Berries of the raspberry: useful properties and contraindications
Berries are a relatively new crop, but at the same time its popularity is growing every year. Today not many people know about it, but even in the Middle Ages in some countries, yarrow was actively used to manufacture a variety of medicines and drugs. Thanks to the many valuable substances contained in berries, it has found its application in modern folk medicine. In addition, the highly decorative qualities of shrubs encourage gardeners to ennoble their plots with this culture.
- What is a bramble and how does it look like
- What is the difference between the blueberries
- Composition and calories
- Useful properties of the yarrow
- General benefits
- For Women
- For Men
- In Pregnancy
- For children
- The benefits and uses of fig leaves
- Medical Yarrow
- Diabetes mellitus
- For constipation
- For gout
- Recipes of traditional medicine based on fig
- Flower Infusion
- Berry juice
- Berry Tincture
- Cosmetic applications
- Harm and Contraindications
- How to preserve berries for winter
- What can be made of berries: Recipes
- Interesting facts about yarrow
What is a fig and what does it look like
A small tree or shrub belonging to the Rosaceae family is a fig. The Latin word for "yerbae" is "to bring honey". In England it is called the shade shrub, in America it is called the Saskatoon. There are more than 20 species of the willow, most of which grow in the North American continent. The plants can be found right on forest edges, in rocky areas, and even in the tundra. People have only mastered ten species of this crop. Moreover, they are grown not only as ornamental plants, but also as a sweet and healthy delicacy.
The plants look especially beautiful during the blossoming of the leaves - they seem to be covered with silvery frost. With the appearance of numerous flowers is another transformation: white and pinkish flowers cover the tree and form a picture worthy of an artist's brush. The green or pinkish foliage is also fascinating. The crown of the tree is well foliated, the bark on the trunk has a brownish-gray color and a slightly pinkish hue.
During the fruiting period, small white-pink "apples" appear on the tree, which eventually turn purple or dark purple. The fruits have a pleasant sweet taste, which is why birds like to peck at them. In autumn the leaves take on a yellow, orange-pink or reddish-red hue.
In addition to being an excellent ornamental feature, the yarrow is very tolerant of drought and winter hardiness and is also fast-fruiting. The average life span of the shrub is 65 years, as it grows the stems become true trunks that can reach up to 8 m in height. The fig is considered one of the best honeybees. However, it is worth noting some disadvantages of this culture. For example, it has abundant root shoots, which can cause a lot of trouble to gardeners. But the effort spent will not be in vain, because, in addition to beauty, the yarrow has many healing properties that can be used to treat a variety of ailments.
Specialists distinguish 4 main types of the yarrow. They include spiky, blood-red, Canadian and alder-leaved irga.
- Spiky. A hardy and drought-resistant species. The pubescent crown is covered with small leaves. The small fruits have a mediocre taste even though they have a high sugar content.
- Blood red. The species ripens rather late. The fruits have an unusual shape - they are slightly flattened. There are few seeds in the fruit, so they are not very interesting to birds. The berries practically have no taste whatsoever. They are quite dense, during the consumption of a feeling of immaturity, but this is their characteristic feature. You can get quite a lot of juice from the fruit. Sometimes the juice of the fig is mixed with other juices, such as apple juice, which gives the drink a very interesting taste.
- Canadian. This species has the largest brown-red and dark blue fruits. Birds are very fond of berries, so they sometimes just sweep away the whole crop even before it is ripe. In taste, the fruits are perfectly balanced, sweet, while having a sourness. The only disadvantage of the species is poor winter hardiness.
- Alderleaf. The fruits of this species are relatively large and juicy. They have high taste qualities, an excellent balance of sugar and acid, and have a pleasant honey odor. Berry juice of this species is often used as a natural food coloring.
