopped and shredded, then slightly fried to make them soft.
- In a pot boil water, add mushrooms, and after 10 minutes - peeled potatoes.
- All cook under a closed lid for 20 minutes.
- Add the previously fried vegetables.
Before serving, you can add a tablespoon of sour cream to the plate.
If desired, you can prepare a kind of caviar from the collected and harvested raw materials. Make it in stages:
- The mushrooms are thoroughly cleaned and washed.
- Then they are boiled, which takes 20 minutes.
- After boiling, the mushrooms are taken out, put on a towel, pressed with a nest for 3 hours.
- The preparation is chopped until a homogeneous mass, for which you need to use a blender.
- Peel the onion, after which it is washed and cut into small cubes.
- Onions are fried until golden. After that, add mushrooms and fry together for 15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper, and stir-fry for 10 minutes.
All laid out in pre-sterilized jars, pour hot oil and close with lids.
How to cook
The sequence of frying is as follows:
- It is recommended to boil the mushrooms before frying in lightly salted water, it takes about 20 minutes.
- When frying, do not add a lot of spices. This is due to the fact that ginger mushrooms themselves have an attractive taste.
- Do not keep the lid closed all the time. This is due to the fact that the moisture should gradually come out. If you don't open the lid from time to time, after roasting, there will only be shapeless elements underneath. They will not taste or feel like mushrooms.
A special recipe involves creating a special sauce. The preparation is carried out as follows:
- Onions are cut in rings, after which they are fried until they form a crust.
- Vinegar is slightly heated. To give a pleasant taste, a small amount of sugar is added to it.
- The resulting vinegar is left to cool. It takes about 10-15 minutes. Well strain the composition.
- Sour cream is mixed with honey, spices and mustard. To do this, you can use a whisk. Pour the vinegar.
- Mushrooms are chopped and fried in a pan. The previously chopped onions are added to them.
- After adding all the elements, simmer gingerlings in the pan for 5 minutes.
Serve redroots can be served with potatoes or other garnish. Because of their appealing taste, many people even eat them simply with sauce.
How to Boil
With boiling mushrooms, as a rule, there are no serious difficulties. To do this, it is enough to remove all the damaged elements.
Cooking should take place in lightly salted water. This takes about 20 minutes. From time to time, it is recommended to slightly open the lid, as otherwise the ginger mushrooms will overcook.
How to salt
There are several different ways to salt mushrooms.
The hot method involves following the following instructions:
- Mushrooms are sorted out.
- Pour them into hot water. To boil the mushrooms, it takes only a couple of minutes.
- Boiled mushrooms are drained through a colander. They need to let dry to normal room temperature.
- Prepared containers are filled with mushrooms, it is recommended to put them with their heads up. After that, they are thoroughly salted.
- After the container is completely filled with mushrooms, a burden is placed on it.
Used container should be covered with several gauzes. It is recommended to store it at a temperature of 0 to 7 degrees. For this purpose a cellar or a basement is suitable. The whole process takes about a month and a half.
How to pickle
At home, it is possible to marinate mushrooms for the winter. The procedure is divided into several basic steps:
- Peeled mushrooms are carefully spread out in a saucepan, so that the water completely covered the caps.
- Boil for 30-40 minutes. After turning off the heat, the water is immediately drained. If you insist mushrooms in water, there is a possibility of changing the color of the brine. Ready mushrooms pour into a colander. Only after that, you can continue to work.
- The next step involves the preparation of a special brine. It requires peeled garlic, pepper and vegetable oil.
- The mushrooms are kept until the marinade dries completely. The container is tightly closed.
Another recipe involves the use of additional ingredients. The instructions for cooking are as follows:
- Place horseradish on the bottom of the enamel, and then pour ginger in several layers. It is recommended to sprinkle each layer with salt.
- Filled container is covered with horseradish leaves.
- Place the pickled jars in a dark and cold place. It takes about three days for pickling.
There is also a recipe that does not involve pre-sterilization. The recommendations are as follows:
- Before pre-cooking, salt the water, then bring to a boil.
- Next, the mushrooms are placed in a jar, leaving the fire for 2-3 minutes.
- After that, keep the mushrooms under the lid for 30 minutes.
Another popular Polish recipe is very popular. Its peculiarity lies in the fact that the preparation of the marinade is carried out in one hour. The instructions are as follows:
- One liter of water is heated.
- When boiling, add horseradish, as well as other spices.
- The prepared marinade is left for 24 hours.
- After the deadline, salt and sugar are added, after which the marinade is put on the fire and heated for 10 minutes.
- Preparation of russules involves boiling them for 15 minutes. The formed film is periodically removed.
- Mushrooms are placed in jars.
The first time marinade is recommended to store in a cool place. The bottom shelf of the refrigerator will be suitable for this.
Can I eat pickles raw?
Quite a common question, whether it is possible to consume the considered species in raw form. This is due to the fact that previously they were consumed raw. Today, experts do not recommend this:
- If you mix up the type of mushroom, then from raw will be severely poisoned.
- Such a product is very difficult to digest.
To avoid serious problems, it is better to boil the collected raw material properly.
There are several interesting facts that relate to a particular type of mushroom:
- In the 19th century, they were sent to France in bottles. At that time they were valued more than champagne, considered a real delicacy.
- The most popular were the versions that had a hat size of no more than 2.5 cm. This was due to the fact that others simply did not fit into the neck of the bottle.
«Important: All information on this site is provided solely for introductory information on this web site is for informational purposes only. Please consult with a health care professional before using any of the recommendations. specialist before applying any of the recommendations. Neither the editors nor the authors shall be liable for any possible harm caused by materials."