Red ashberry: useful properties and contraindications
The rowan tree can be found everywhere. It is easy to recognize it by the collected in bunches of small bright red-orange berries, similar to elaborately made beads. This tree looks very smart and festive. However, people not only admire its beauty, but also use its fruits if they need to be treated for various diseases.
- Composition and calories
- Useful properties of red rowan
- For women
- For men
- For Pregnancy
- For breastfeeding
- For children
- Red ashberry preserves
- Decoction and Infusion
- Dried Rowan
- Red rowanberry application in folk medicine
- Red Rowan in Cosmetology
- For Face
- For Hair
- Harm and Contraindications
- When to harvest and how to store
- How to Dry
- What can be cooked from the red rowanberry: Recipes
- Candied fruits
- Can we give red rowanberries to chickens?
- Can I give red rowan to parrots?
- Interesting Facts about Red Rowan
Composition and calories
As a medicinal remedy, the common mountain ash is used. The berries with juicy pulp and leaves have medicinal properties.
The composition of the plant is rich in useful substances. First of all, these are:
- Phytoncides. They are classified as plant antibiotics. Like many plants useful for humans, rowan contains phytoncides, which save the tree itself from various pathogenic microbes and play a hygienic role, cleansing the biosphere. It is enough to drink a rowan decoction to kill many bacteria in the body. Medics widely use the possibilities of this substance in the treatment of inflammatory processes. Phytoncides promote rapid recovery, lower high fever, treat ENT diseases, intestinal atony, and atherosclerosis.
- Ascorbic acid. First of all, it is a very strong antioxidant. Vitamin C increases defenses, restores tissue and adrenal function. The body needs it so that collagen can be formed and healing processes can occur quickly. This vitamin also plays a role in the production of anti-stress hormones.
- Vitamin K. With its participation, prothrombin is formed in the liver, which is necessary for normal blood clotting processes. If there is a deficiency of this substance, liver disease, hemorrhagic diathesis can develop.
- Vitamin E. It belongs to the category of antioxidants. Its presence in the body is necessary as a preventive measure against tumors and vascular diseases. This vitamin also regenerates tissue, can prevent the development of cataracts, and lowers blood pressure.
- Folic acid. It participates in the formation of red blood cells and in the production of enzymes. Without its participation, protein metabolism cannot take place. It is believed that this is essential food for the brain. It helps relieve anxiety and depression.
- Riboflavin. With the help of this B vitamin, it is much easier for the body's tissues to absorb oxygen. The vitamin is involved in the formation of red blood cells, helps assimilate proteins and fats, and carry out cellular respiration.
- Thiamine. This substance is involved in the production of hydrochloric acid and cellular respiration, helps with carbohydrate and water metabolism, produces antibodies. If the body feels its lack, it begins nervous and chronic intestinal disorders, thyroid dysfunction, the development of diabetes.
- Carotene. Contributes to normal life cells of the epithelium of the skin and upper respiratory tract, affects the digestive system, urinary tract, helps restore vision.
- Dietary fiber. Studies by scientists have proven that if these substances enter the human body, it reduces the risk of colon cancer by more than 30 percent.
- Manganese. Every day the body should receive at least 5 mg of this element, otherwise many metabolic processes and activate the functions of many enzymes will not work. It is especially needed in the work of the musculoskeletal and nervous systems. Doctors say that manganese has a preventive effect if carbohydrate or lipid metabolism is disturbed, or if thyroid gland pathology is detected. Those who are over 50 years old should remember that at this age, this trace element is absorbed much worse.
- Magnesium. Reduces blood pressure and takes an important part in phosphorus metabolism. It should enter the body together with calcium, which is provided by red mountain ash.
- Potassium. Helps regulate the rhythm of the heart, prevents cardiovascular failure, especially if the patient takes diuretics. Also, this trace element is involved in those processes that ensure the conduct of nerve impulses, regulate the alkaline balance of the blood and tissue fluids. Potassium is needed so that a person can make muscle contractions and make nerve impulses.
