How to make "Plombière" cream for a cake: 11 Recipes
Plombir cream is gaining in popularity. The reasons for this - versatility, excellent taste, ease of execution. The product includes available ingredients that can be bought in any grocery store.
- Cream "Plombir": what is it and what is it used for?
- What is used to make a classic cream
- What you can replace the main components
- 11 recipes for cake smoothing cream "Plombière"
- Custard cream with sour cream
- Cream "Plombir" with milk and corn starch
- Corn starch cream recipe
- Cream filling for sponge cake on cream
- Easy recipe for "Plombir" cream without cream
- Chocolate Cream "Plombir"
- Cream plombière for "Napoleon" cake
- We make cream-cream "Milk Girl" cake
- Mascarpone cream for a cake
- Recipe for cream and condensed milk
- Bisque cream for cupcakes
- How to properly whip cream for cream?
- How to avoid sticking the custard base?
- Why is the cream cracked on the cake?
- What to do if the cream is liquid?
- Why does the cream filling splits?
- How to properly store the finished product?
Cream "Plombir": what is it and what is it used for?
If you want to surprise your guests with an unusual taste and perfect appearance of the cake, prepare a dense, airy "Plombir" for baking. Sweet elastic mass is used for layering cakes, smoothing, covering cakes, cupcakes. The delicate product with a creamy taste is used to fill éclairs, homemade croissants, gingerbread, and waffle tubes.
Despite its stability, the cream does not hold its shape at high temperatures, begins to melt because of the butter in its composition. It is not recommended to transport in summer in vehicles, to use for summer events in the open air.
What is the classic custard made of?
The classic dense cream with the taste of thawed ice cream consists of the following components:
- butter from 82.5% fat, which can not be replaced with margarine, spread;
- sour cream with a fat content of 30% or more;
- finely granulated sugar;
It takes 20 minutes to prepare the product and a quarter of an hour to stabilize.
First the custard is prepared. All ingredients except butter are mixed, boiled in a water bath until thickened, stirring continuously. Then the butter is beaten until fluffy, and the cooled custard is added in portions. The result is a dense, thick mass that holds its shape well.
What you can substitute the basic ingredients with
If the recipe calls for natural cream, vegetable cream, cottage cheese, condensed milk or sour cream can be used instead.
To make the fat content of the latter analog approached to the original, the 25% product is suspended in a gauze bag overnight, to drain excess whey.
Whole milk is not necessary. Dried and condensed milk is quite a substitute for it.
11 recipes for Cream "Plombière" to flatten cakes
Plombière flavored cream smooths cakes perfectly, holds its shape, doesn't flake, and doesn't melt at room temperature. If you plan to keep baked goods out of the refrigerator for an extended period of time, use these recipes.
Custard cream with sour cream
Dense cream with a silky texture is suitable for working with any pastry, costs less due to the lack of cream in the composition.
- 350 g sour cream 25% fat;
- 250 g butter;
- 2 tbsp flour;
- 130 g of sugar;
- 2 eggs;
- 10 g vanilla sugar.
How to make:
- Take the butter out of the refrigerator beforehand. Sift the flour.
- Combine the eggs with the sour cream, flour, two sugars in a saucepan. Stir and place in water bath.
- Cook, stirring, until thickened, 8 minutes.
- Beat in butter with a mixer.
- Reduce the speed of the mixer and add the custard, a spoonful at a time, without stopping to whisk.
- Place the custard in the refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes.
Tip! To get the right consistency, add the custard base in batches to the whipped butter, not the other way around.
Custard with Milk and Corn Starch
Corn starch makes the sweet mixture more delicate, airy.
- 4 eggs;
- 100 g butter;
- 90 g sugar;
- 3 tbsp. starch;
- 1,5 tbsp. fat milk.
- Heat the milk. Separate the whites from the yolks.
- Combine the starch, sugar, and yolks in a bowl and beat with a mixer.
- Pour in warm milk, whisk again until frothy.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Once cooled, add butter to the contents of the dish, whisk until fluffy.
Decorate, smooth the sweet airy mass of desserts, serve with ice cream.
Cream with cornmeal recipe
Even a novice cook can make a fluffy buttercream.
Ingredients for 6 servings:
- 230 g of butter;
- 250 ml of milk;
- 100 gr sugar;
- 2 eggs;
- 3 tbsp. corn flour;
- 2 grams of salt, vanillin.
- Beat with a whisk in a bowl the eggs with sugar, salt. Add 100 ml. of cold milk, add the flour, mix until there are no lumps.
- Put the saucepan with the remaining milk on the stove. After boiling, reduce the heat to low, pour in a thin stream of egg and flour mixture. Continue to cook until thickened, stirring continuously.