What is the difference between the blueberry and the bilberry
The average height of blueberry bushes is about one and a half meters, unlike the blueberry, whose bushes and trees can reach 5 meters in height. The blueberries have a sour-sweet taste, while the blueberries have a sugary-sweet taste. The first berry has a black-blue color with a waxy patina, while the second has a black color. The blueberry is comparable in size to the black chokeberry, while the wild gooseberry is slightly larger than the bird cherry.
Composition and calories
In 100 g of the product contains:
- calories - 45 kcal;
- proteins - 0 g;
- fats - 0 g;
- Carbohydrates - 11.4 g.
The product also contains a lot of vitamins and trace elements, which have a beneficial effect on the human body. Fruits are rich in vitamins B, C, P, sugars, carotenes, flavonoids, organic acids, coloring and tannins, pectin, fiber, copper and cobalt. The seeds contain fatty oils, tannins are present in the composition of leaves and bark.
Useful properties of boldberry
- It is rich in antioxidants. They help strengthen the human immune system, help counteract irritations and depressions, and can also accelerate cell regeneration processes. In addition, they play an important role in the fight against Alzheimer's disease.
- Reduces cholesterol levels. Irga contains phytosterols, the most famous and scientifically proven beneficial property of which is their ability to lower cholesterol.
- Irga also contains pectin. This beneficial substance also lowers cholesterol and improves digestive health. Pectin improves the body's detoxification abilities, helps regulate cholesterol levels, and supports intestinal and digestive health.
- Maintains healthy skin. One factor in aging skin is the breakdown and loss of collagen, a major component of connective tissue. As we age, the body is no longer able to produce it as it once did. The substances in the irga help stimulate collagen production, so they have a rejuvenating effect on the skin.
- Normalizes blood pressure. Organic berries are rich in vitamin C, which helps reduce the risk of stroke and helps maintain normal blood pressure levels. It protects the body from free radicals, which can also trigger a stroke.
- Supports brain function. Vitamin C also plays a key role in the production of neurotransmitters such as norepinephrine. This affects a person's mood and plays an important role in brain function. Vitamin C also helps strengthen the immune system.
- It speeds up the healing of wounds. Substances in irga accelerate wound healing processes because they facilitate the growth of connective tissue.
- Protect against cancer. Phytosterols contained in the berries of the berry of the berry protect the body from cancer. They help prevent ovarian, breast, stomach and lung cancers. These substances significantly slow or stop the formation of cancer cells, stopping them from spreading.
- Prevent chronic diseases. Bioflavonoids contained in irga support the immune system and act as a prophylactic for chronic diseases. They help the body to cope with various inflammations and oxidative stress by removing tissue-damaging toxins.
The berries are very useful for the female body, as they help to suppress unpleasant symptoms during menopause and accelerate recovery from uterine bleeding. The berries can alleviate a woman's general condition during this period, since they relieve pain. The yarrow helps to restore hemoglobin and prevents a state of impotence and fatigue. In addition, women are known to often suffer from varicose veins. When you consume the fruits of figs, the likelihood of blood clots and blood clots is reduced, while speeding up blood circulation and increasing the production of red blood cells. Folic acid is beneficial to the reproductive system.
According to experts, men after 50 years of age can especially benefit from berries, because it is at this age that various cardiac pathologies appear. In this case, the berries of the fig can act as a prevention of heart disease. However, it also has a positive effect on young members of the stronger sex. This product supports the health of the reproductive system and stimulates potency. The berries improve blood flow in the groin area, helping to increase "manhood" and the ability to conceive.
Irberries are recommended to be consumed when driving a car or working at a computer for long periods of time or all the time. Berries support eye health, help get rid of chronic fatigue and prevent prostatitis.
During pregnancy, a woman needs to limit a number of medications she has taken before. For example, blood pressure lowering drugs can greatly increase the risks of side effects, which are especially dangerous during pregnancy. Berries can help lower blood pressure without causing any harm to either the woman or the fetus.
The berries also help get rid of diarrhea due to their astringent and antibacterial properties. To reduce the likelihood of varicose veins, thrombosis, weakening of blood vessels and other problems that occur in women at this stage, experts recommend consuming fresh berries.