- Iron. This element is found in hemoglobin and myoglobin, which transmit oxygen to cells and take away carbon dioxide from them. But it is also an essential part of catalyst enzymes that carry out redox reactions.
- Phosphorus. Every day a person should saturate his body with products containing this element, because it is a part of bone tissue. But also phosphorus is important for energy metabolism and metabolic reactions, without it cell division is impossible.
- Copper. It is a component of many enzymes, so it is indispensable for a large number of metabolic reactions. Especially need this component, if you have problems with joints or tendency to inflammatory diseases. But be sure that along with copper in the body must be present zinc and iron. Red mountain ash supplies the human body with all of these components.
- Zinc. The trace element forms the immune system and is a part of many enzymes that carry out metabolic processes, helps to implement the biological effects of vitamin A and folic acid. If this component is lacking in the body, many pathologies develop. First of all, zinc deficiency leads to a significant decrease in immunity, poor thymus gland function, tumor growth, infertility. Hair growth is disturbed, white spots appear on the nails, and sexual activity is reduced.
- Calcium. Bone tissue consists mainly of calcium. This trace element helps with blood clotting, releases radionuclides and salts of heavy metals. With the help of calcium a person can get rid of depression and stressful situations, weaken the allergic state. Regulates the permeability of cell membranes.
- Bitterness. These substances maintain the secretion of digestive glands, help better digestion of food, do not allow the body to experience oxygen starvation, reduce in adverse areas the effects of the damaging properties of radiation.
- Pectins. Important for good intestinal function, as they remove excessive fermentation of carbohydrates, removing excessive gas.
Useful properties of red mountain ash
If a woman dreams of conceiving a child, physicians advise consuming products with a high content of ascorbic acid. The red mountain ash contains a high percentage of this vitamin. Not only fruits, but also leaves help to stop uterine bleeding. Used in such cases, and fresh juice of berries. Due to the presence of magnesium in the red rowan, women who use this plant for medicinal purposes more easily endure the restructuring of the body during menopause. At this time, the production of estrogen decreases sharply, but rowanberry helps the body produce these hormones, reducing hot flashes.
Healthy and strong offspring largely depends on the man. But he himself must be healthy, and for this he needs vitamins and nutrients. Available in rowan vitamins, calcium and zinc will help conceive healthy offspring. After 50 years, many men feel a malaise. Therefore, it is desirable to include red rowan drinks in the diet to maintain health. The mountain ash contains a lot of phosphorus, which is very beneficial for libido, as well as the presence of such an element as manganese.
Most pregnant women suffer from toxicosis. To reduce the attacks of nausea, you need to use red rowan berries. The recipe is quite simple: you should chew a few tart berries during the attack, seasoning them with a small amount of honey. Such a remedy blocks the gag reflex, and also saturates a woman's body, weakened in this period, with the necessary amount of trace elements and vitamins.
The mountain ash contains a large amount of iron, and its deficiency during the period of childbirth can cause anemia. The presence of vitamin C strengthens the body and reduces the possibility of premature birth. And the presence of folic acid in rowan regulates embryonic and germinal development of nerve cells.
All the useful substances that come to a woman from the red rowan are transferred with the breast milk to the baby. But, like other products, rowan can cause fermentation in the intestines of the infant or a rash on the skin. If, however, after taking red rowan as a drink or a treat, nothing bothers the child - it means that mom's food was digested well.
Red mountain ash is a source of many micronutrients, which are necessary for the growing children's body. For example, the presence of zinc in it contributes to normal growth and formation of blood cells, sexual development and functioning without abnormalities of the immune system. During the school period, many children, especially this manifests itself in the spring, become lethargic and absent-minded, their academic performance begins to decline. This is due to the so-called syndrome caused by chronic fatigue. The fault for this is the lack of a proper amount of vitamins and trace elements. Therefore, an infusion, tea or decoction prepared on the basis of red rowan will help to restore the protective barrier, resist inflammatory processes and make the metabolic processes of the child's body more active, remove the danger of stressful situations.