- Pour the contents of the saucepan into another bowl and cool. Whisk the soft butter with the vanilla. In batches add the custard mixture to it, continuing to whisk at medium speed with the mixer.
The cream can not only line cakes, but also serve it in cremains as a stand-alone dessert, garnished with fresh berries.
Plombière cream for sponge cake and cream
To make a delicious dessert with whipped cream, prepare the products:
- 250 ml of heavy cream (from 30%);
- 180 g of sugar;
- 0,4 l of milk;
- 3 tbsp. corn starch;
- 1 egg;
- 100g butter.
How to prepare:
- Put the pot with the milk on the stove. Bring to a boil.
- Combine in a bowl the egg with the sugar, starch, stir until homogeneous.
- Pour in the hot milk, stirring continuously.
- Pour into a saucepan and place on the stove. Cook until thickened over low heat.
- Remove the pot with its contents from the stove, add butter. Stir thoroughly, and leave to cool.
- Whisk the cooled cream, gradually increasing the speed of the mixer.
- Once the stiff peaks are obtained, add the custard part in small portions, continuing to work with the mixer.
Tip! To make the cream mass more tender and smooth, introduce powdered sugar instead of sugar in the recipe.
A simple recipe for cream "Plombir" without cream
If you replace the cream with sour cream, the product will be lighter, less sweet.
Set of products:
- 250 g butter;
- 350 grams of sour cream;
- 2 eggs;
- 2 tablespoons flour;
- 100g sugar.
Method of preparation:
- Combine in a saucepan, whisk eggs with sugar, millet through a sieve flour.
- Add sour cream, stir together. Put the container on a water bath.
- After the water boils, whisk the cream for seven minutes.
- Remove the saucepan with the thickened mass from the stove.
- Beat the soft butter with a mixer. In portions add the cream, beating it thoroughly.
Your tip! The cream will be more fluffy if you use fresh homemade or farm eggs.
Chocolate Cream "Plombir"
The flavor of the product made so the recipe resembles a chocolate plombière.
- one egg;
- 80g butter;
- 300 g sour cream;
- 2 tbsp. flour;
- 2.5 tbsp. cocoa powder;
- 3 tbsp. sugar.
How to prepare:
- Put eggs, sour cream, sugar in a cauldron. Whisk with a whisk.
- Pour in the flour, cocoa, stir to make sure there are no lumps.
- Heat the chocolate mixture on low heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring all the time.
- When the cream has reached the desired thickness, remove the cauldron from the stove.
- Stir the butter into the contents of the container, cover with cling film and leave to cool for half an hour.
If you like a sweeter cream, increase the amount of sugar and do not forget to add flour, otherwise the "Plombir" on sour cream will turn out liquid.
Napoleon Cake Cream Cream
To make a sweet elastic mass for the layers of the cakes, the coating "Napoleon", prepare the products:
- 100 g of butter:
- 250 ml of 33 percent cream;
- 60g each of corn starch, wheat flour;
- 1 l of milk;
- 5 eggs;
- pinch of salt.
- Put a pot of milk on the stove. Bring to a boil.
- Mix in flour, starch, sugar, and salt. Add eggs and beat with a whisk. Pour into a saucepan.
- Pour in milk in a trickle and stir.
- Place on low heat. While stirring, bring to a point where it thickens.
- When bubbles appear on the surface add butter.
- Place the cream in a bowl and leave to cool.
- Whisk the cooled cream until stiff and creamy.
- Pour them into the brewed mass with the butter in batches, whipping each time until a homogeneous consistency is obtained.
- Before using as directed, leave the cream to cool for a couple of hours.
Lifefact! To make the butter soft by the time it's ready, take the product out of the refrigerator at least 2 hours in advance.
Making Milk Girl Cake Cream Cake
"Milk Girl" is an easy-to-make sponge cake, the crusts of which are soaked in cream flavored ice cream.
Ingredients for "Dairy Girl":
- 0.5 liters of cream with a 33% fat content;
- 0.4 l of milk;
- 3 tbsp. starch;
- 100g of butter;
- 1 egg;
- 180 gr sugar.
How to prepare:
- Pour the milk into a saucepan. Bring to the boil.
- In a bowl, combine, beat with a mixer until homogeneous structure of the egg, starch, sugar. Pour in a thin stream of milk without turning off the whisk.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add butter to the thick mixture without lumps, stir, and cool.
- Whip the cream into a firm froth.
- Gradually add the custard base, beating each portion at a low speed of the mixer.
If the cream seems thin to you, do not hurry to thicken the sweet mass with flour or starch. You can judge the consistency of the product after it has cooled in the fridge for an hour.
