Guinea fowl eggs: useful properties and contraindications
Guinea fowl has been known to mankind since Roman times, but its true homeland is Africa, the peninsula of Madagascar. Having got to Russia, it became known as the "Tsar's bird" because it was the most exquisite dish on the tables of noble houses. Its relatives are chickens, turkeys and quail. Compared to them, it can survive the heat of +40°C and the cold of -50°C. Unlike its relatives, the guinea fowl is also not picky about food. Its diet can consist of Colorado beetles, slugs, flies, mites, ants, but not plants.
- What do the eggs of a guinea fowl look like
- What is the difference between guinea fowl eggs and chicken eggs
- Composition and calories
- Useful properties of guinea fowl eggs
- For Women
- For Men
- For Pregnancy
- For breastfeeding
- For children
- When losing weight
- Shells of guinea fowl eggs: properties and uses
- Caesar eggs in medicine
- Caesar eggs application in cosmetology
- Harm and contraindications
- How to choose and store guinea fowl eggs
- How to boil guinea fowl eggs
- Is it possible to eat raw
- Facts of interest about the guinea fowl
The guinea fowl, having become a domestic bird, has not lost the features of the free-loving and authoritarian nature of its distant ancestors. It does not fly as well as it runs. In the farm, the bird can take on the duties of a guardian: no stranger, dog or cat will pass by it, as they will certainly be stopped or frightened by the roaring cry of the guinea fowl.
Equally attractive about this bird is its very low susceptibility to salmonellosis and leukosis. The guinea fowl has dietary meat, which has few calories, but many useful trace elements. For half a year it lays eggs, which are considered hypoallergenic.
What do the eggs of a guinea fowl look like?
The shape of the eggs of the guinea fowl resembles a pyramid, because one end of them is sharp and elongated. The location of the air chamber is the rounded area opposite the sharp end. The shell, sometimes up to 2 mm thick, is strong and hard: an egg thrown from a height of two meters can remain intact. The shell under the shell is also hard and dense.
The shell contains a non-watery protein. It envelops the bright yellow, almost orange yolk.
The beige color and brown speckles on the shell along with the shape are the "trademark" of guinea fowl eggs. Another feature of African hen eggs is the roughness of the shell surface when touched.
What is the difference between a guinea fowl egg and a chicken egg?
The color, size and shape of chicken eggs and guinea fowl eggs differ in many ways:
- A guinea fowl's eggs are light brown with speckles, whereas a chicken's are white or bright brown to orange, depending on the diet.
- While guinea fowl eggs have thick, tough shells, chicken eggs have thin, brittle shells.
- Eggs of these two domestic birds differ in the structure of the shell: the number of air pores of the guinea fowl is less than that of their "relatives". Therefore, the penetration of harmful microorganisms inside is limited, which cannot be said about chicken eggs.
- The size of the eggs of these two birds also differs: the eggs of the first bird are smaller than those of the second bird.
- There is also a difference in shape. The hint of a pyramid with an elongated top is a guinea fowl egg, the oval is a chicken egg.
- A guinea fowl egg has twice the vitamin A content of a chicken egg.
- There is a difference in storage time. Room temperature allows you to store guinea fowl eggs for up to two months, and in a refrigerator - up to six months at a temperature of 10 ° C. It is not allowed to freeze them. Whereas the shelf life of chicken eggs is 25 days at room temperature and up to 3 months in the refrigerator.
Composition and calories
- Phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, calcium, iron - this is a list of the main trace elements in the composition of poultry eggs.
- Amino acids are mainly represented by methionine, glutamine, lysine, cystine, asparagine.
- The presence of vitamin A in eggs ensures improved skin, nails, hair, and vision.
- The functions of B vitamins are to produce energy from carbohydrates, proteins, fats. They also support the vital functions of all systems and organs of the human body.
- Vitamin E, or tocopherol, which is a natural compound, affects the functioning of the genitals. It is a useful component among the remedies to help carry a healthy baby.
- Vitamin D is the healthy development of not only the nervous system, but also the immune, bone and endocrine glands.
In addition to the usual proteins, fats and carbohydrates, which are 12.9, 0.51 and 0.72 g in the egg "kingbird" respectively, it contains 70 g of water, 1.2 g of ash. The caloric value is 43 kcal.
Thanks to such a unique and well-balanced composition of vitamins, amino acids, trace elements, the UN Food Commission has put guinea fowl eggs in the list of products beneficial for human nutrition.
Useful properties of guinea fowl eggs
The guinea fowl egg is useful not only because of what is inside the hard shell, but also because of its shell. Thus, the egg yolk has a decent amount of carotenoids, provitamin A, and protein. The husk is a treasure trove of calcium, which is used in ground powder form.
It is not forbidden for women to eat guinea fowl eggs daily because of their beneficial effects on their health. The skin, hair and nails will get the necessary nutrients and will look healthy. Recipes of folk cosmetics recommend masks with different parts of the egg:
- Protein will help in shrinking pores.
- Yolk will get rid of oily shine, give the skin elasticity and saturate it with the necessary vitamins and trace elements.