When losing weight.
It is useful to use a vitamin-rich rowan during this period. To do this, prepare this drink: brew a teaspoon of berries in 100 ml of boiling water and add a tablespoon of honey. When the drink cools to room temperature, drink two hours before meals. The stomach must be empty. The same dose should be drunk before going to bed, two hours, and then do not eat anything. Such a course lasts 14 days.
Rowan helps during weight loss to be cleansed of toxins. To do this, squeeze the juice from its berries and take 20-50 ml before meals.
The benefits of making preserves of red rowan
Preserves from the fruits of the mountain ash will be useful for the whole family. This medicinal plant acts as a mild laxative and diuretic, stops bleeding and normalizes metabolic processes. Also need rowan for vitamin deficiency, rheumatism, atherosclerosis, kidney and bladder problems.
The juice obtained from fresh rowan berries has healing properties, because it contains natural nutrients, and they are present both in the pulp and in the grains. It is an excellent remedy for strengthening the immune system, regulating cell function in the fight against warts: just crushed berries for several weeks to rub the affected places. It is mainly prepared to get rid of reduced acidity of gastric juice, bruises and injuries.
Tea made from red mountain ash is a tonic drink. It invigorates and energizes, boosts performance and refreshes. It is a natural source of manganese and zinc, which enter the enzyme systems of the body and increase immunity and make the physiological functions work perfectly. The vitamins in rowan tea contribute to better mental performance and help cope with physical exertion.
Decoction and Infusion
You can prepare decoctions or infusions from rowan berries. They are almost the same, but unlike decoctions, infusions are made from crushed berries or leaves. Usually rowan decoctions and infusions are used in the cold season, because they cause a rush of blood to the heart and head. As restorative medicines, they help after severe illnesses, grueling physical labor and mental activity.
Rowan jam does not lose the beneficial effects of its substances on the body. It is a good defense of the human immune system, stimulates the production of interferon during an inflammatory process. During illness, rowanberry jam will help reduce the fever, get rid of intoxication.
This drink removes toxins from the body, increases appetite, eliminates intestinal cramps. Periodically drinking rowan compote, you can get rid of chronic fatigue, ensuring yourself a good mood.
Such an alcoholic remedy is prepared for long storage, and folk healers say that rowan tincture is only beneficial. It prevents atherosclerosis, prevents the development of mold fungi and staphylococcus, increases the production of digestive enzymes.
This rowan can be used as a medicinal remedy or used in cooking. It retains all the qualities of the fresh fruit and keeps much longer. From dried fruits you can make many drinks, such as tincture for hemorrhoids or fever, saturating the body with a vitamin complex.
The uses of red mountain ash in folk medicine
Herbalists use red mountain ash very widely, especially if they are approached for help with such problems as pathologies of the heart system, liver, exhaustion, diabetes, cholelithiasis, salt diathesis. With the help of red rowan treat intestinal atony, dysentery, thrombophlebitis, diarrhea, constipation in children.
When anemia, asthenia or the need to saturate the body with vitamins use these recipes:
- For 1 kg of berries take 1.5 kg of sugar, mix the components, rub the berries with sugar. Such a tasty medicine should be eaten in 15 ml from 3 to 5 times a day.
- Fruit - 1 tablespoon - lightly mash and boil in 250 ml of water. Time - 5 minutes. Infuse for 4 hours. Take 80 ml three times a day.
Kidney stone disease can be treated with red mountain ash: prepare a decoction for which to take 60 g of mountain ash fruit and 40 g of horse sorrel roots. For this proportion take 500 ml of boiling water. Take the medicinal mixture should be 2-3 glasses a day.