The fruit is useful to those women who continue to spend a lot of time at the computer during pregnancy, as they reduce the impact of electromagnetic radiation on the body. In the case of sore throat or stomatitis, the berries can act as an excellent alternative to antibiotics. You can use decoctions and juices for mouthwashes or direct consumption.
Also, the yerba mellifera is a natural sedative. Women who are preparing for motherhood are better off avoiding pills and mixtures. One spoon of berries with honey before bedtime will be enough to cope with nervous tension.
For all the benefits of this product, there are also some contraindications for women in the position.
- Pregnant women who suffer from hypotension, it is forbidden to consume berries, because berries lower blood pressure, which can lead to loss of strength, tone disorders or loss of consciousness.
- If your work requires constant concentration, you should also not eat berries.
- Since the product has a sedative effect, it is not recommended to eat it before dinner.
- In addition, it is worth considering that berries creep, so if you have constipation or are prone to it, you should not include them in your diet.
- In the case of an upcoming surgery, it is worth knowing that the fruits of the fig reduce blood clotting.
Juice can be used to rinse the mouth and throat for sore throat, treat wounds and burns with it, use internally to stimulate the gastrointestinal tract. The berries of the figs are not very juicy, so the juice should be extracted as follows - fill 2/3 of the measure of berries with a little sugar and place it in the refrigerator. After 4 days, the juice will be ready. In the case of purulent angina, the drink should be diluted with warm water in the proportion 1:1. You can rinse your throat with this juice up to 5 times a day.
With burns and wounds to the damaged places should be applied soaked in juice cotton tampons.
To reduce blood pressure, you need to use a decoction of flowers of the flowers of the marl. To do this, brew dried flowers (2 tbsp.) in boiling water (2 cups), wrap with a cloth for a few hours and drink 2 tbsp. before meals.
Women who are pregnant need to eat berries in moderation. Berries are not a product that can be eaten without restrictions. Before consuming berries or using them for medicinal purposes, it is recommended to consult a specialist.
In the postpartum period in women, as a rule, the body is weakened and defenseless against viruses. And since it is undesirable to take medications at this time, you should use natural remedies. As one of such remedies can be the berries. The berries will help to normalize your blood pressure, to get rid of colds and the negative impact of external harmful factors. Berries can help get rid of postpartum depression and improve sleep. One spoonful of berries will be enough to solve all these problems.
It is worth noting that in the first week after childbirth women may be constipated, so you should not consume berries. In addition, if the baby has allergic reactions (rash, redness, crusts on the head, diaper rash, frequent belching) from berries should be abandoned for at least 1 month.
It is necessary to take into account that it is not recommended to include berries in the diet of young children, otherwise it can provoke allergies. In the case of hypertension, you need to introduce the product in children's diet with special caution.
If we talk in general, then the fig is extremely useful for children. With 3 years you can slowly start giving your child berries, it will ensure normal mental development of the baby, will allow from an early age to have a good sleep and a healthy nervous system. With regular use of berries the child's brain productivity will increase.
Game fruits are especially recommended for school-age children, as this product will help to more easily endure mental stress. Berry juice promotes better healing of wounds and abrasions. At the same time, consume fresh berries should be in limited quantities, otherwise you can earn problems with the stomach.
When losing weight
When you regularly consume the fruits of berries, the digestive processes are normalized, while preventing potential problems related to the gastrointestinal tract. The yarrow in the period of weight loss is really useful, because the substances contained in it contribute to the removal of toxins and impurities from the body. This will help establish the metabolism, prevent fat deposition and stimulate the loss of more calories.
You can shed extra pounds using the berries of this plant in several ways. For example, you can make various compotes, morses or berry infusions. The most useful in the period of weight loss are considered to be just drinks. It is necessary to choose individually the most acceptable option for yourself, which will allow you to get rid of excess weight, while also strengthening your health. However, berries can also be consumed in their natural form, the main thing is to observe moderation. During the period of weight loss, it is allowed to eat only a few fruits a day.
