Goose eggs: useful properties and contraindications
Nature has taken care that for plants and animals, the continuation of the species was one of the most important tasks. That is why eggs of geese, chickens and other birds are concentrated in the maximum usefulness of nutrients, minerals and trace elements.
- What is the difference between goose eggs and chicken eggs
- Which are healthier: chicken or goose eggs
- Composition and calories
- How goose eggs are useful
- For women
- For men
- For breastfeeding
- For children
- Slimming down
- Goose eggs application in cosmetology
- Harm and contraindications
- How to store goose eggs
- How to cook goose eggs
- How to fry
- How to boil them
- Can we eat raw goose eggs?
What is the difference between goose eggs and chicken eggs
If we talk about goose eggs, they differ from chicken eggs, at first glance, in size (they are 3-4 times larger). Secondly, they are denser and unlike chicken eggs, goose eggs contain more nutrients for the body.
In addition, goose eggs have 2 times more valuable fatty acids such as Omega-3, and 2 times less carbohydrates, which indicates the main difference between these products.
Which eggs are healthier: chicken or goose eggs
- We should probably start the comparison of eggs with their caloric content. So, goose eggs have almost 1.5 times more calories than chicken eggs. Therefore, the latter are more dietary products.
- The second, no less important characteristic is the amount of protein in one egg. And here again goose eggs are in the first place, which have a little more of it. This fact is quite important when drawing up a menu.
- As for carbohydrates and minerals, goose eggs will also be in the lead. But the amount of cholesterol in goose eggs and chicken eggs is the same.
For reference: The highest percentage of cholesterol is found in quail eggs.
If we conclude from the above, it is safe to say that goose eggs are somewhat healthier than chicken eggs.
Composition and calories
The nutritional value of any product is determined by the presence in its composition of useful substances, minerals, macro-and micronutrients.
The energy value of goose eggs is 185 kcal (per 100 grams).
Nutritional value: proteins and fats - about 14 g per 100 g of product, there are almost no carbohydrates, their amount can vary from 1 to 2 g.
Before proceeding to the description of the elements and vitamins, separately we should note the presence in the yolk of goose eggs such pigment as lutein. Its peculiarity lies in the fact that no human organ can synthesize it. This means that you can get it only by eating foods that contain it. The importance of lutein lies in the fact that it is found in the retina. Simply put, its amount determines visual acuity. In addition, it is a filter for ultraviolet rays and does not allow them to affect the retina and penetrate into the deeper areas of the eye. This prevents diseases such as cataracts or retinal dystrophy.
The goose egg contains vitamins:
- Vitamin A is an essential element for the human body that is responsible for the formation of some complex proteins. It promotes metabolism and the growth of bones and teeth. It also ensures the integrity of cells, which in turn are responsible for the formation of mucous membranes. Vitamin A is an antioxidant, which means it counteracts aging and prevents the emergence of malignant tumors.
- Vitamin E is fat-soluble. It is an antioxidant. Vitamin E protects the human body from the harmful effects of toxins, its deficiency can greatly impair human activity and lead to anemia. This vitamin is also sometimes called "feminine" because it affects the rejuvenation of the body as a whole and eliminates dry skin and hair.
- Vitamin D is unique in its own way. It can be obtained not only with food, but it can also be formed when a person's skin is exposed to sunlight. Its main function is to help in the absorption of phosphorus and calcium, minerals which are the building blocks of bone and teeth. It also has a positive effect on the health of the skin, and people who get enough of it do not suffer from depression and sleep disorders.
- Vitamin K was discovered by scientists relatively recently. Initially, it was thought that it was only involved in blood clotting. But in fact it turned out that it is involved in many important processes of the body. For example, it has a major impact on kidney and liver function, as well as on the absorption of potassium. In addition, it is necessary for the metabolism between the cells of the bone tissue.
Minerals contained in goose eggs:
- Phosphorus. This is the main building mineral for bone tissue, and it is also necessary for the formation of teeth and nerve cells. Without it, formations such as RNA and DNA cannot exist. It is necessary for the formation and retention of energy, and also affects the acid-alkaline balance of the blood.