If you need a vitamin, tonic, diuretic or laxative, folk healers offer these options:
- A tablespoon of fruit brewed 1.5 cups boiling water and insist in a closed container. Drink twice a day for half a cup.
- Dry rowan berries - two tablespoons - put in a thermos and add 500 ml of just boiling water. Insist two hours, drink 100 ml three times a day. Very useful for a weakened immune system, add to this broth a teaspoon each of berries and black currant leaves. You can also add rose hips, then all the ingredients should be in equal proportions.
You can get rid of kidney stones if you use this recipe: take 500 g of fruit and 50 g of sugar, put it in a container and boil over low heat until you get a mush. Each day several times to eat no more than a dessert spoon.
If a patient has gastritis, you will need this medicine: squeeze the juice of fresh fruit or boil it together with sugar and consume 5 ml, but necessarily 30 minutes before eating.
To increase the body's defenses and fill it with vitamins, use healthy drinks. Recipe: roll with a rolling pin dried berries of rose hips and rowanberries, put in a glass or porcelain container and pour honey. The berries should be completely covered. Such an unusual, but filled with useful substances honey can be added to tea, to drink both in the morning and in the evening.
A lot of people suffer from varicose veins. To alleviate their condition, several recipes have been created using rowan berries:
- Grind the berries - 2 tablespoons, add to them 400 ml of hot water, put on a very slow fire and bring gradually to a boil for 15-20 minutes. You can add here the bark of oak, white willow - will be much more effective. This mixture is used for foot baths, but only up to the knees.
- Rowan berries and hazel leaves, two tablespoons each, brewed in a liter of boiling water and insist under a closed lid for two hours. It is convenient to use a thermos. The resulting remedy to take 200 ml twice a day before meals.
If the veins are not only inflamed, but also formed blood clots, folk healers have these recipes:
- Make a drink from a tablespoon of crushed berries, which have been infused for 1-2 hours in a glass of boiling water. This dose to drink in one day, and in small sips.
- Mix crushed rowan berries and rosehips - 10 grams each, boil in 500 ml of water. When the mixture cools a little, add a little honey.
To reduce sugar levels, there are such recipes:
- Rowan berries - a tablespoon, bay leaves - 5 pieces - mix and brew in 300 ml of boiling water. This remedy insists for a long time - for a day. The container should be well wrapped and tightly closed. Drink warm, be sure to strain. The dose is 100 ml three times a day before meals. Usually the course of such treatment is from 3 to 6 days.
- Crushed rowan berries - 2 tablespoons - and the same amount of leaves or bark (you can also use leaves, but the effect will be reduced) of mulberry, also crushed, pour 600 ml of boiling water, very steep, and leave to infuse. In three hours the remedy will be ready. Drink it 3-4 times a day.
If fungal diseases have appeared, eczema bothers, it is also possible to get rid of them with red rowan: the leafy part of the tree should be well crushed to make the juice, and apply it to painful areas of the skin.
With frequent headaches and difficulty falling asleep you can use this simple remedy: every day eat at least 10 berries just before dinner.
Red rowanberry in cosmetology
The red mountain ash has shown its efficiency in cosmetology.
Most of the reasons for the deterioration of the skin are not enough vitamins and minerals. To improve the blood supply to the skin, maintain elasticity and hydration, you can use recipes based on red mountain ash, which is rich in useful substances.
- A very effective remedy for the face is considered to be the juice of the mountain ash. To get it, you need to crush the fruit, squeeze the juice, dilute with a little mineral water and wipe the skin with a cotton swab, abundantly moistened with the mixture.
- A cleansing mask is prepared by mixing 50 g of rowanberries and 50 g of carrot puree. Apply for 10 minutes.
- Boil and mash potatoes. Squeeze out the juice of the rowan berries and add to the potatoes to make a mush. Apply on your face for 20 minutes. Such a mask is especially useful for fading skin.