The benefits and uses of the leaves of the fig tree
The leaves of this plant also have a number of useful properties, so they are quite actively used by folk healers for the prevention or treatment of various ailments. Phytoncides contained in the leaves help fight various infections. For example, they can be used for acute respiratory infections or sore throat. They also have antimicrobial properties that can be useful in treating various kinds of wounds.
The leaves also have astringent properties, so they can be used for pancreatitis and diarrhea. Infusions based on them can be drunk with sleep problems and in the case of heart muscle disorders.
To avoid stuffing your child with artificial antibiotics for coughs, it is recommended to make decoctions from the leaves of this plant. Such drinks will help get rid of the cough and reduce the formation of mucus in the respiratory tract. Children under 2 years of age can use irrigation, but in small doses, since the leaves contain a large number of allergens.
Children, as a rule, are quite naughty, they can hurt themselves. In this case, a natural antiseptic - the leaves of the huckleberry - will be excellent for recovery. It will be enough to soak a cotton pad (you can use a fresh leaf of the plant) in decoction of the leaves and apply it to the wound. A tea based on the leaves will enrich the body with vitamins and strengthen the immune system. The leaves are also used in the field of cosmetology, rejuvenate and revitalize the skin.
Irrigation in medicine
Irrga is also used in the field of medicine, because with the help of this plant you can prevent the occurrence of heart attacks and strokes. Healing effect has a whole set of above-ground parts of the plant - berries, flowers, leaves and bark. Berries are used for vitamin deficiency, flowers - for heart problems, and leaves and bark - in cases of digestive disorders. Although in scientific medicine, irriga is not used, yet its healing properties have been repeatedly confirmed by folk healers. Healers quite often turn to this culture, as it is effective both in the prevention and in the treatment of various diseases.
For diabetes mellitus
Berries are allowed to eat in diabetes, because they have a low glycemic index - 20, while they have no fat and few calories (45 kcal). This product contains many useful substances that help to improve the condition of people suffering from diabetes. At the same time, it is necessary to observe the permissible doses, because berries also contain sugars that can be deposited in the body.
The rate of consumption varies depending on the weight and the course of the disease in a person, so it must be negotiated individually with your doctor. Consumption of berries can be both in natural form and as a drink. Daily rate - up to 100 g of berries.
In the case of chronic constipation, it is forbidden to use okra. This is caused by the fact that the product has a fortifying effect, so it can only worsen the condition.
In case of gout
In gout, acid accumulates in the joint tissues, so in this case will be useful products that reduce inflammation and detoxify the body. Yarrow is just such a product. The fruits can be consumed internally or make on their basis compresses. It is also possible to carry out therapeutic procedures with the juice of berries. When you get berry juice on the affected area, pain and inflammation noticeably weaken.
Recipes of traditional medicine based on berries
- In a saucepan, place the dried flowers (3 tbsp.).
- Pour vodka (2 cups). If you can not tolerate vodka, you can pour water. When using an alcoholic base drink should insist 3 days. If the flowers pour water, you need to cover the container and wait until it cools.
- After infusion, strain.
- Use up to 3 times a day, 1 tbsp. 20 minutes before a meal.
- Wash the berries.
- Grind them into a puree.
- Squeeze the juice using gauze.
- Dissolve the juice of the figs with the juice of cherries, cranberries and similar berries.
- Heat (do not wait until it boils) and roll in jars (before canning, put boiling water on the container).
- Take 70-100 ml before a meal.
- Mashed potato berries.
- Fill 75% of the jar with this mass.
- Pour vodka contents of the jar (leave a free 4 cm from the neck).
- Put in a cool place without light (3 days).
- Strain and discard the rest of the berries.
- Store the remedy in a cool place. Consume 1 tbsp. before meals up to 3 times a day.