- Potassium. The second most abundant mineral is potassium, which is important for the body because it has a positive effect on muscle function. It also improves brain function because it promotes the flow of oxygen to the brain. In addition, it regulates the water and salt content of the body's cells. It is found in almost all organ cells, affecting soft tissues.
- Sodium. Its useful properties: it maintains blood concentration, is involved in the formation of gastric juice, dilates blood vessels, influences muscle function, and the release of pancreatic enzymes. In addition, it normalizes the water balance in the body.
- Calcium. Most people know about this mineral as a building element. Yes, that is absolutely true, but it is also involved in many processes in the body when it interacts with others. For example, magnesium without calcium would not be able to keep the human cardiovascular system functioning properly. In addition, phosphorus would be useless without it for bone health. Calcium can also directly affect cholesterol levels by blocking the absorption of certain fats in the stomach.
- Selenium. Although this mineral is extremely toxic in high doses, it is at the same time extremely important for the normal development and functioning of the body. First of all, scientists point out the fact that it prevents the development of cancer cells as well as protects against DNA damage. It has a positive effect on the gastrointestinal tract and protects the endocrine and cardiovascular systems.
In addition to the above minerals, goose eggs contain copper, manganese, iron, zinc and fluoride in smaller amounts.
What goose eggs are good for
If we talk about the benefits of goose eggs for women, it is necessary to mention vitamin E, which is found in large quantities in this product. The importance of this vitamin for the female body is quite difficult to overestimate: it is necessary throughout life, as it is responsible for the production of enzymes, hormones and has a direct impact on the rejuvenation and healthy appearance. It is worth saying that the role of vitamin E is so great that it is produced as a drug and included in vitamin complexes and cosmetics.
Benefits for women:
- Vitamin E protects the cells of the body from destruction and degradation, which means - it opposes the aging of the body as a whole. For women, this vitamin is important because it has a complex effect on the structure of hair, strengthening its entire length from root to tip, making it thick, strong and soft, in a word, beautiful. The same processes are characteristic of the nails, vitamin E strengthens them and promotes normal growth.
- Also consumption of products containing sufficient amounts of vitamin E helps to normalize the elasticity of the skin. As a result, the number of inflammations decreases, and cuts and micro-traumas heal much faster.
- With regular consumption of goose eggs, which contain a sufficient amount of vitamin E, the condition characteristic of PMS, improves. So, the pain in the mammary glands is reduced, fatigue, mood swings and swelling disappears.
- Since vitamin E affects the ovaries and estrogen production, it has a positive effect on how we feel during menopause. For women who are over 40 years old, it is a must to eat goose eggs instead of chicken eggs.
Goose eggs are good for men because of their high vitamin K content. After the age of 40, most men experience cardiovascular problems and diseases related to it, which can lead to quite serious consequences, including death.
Potassium is directly involved in the work of all muscles, its lack is a lack of energy, and therefore - incomplete performance of tasks. Thus, its absence can lead to partial or complete paralysis.
Nutrition of the future mother is very important, because what she eats, nourishes the future child. That is why a balanced diet is important; it should include products that are beneficial for the development of the fetus and do not have a negative impact. As for goose eggs, they contain a lot of nutrients and minerals.
Important! WHO defines egg white as a reference product according to its amino acid content. Therefore, eating eggs is not only possible, but also necessary. And due to the presence of fatty acids, the fat contained in the yolk of goose eggs is well absorbed by the body and is not harmful to it.
Also, goose eggs contain elements that help the development of the brain and nervous system of the child.
Because of the high risk of allergies in the baby to bird protein, it is recommended to use goose eggs very carefully when breastfeeding. However, folk wisdom says that it is necessary to eat eggs while breastfeeding, so in this case it is worth to be guided by common sense and the advice of a doctor.
Why is it so important to eat goose eggs when breastfeeding:
- 1 egg contains about 10-20% of the daily norm of protein.
- Egg protein is a reference protein, the body absorbs it almost 100%.
- Selenium contained in eggs helps recovery after childbirth.
- Amino acids help muscles and skin regenerate.
Goose egg also contains choline and niacin. The first substance is able to remove various toxins from the liver and is involved in the formation of fatty acids in the body. A niacin has a positive effect on the brain - reduces fatigue, increases mood.
What you need to know about eating eggs while breastfeeding:
- In the diet of the mother eggs should be introduced not earlier than a month after delivery.