The rowan contains vitamins that strengthen the hair and help their growth. Carotene keeps hair soft and supple, B vitamins prevent greasiness and ascorbic acid strengthens hair follicles.
- If split ends, you should mix 100 ml of decoction of mountain ash berries with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Spread the mixture on your hair and wash it off after 30 minutes.
- To revitalize and thicken the hair, 60 minutes before washing your head, you need to rub the decoction into your scalp. Take the ingredients in the ratio: for a quarter cup of berries - a liter of boiling water. You can make the remedy even more useful by adding calendula and hop to the rowan berries.
- Rinse on the basis of the seeds and leaves of fennel and the fruit of the red rowan makes the hair supple and strong. Chop and grind all the components, mix and make a remedy by taking a tablespoon of the mixture per glass of boiling water. For 10 minutes, the remedy is to languish in a water bath, making sure to cover it with a lid.
Harm and contraindications
Rowan is not recommended for those people who have been diagnosed with such diseases as:
- pathologies of the nervous system, as this plant has a stimulating effect;
- Increased acidity of gastric juice;
- Coronary heart disease, suffered a heart attack or stroke;
- Hypotension in a pronounced form;
- Increased blood clotting.
When to pick and how to store
To the collection of berries should be treated responsibly. They should not be collected from trees located near busy highways or near industrial plants. Ideal places - it is your own plot of land, a forest belt, a park area.
Experts advise picking rowan trees in dry weather, best of all, when the morning dew has already disappeared. The container for the collection should be convenient and capacious, preferably it should be a basket.
It is better to pick berries in September, then they can be stored fresh. By this time, the fruits have already ripened, gained vitality and acquired the necessary coloring. But before the bitterness is completely gone from them, which disappears with the arrival of the first frosts. The advantage of picking rowanberries during this period is that they are perfectly preserved for the long term. However, to keep them in good condition, they need to be picked and then hung in bunches in a well-ventilated room.
If you decide to pick in November, when the rowanberries are at their juiciest and most tasty, keep in mind that it is easy to damage the skin of the fruit and that the berries separate from the stalks quickly. In fresh form to keep such a crop is almost impossible, as the juice quickly drains, the fruit will spoil in a short time. That's why they immediately make preserves, which will be useful in winter.
When the berries are dried, they should pour, without tamping, in bags of cloth or heavy paper, cardboard or plywood boxes, glass jars. It is desirable to cover all containers with white food paper. All containers must be closed. Mixing rowan with other medicinal plants during storage is undesirable, especially if they contain essential oils. The place for storage should not be too warm and humid.
The useful substances of dried mountain ash over time begin to break down, so store it for cooking useful remedies should not exceed a year. Make a variety of medicinal decoctions or infusions better every day, and store them in a cold place for no more than two days. The rowan fruits are useful not only in fresh form, but also in dried form.
How to Dry
In order to preserve all the useful and necessary substances for the human body, to procure red mountain ash for the winter should be correct.
First of all, each berry should be checked. All damaged specimens with broken skin should be removed, otherwise they can spoil the rest, and the whole preparation will be in vain.
This medicinal raw material should be dried on racks or on a fabric base made of natural fibers. The location should be away from sunlight, but ventilated, with good ventilation. The best areas are open spaces, sheds, attic. It is convenient to dry berries in an oven with an open lid, in special drying ovens with artificial heating.
Prepared raw material must be placed in a very thin layer, not exceeding 3-4 cm. It should be constantly turned and stirred, otherwise it can go bad. To know that the workpiece is of the right quality, you can take a small part in your hands - they will remain clean, and the raw material will not gather in a single lump.
What can be cooked from red rowan berries: recipes
The berries themselves are very bitter, in fresh form they are not so tasty. But cooks have come up with many recipes, so there have appeared quite a few drinks and sweet dishes, where the rowan berries are necessarily present.