Culture has found application in cosmetology. Means based on berries have rejuvenating properties, prevent the aging of the skin, contribute to the narrowing of pores, and also have a beneficial effect on oily skin. In addition, cosmetics strengthen the hair and nails. There are many recipes using the berries of this plant. For example, you can make a simple nourishing face mask at home. To do this you need:
- Combine berry juice (1 tbsp) with honey (1 tsp) and cottage cheese (1 tbsp).
- The resulting mass apply to the face.
- Leave on the face for 15 minutes. Wash face with boiled water.
Harm and contraindications
In some cases, the use of the fig can harm the body. Like any plant that has bright medicinal properties, if used in excess or improperly, it can bring harm. Irriga should not be used in such cases:
- intolerance to its components;
- Hemophilia, as the product makes the blood thinner;
- Hypotension, as berries lower blood pressure;
- pregnancy or lactation;
- Acute infections and exacerbations of chronic diseases.
In the last two cases, before using, you should consult a doctor.
How to preserve berries for the winter
Organic berries can be frozen for the winter. Frozen product is stored for a long time, especially since after thawing, the berries become even sweeter than fresh, without losing their shape.
It is better to freeze the product without syrup and sugar. Before you freeze the berries, you need to sort them, rinse and dry them. After this, sprinkle the fruits in a single layer on a cardboard tray or on a baking tray and place in the freezer. After this, pour the frozen berries into bags, tie them and put them in the freezer.
What can be cooked from figs: recipes
Berries of figs are actively used in the field of cooking, since they have a characteristic sweet taste. They are excellent as a base for jam as well as one of the ingredients for this dessert. The fruit also makes excellent drinks, for example, they can be used to make berry compotes or juice. Berries are great for making mashed potatoes, and they can also be used in desserts and baked goods. Berry juices are used as sauces for dishes, the fruit is used to create alcoholic beverages.
- fig berries - 1 kg;
- sugar - 1 kg;
- water - 1 tbsp;
- citric acid - 3 g.
How to prepare:
- Wash the berries and let them dry.
- Boil water and add sugar.
- Once the syrup boils, add the berries, reduce the heat and cook until tender.
- When boiling is over, add citric acid and let it cool.
- Pour jam in sterilized jars and cover.
- berries - 1,5 kg;
- sugar - to taste;
- water - to taste.
How to cook:
- Wash the berries.
- Put them in jars (30% of the volume).
- Pour boiling water and cover with lids. Leave for 20 minutes.
- Drain the water into a pan.
- Pour sugar (1 liter - 150 grams of sugar).
- When the syrup boils well, pour it into jars.
- Cork the jars and place in a warm place (for 7 hours).
- berries of the figs - 1 tbsp;
- granulated sugar - 1/2 st;
- water - 1 liter.
How to cook:
- Squeeze the juice from the washed berries.
- Mix it with boiled (about 10 minutes) and strained squeeze, cooled water and sugar.
- Leave it for about 11 hours.
- Serve cold.
- the juice of figs - 1 liter;
- granulated sugar - 1 kg;
- water - 2 liters.
How to prepare:
- Boil sugar syrup from water and sugar (the process takes up to half an hour).
- Squeeze the berries and get the juice.
- In the juice add the syrup and pour into a jar.
- Close the jar with a water sealer.
- When the wine is light in shade, pour it into another jar.
- Pour the wine into bottles and place in a cool place.
The wine will be ready in 3 months.
Interesting facts about the yrka
- Sometimes, the trees can grow up to 18 meters tall.
- If you consume 1 kg of berries in a short period of time, you can fall asleep.
- In dried form, the product can be stored for up to 2 years.
- In botany, the fruit of the fig is not referred to as a berry, but as a small apple.
- In Canada, the yarrow is usually grown for winemaking.
«Important: All information on this site is provided for informational purposes only purposes. Check with your health care professional before using any recommendations. health care professional before using any of the information. Neither the editors nor the authors shall be liable for any possible harm caused by materials."