- Grinded shells will help the skin in scrubs and wraps to get rid of discarded cells.
Consumption of low-calorie guinea fowl eggs keeps women from overeating, because they provide a state of satiety, which normalizes the body weight.
The rich protein composition of proteins contributes to the appearance of muscle tone. Regular consumption of cesarean eggs is an obstacle to the formation of a network of small blood vessels on the body, reduces the risk of other heart and blood vessel diseases.
Useful substances in eggs prevent the development of inflammatory processes. Diabetics improve the body's response to insulin. The usefulness of the eggs of the "kingbird" is manifested in their ability to prevent the appearance of malignant tumors.
In addition to necessary for the male body protein, the composition of guinea fowl eggs is rich in vitamins that improve potency.
Retinol, pyridoxine, tocopherol, riboflavin, calciferol and pantothenic acid, which are present in the protein and yolk, are necessary for the full functioning of the male reproductive system. According to urologists, daily consumption of a pair of guinea fowl eggs maintains satisfactory quality and quantity of ejaculate.
A man's body is not capable of producing certain types of amino acids that are found in eggs. Insufficient amount of these amino acids can worsen not only the physical form of a man, but also reduce libido. Therefore, the consumption of guinea fowl eggs by men is a guarantee of good health and physical fitness.
Among the different species, the guinea fowl egg is considered the most useful for women during pregnancy. This is due to:
- Its hypoallergenicity, that is, the low probability of an allergic reaction.
- The presence of antibacterial properties in the protein.
- The presence in the yolk of many vitamins, with a predominance of carotenoids.
- The lack of risk of penetration of bacteria causing salmonellosis and leukemia in the egg.
Cesar eggs are important for the body of a pregnant woman. Their beneficial substances are necessary during the period of fetal formation.
African chicken eggs are recommended for women during breastfeeding due to the presence of many components necessary for mother and baby's body. Hypoallergenicity of the product is another big plus.
The presence of vitamins, amino acids, trace elements and antioxidants in guinea fowl eggs makes them an important product in the diet of children.
Regular consumption of the product:
- strengthens the child's skeleton;
- Establishes the work of the thyroid gland, liver and kidneys;
- beneficial effects on brain function, strengthening memory;
- Improves the digestive process.
For weight loss.
Guinea fowl eggs can be one of the main universal products if a person suffers from excessive weight. They are so low in fat and calories that eating them does not lead to an increase in extra pounds, but on the contrary - causes a feeling of satiety. The digestibility is almost 100% - this is the main advantage of the eggs of the "kingbird" as a dietary product.
Two eggs of this bird is enough to saturate a healthy human body with the necessary amount of protein and minimal - fat.
One of the features of African chicken eggs is the absence of cholesterol, so they are very useful for children and the elderly.
The shells of guinea fowl eggs: properties and application
The peculiarity of guinea fowl eggs is the usefulness of not only its internal content, that is, the white and yolk, but also the shell. Its consumption in powdered form can serve various purposes: replenishing the lack of calcium in the body, strengthening the skeleton and nervous system, treatment of avitaminosis.
Iron, molybdenum, sulfur, phosphorus, zinc, silicon - the presence of these trace elements in the shells makes it a universal supplier of useful substances necessary for its functioning.
In order for the shell of the "king bird" to acquire medicinal qualities and not to cause any harm, it must be cleaned from cooked and chilled eggs. Then boil twice for at least 5 minutes. You can limit yourself to one, but longer boiling of the shells, at least 7 minutes. Grinded in a mortar or grinded in a coffee grinder shells are considered ready for use. The daily use of one teaspoon of powder with water will not only replenish the calcium content in the body, but also strengthen bones, skin and hair.
African chicken shells are organic calcium. By consuming the powder of ground shells, a person carries out discreet preventive work to reduce the likelihood of osteoporosis or other skeletal diseases.
Compared to synthetic calcium, the calcium contained in shells is completely recyclable. However, excessive consumption of ground eggshells can have the opposite effect. Therefore, the recommendations of experts and breaks between intakes of such a remedy are mandatory.
Caesar eggs in medicine
- The medicinal properties of guinea fowl eggs have been known to experts in the field of medicine for a long time. The presence of predominant, compared to many substances, iron in them makes the product useful for treating anemia.
- Lack of vitamins can be made up for by regular, but not excessive, inclusion of this product in the diet. Stress, loss of energy and disorders of the nervous system is one of the reasons for using in the recommended doses of guinea fowl eggs.
- The stomach and digestive organs will normalize their work, if the body receives a sufficient amount of vitamins, amino acids, and trace elements.
- Failure to get the desired body shape is often caused by disorders related to metabolism in the body. Guinea fowl eggs are one of those products that will play a positive role in restoring metabolic functions and getting rid of unwanted weight.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding, the postoperative period is associated with the need to restore physical strength and balance of nutrients in the body. At this time you should not neglect the advice of experts, recommending to include African chicken eggs in the diet.