- You should start with 1/3 of an egg, the total amount per week should not exceed 3 pcs.
- Goose eggs in raw form during this period should not be used.
About the usefulness of goose eggs for children one can make legends, they contain a huge number of essential vitamins, as well as important minerals for growth and proper development: phosphorus, calcium, potassium and iron. Their concentration in goose eggs is simply huge compared to chicken eggs (more than 2-5 times), which makes them an important part of the children's menu.
For weight loss
Goose eggs for weight loss not only can be eaten, but it is necessary to adhere to the norm. Goose eggs, like chicken eggs, belong to the dietary products due to the fact that they are low-calorie. Also, eggs have a unique protein that is almost completely assimilated by the body, which is important when dieting. Useful vitamins and minerals normalize its work.
Despite the fact that eggs are high in cholesterol, they also contain substances that prevent its absorption by the body.
There are many diets that have eggs in their composition. The fact is that they have almost no carbohydrates, which are a source of energy, so the body begins to burn stored fat.
The use of goose eggs in cosmetology
Due to the presence of beneficial substances in goose eggs, they are also used for cosmetic purposes, usually to prepare various masks. They allow the skin to look healthy, normalize fluid balance and make it elastic.
A few simple recipes for goose egg masks.
Oily and problem skin mask
For the preparation you will need goose egg white and fresh cucumber.
- Grind the cucumber in a blender until you get a pulp.
- Then mix it with the protein until a homogeneous mass is obtained.
The resulting mixture is applied to the face and leave for 15-25 minutes. When it dries, it should be removed by hand, and the rest of the wash off with warm water.
For the preparation you will need gelatin and white goose egg.
- Add 2 tablespoons of boiling water to 5 grams of gelatin and wait till the granules dissolve.
- Whisk the egg white until frothy.
- Mix the dissolved gelatin and the beaten egg white.
The resulting mask should be applied to the face and leave to act for 40 minutes, then rinse with warm water, using a soft sponge.
Harms and contraindications
Significant harm goose eggs can cause a person only if they are eaten raw or improperly cooked. Otherwise, it is quite useful and safe product.
You should not eat goose eggs to those who have an individual intolerance and allergic reactions to bird protein. Also they should not eat young children. Into child's diet goose eggs should be introduced after 7 years, because the reaction of immature body to this foodstuff can be unpredictable.
How to store goose eggs properly
It is not easy to buy goose eggs, because special conditions are necessary for their storage. At home they can be stored in the refrigerator at 2°C, with a relative humidity of 70-80%. Also keep in mind that geese are carriers of various diseases.
How to cook goose eggs
How to fry
The problem when cooking goose eggs is the yolk, which can contain salmonella bacteria. Therefore, it is impossible to cook glazed eggs from them, because the yolk is not baked enough, and the bacterium can get into the body with the food and cause illness. In this case it is better to make goose eggs into an omelet.
Goose egg omelet
To prepare it you will need:
- Goose egg - 1 pc.
- Milk - 50 ml.
- Onion - 1 head.
- Salt and spices - to taste.
- Olive oil.
- First, fry the onion in olive oil until golden brown.
- Whisk the egg and milk until frothy. Then add salt and spices.
- When the onions are ready, pour the beaten egg into the pan, cover and cook for 6-8 minutes over low heat.
How to Boil
Because of the danger of salmonella, it is recommended to cook goose eggs a little longer than chicken eggs: about 25-30 minutes. Boiled goose eggs are good for digestion, and it is recommended to eat them with bread or salad, as well as with dry red wine. Unlike fried goose eggs, boiled goose eggs do not have a characteristic flavor. Therefore, they are boiled more often than fried.
Can we eat raw goose eggs?
The answer to this question is categorically no! Geese are not clean birds, in addition, they carry a number of diseases and infections that penetrate the eggs through the shell, and to get rid of them, except through heat treatment, is impossible.
Consumption of raw goose eggs can lead to serious consequences for the body, so you should not eat them in this form!
«Important: All information on this site is provided for informational purposes only. for educational purposes only. Consult a healthcare professional before applying any recommendations. specialist before you use any of the recommendations. Neither the editors nor the authors shall be liable for any possible harm caused by materials."