Mascarpone Cake Cream
To prepare 10 servings of "Plombiram" with cheese prepare:
- 350 g of mascarpone;
- 0,5 l of milk;
- 40 eggs;
- 130g sugar;
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence;
- 1,5 tbsp. flour.
How to prepare:
- Separate yolks, combine with sugar, flour in a bowl. Stir with a whisk.
- Bring milk to a boil, pour hot into the yolk mixture.
- Return the liquid composition to the saucepan, place on the stove. Heat, stirring, until the first bubbles appear.
- Cool the mixture, add the essence and the cheese. Mix until homogeneous, place in the refrigerator, covering the container with clingfilm to prevent the surface of the crust from drying out.
Cream and condensed milk recipe
The original "Plombir" can be made with condensed milk.
A set of products:
- 200 g each of fresh whole milk and condensed milk;
- 2 tablespoons of flour;
- 100 g of butter.
- In a saucepan combine sugar, flour. Pour the milk, stir.
- Put the container on the stove, cook over low heat until it thickens, stirring constantly.
- When the milk mixture has cooled, pour in the condensed milk and stir.
- Add the soft butter and whisk until fluffy.
Did you know that because of the yolks and butter, the cream turns yellowish instead of white? If this fact does not matter much when making colored cakes or cupcakes, on a wedding cake the product will be inappropriate.
Cake cream for cupcakes
Another recipe for cream and sour cream, suitable for decorating cupcakes.
- 2 eggs;
- 190 g sugar;
- 270 g butter;
- 0.5 kg of sour cream;
- 50 g flour;
- pinch of vanilla.
How to make:
- Mix in a saucepan the eggs with the sour cream, flour, vanilla.
- Place the container on a water bath. Heat mixture, stirring, until thickened.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Beat the butter with a mixer. Stir the product into the cooled base. Whisk once more.
Place the cream in the refrigerator to stabilize for 1 to 2 hours, then proceed to decorate the cupcakes.
Most questions from amateur cooks are related to the nuances of preparing the cream, possible options for correcting mistakes made.
How to properly whip cream?
The necessary consistency for the cream depends primarily on the quality of the cream. If they contain emulsifiers, thickeners, palm oil, it is better to refuse such a product.
Whip chilled fresh cream with 33-38% fat content. Before working, put the bowl, tools in the freezer for 20 minutes.
Start with low speed, gradually increasing the speed. As soon as a stable foam forms, turn off the device.
To check the readiness of the product, tilt the container. If the liquid does not drip down the walls, then you have acted correctly.
When beating with a mixer takes 3 minutes, with a whisk - 10 minutes.
How to avoid the sticking of the custard base?
Even slightly burnt products spoil the creamy taste of "Plombira".
To avoid this, choose a saucepan with a thick bottom. Stir the products continuously, heating over low heat.
Why is the cream cracked on the cake?
There are several reasons for the cracking of the cream on the cake:
- Unsoaked and not ripened sponge cake.
- Violation of the technology of cooking, resulting in a liquid or not enough elastic cream.
- Placing the pastry unpackaged in a refrigerator with no frosting function, where all products, including the "Plombière" on the cake, dry out.
The cream can crack if it is applied in a thin or too thick layer. In the first case, it dries out, in the second case, the cakes can not withstand a large amount of decoration and crack, deforming the cream.
What to do if the cream is liquid?
If after an hour of cooling in the refrigerator, the cream has not thickened, the consistency of the product can be corrected by adding a couple of teaspoons of starch. To distribute it evenly, whip the cream for one minute on the minimum speed of the mixer, then 4 minutes at maximum speed.
Why does the cream curd loosens?
The main reason for the delamination of the product is the connection of the components of the cream of different temperatures. For example, this unpleasantness will happen if you mix whipped butter at room temperature with the uncooked custard base.
Another factor that disturbs the homogeneity of the structure is that all the butter is beaten into the custard part at once, rather than gradually adding the product in small portions.
Also stratified cream is over-frozen or not the first freshness, not enough or too much whipped cream.
How to store the finished product correctly?
Cream can be stored at room temperature for up to six hours, on the refrigerator shelf in a container covered with clingfilm for up to a week. In a domestic freezer the product does not lose its consumer properties for two weeks.
If you like to experiment and please your family and friends with new culinary masterpieces, be sure to prepare a cream "Plombir". Its delicate creamy taste will satisfy the most demanding gourmets.
«Important: All information on this site is provided solely for informational purposes purposes. Consult with your health care professional before applying any recommendations. specialist before using the recommendations. Neither the editors nor the authors shall be liable for any possible harm caused by materials."