Baby food, according to dietitians and pediatricians, should be supplemented with this product, which has a whole treasure trove of necessary nutrients for the child. Therapeutic effect on the body can feel any person who includes in his daily diet a couple of cesar eggs.
The use of guinea fowl eggs in cosmetology
The beauty industry is also interested in the use of guinea fowl eggs. On its basis prepare cosmetics or combine them with others, because they reduce or completely eliminate the allergic reaction of one or another cosmetic preparation.
- African bird eggs can be the basis for cleansing and moisturizing body and hair masks, scrubs and wraps even at home. The husk of this product in a scrub will give freshness to the skin. It is enough to add the powder obtained after grinding in a coffee grinder to some gel for washing or showering. For a more effective result, the gel can be replaced by a cream. Only such a gel is not recommended to apply to the area around the eyes, where the skin is more delicate - it can get damaged even from the microparticles of eggshells.
- A mask of cesar egg yolk and oatmeal will help to get rid of oily shine of the facial skin.
- To get firmer skin, you can use whipped yogurt with a guinea fowl egg and two drops of pharmacy tocopherol, that is vitamin E. 20 minutes of the mixture under the food film will make the skin more elastic.
- Egg mask with onions will help strengthen the hair. It should be rinsed only with cold water. If you use warm water, the squirrels will stick to your hair.
Harm and contraindications
- The usefulness of cesar eggs comes to naught if abused.
- Because of their excessive nutritional value, there is a danger of negative effects of the product on the unhealthy kidneys and liver.
- It is strictly forbidden to use the product if you are hypersensitive to eggs.
How to choose and store guinea fowl eggs
- When selecting, the appearance is taken into account: the absence of cracks and rattling sound when shaking.
- It is not bad to have information about the diet of birds: feeding the guinea fowl with natural products improves the quality and taste of the eggs.
- In addition, it is important to pay attention to the shape. The correct shape of "kingbird" eggs is pear-shaped, the color is light to dark brown.
- A strong shell is its integrity after tapping a pair of eggs against each other.
The guinea fowl eggs can be stored for up to 6 months. A strong and thick shell plays a role in this. Such a long shelf life is ensured at a temperature of 0-10°C. The storage time of eggs at 15-18°C is reduced to two months. Even a car can become a place for storing African hen eggs for up to 28 days. Travelers, truckers, fishermen, hunters prefer to take this product on trips and outings.
If there is a need to preserve the eggs for a long time, you need to use the method of greasing the shells with melted fat or paraffin.
In a cardboard box with the sharp end down and covered with grain or salt, the goat eggs can also be stored for longer than the above mentioned periods in the cellar at a temperature not exceeding 15°C.
It is not recommended to freeze the product - it will lose its properties.
How to boil guinea fowl eggs
This product takes longer to boil than chicken eggs because of the thick and dense shell. The "hard-boiled" state for guinea fowl eggs will come in 10-11 minutes, and "soft-boiled" - 3-4 minutes.
Is it possible to eat raw
The egg in raw form is fully absorbed by the body in the morning hours, that is, in the first half of the day. In this case, the quantitative norms of consumption are the same - no more than two. A man gets much more benefits from raw eggs than from boiled or fried.
Interesting facts about the guinea fowl
- The field of application of guinea fowl eggs is extensive. It is cooking, medicine, cosmetology. So, with this product, you can prepare salads, appetizers, pastries, desserts. The color of dishes will be brighter due to the brightness of the yolk.
- Fresh or soft-boiled eggs are more useful to the body than hard-boiled eggs.
- Cosmetology uses the outer shell of a guinea fowl egg and its inner content.
- The guinea fowl is more common than turkeys and chickens in the United States. That's why guinea fowl eggs are cheaper and more accessible there than, for example, in Russia.
- The bird responds to the owners who care for it with trust. But strangers or animals will not be able to pass by unnoticed because of their loud and shrieking sound.
- The guinea fowl can help control pests, such as Colorado potato beetles, by eating them.
- The guinea fowl is a gregarious bird, living in a group of 20 to 30 individuals. Therefore, being alone, it screams very loudly. The bird's unrestrained cry is a proof of its special superiority over other representatives of birds.
- To catch a guinea fowl, it is necessary to use a special blanket or net. It can sacrifice its wing feathers or tail and escape if it is grabbed by them. You can hold it by its wings or paws.
- They are not fond of flying. Geesefowl mostly move by foot, but are quite good at running in case of danger.
- The hens are not very "responsible" brooders due to their shyness, so the chicks are usually hatched with the help of a hatchery.
- Feathers of any species of this bird are used for making jewelry. Few people know that the source material for false eyelashes is the feathers of a guinea fowl. Manicure service also uses the feathers of a guinea fowl.
The guinea fowl is an amazing bird in every way. This is a delicate plumage, and interesting behavior, and unusually rich content of valuable substances in the meat and eggs, which are listed as useful products for humans.
«Important: All information on this site is provided solely for introductory for your own health. Check with your health care professional before applying any recommendations. health care professional before applying any of the recommendations. Neither the editors nor the authors shall be liable for any possible harm caused by materials."