To open rowanberry jam in winter and make the household happy is a real treat. It is very tart and delicious, and can be used as an additive to all sweet dishes. For 1 kg of berries you will need 2 kg of sugar and two glasses of water. First, the berries must be processed, remove the bad ones, separate from branches and leaves. Place clean rowanberries in a container, pour water and boil for 10 minutes. The fire should not be strong. Drain all the water and dry the berries. Then boil a syrup of sugar and water, and then add the berries. Now cook the mass for another 20 minutes. But this is still a semi-finished product. Leave it in a cool place for 8 hours. Next, boil it twice more for 10 minutes, insisting one hour between these processes. For the last time, boil the syrup especially hard. Berries then put into prepared jars and pour the hot syrup.
Making wine from red mountain ash is simple. It is better to use berries touched by the first frosts. For 5 kg of berries you will need: sugar - 2.5 kg, raisins - 50 g and water - 2 liters.
Pour boiling water over the rowan berries. After 20 minutes, drain the water, and pour boiling water over the berries again. Then after the same time to drain. The berries are now very soft, but they need to be thoroughly mashed, you can use a meat grinder, and then squeeze the juice. The resulting mass is placed in a container, pour hot water and leave for 5 hours. Then add here half a portion of sugar and raisins. Now the wine will begin to ferment, which means you need to filter the must and add the remaining sugar. Transfer it to a bottle so that there is an empty space - here over time will accumulate foam and carbon dioxide, close it with a special lid with holes and leave in a dark place. After three months the wine can be tasted.
For rowanberry compote you will need the following ingredients: 250 g of berries, 1 l of boiling water and sugar to taste. Boil everything for 20 minutes. It is desirable that the drink to infuse about an hour.
Make a fragrant nalewka as follows. Mix 1 liter of water and 1 kg of sugar in a saucepan, bring the components to a boil and pour the rowan berries with this syrup. Now, you should wait until the mixture cools to room temperature, and add to it 1 liter of vodka. Insist the drink in a dark place for 20-50 days.
You can prepare a tonic alcoholic tincture. Needed components: rowan berries and vodka. In a glass container to put the fruit, they should fill half of the space, pour the vodka to the brim. Then close the container and leave in a dark place, preferably cool. After two weeks, the infused liquid will acquire a brown color and an unusual specific taste inherent only in rowan. Take a tablespoon of tincture no more than three times a day.
First, carefully sort out the berries and blanch them in boiling water with salt for five minutes. Then, when the berries cool, grind them through a sieve. Many people do this procedure with a meat grinder. Separately, boil a syrup of 400 ml of water and 200 grams of sugar. Mix the mashed rowanberries with the hot syrup, put the mass into jars and sterilize in boiling water for 10 minutes.
For this dish you will need 1 kg of berries that are fully ripe. They pour 400 ml of boiling water and boil until the fruit is completely soft. Now, using gauze in several layers, strain the mixture, squeeze so that all the liquid is gone. There will remain a mass, resembling a puree. Add to it an amount of sugar equal to this mass.
Put the mixture on low heat, stirring all the time, making sure that the jelly does not burn. Not yet cooled, in hot form, transfer the mass to jars and close.
The original taste is distinguished by rowan jam, made with the addition of citrus fruits - orange and lemon. This dessert is also very healing. Ingredients should be taken in the following proportions: 1 kg of rowan berries - one lemon and two oranges. You will need 2 kg of sugar.
Wash the small rowan berries, and then pick them, leaving whole berries with undamaged skin. If they are bitter, it is better to pour water over them and leave for 10-12 hours in the water. Then give time for the berries to dry, and together with the oranges and lemons, put them through a meat grinder. The resulting mass is placed in a container, preferably in an enamel bowl, add sugar, mix thoroughly and put on the fire. Cook on low heat for 40 minutes, stirring necessarily, otherwise the mass can burn. The finished product is spread into prepared sterile jars. When the jam cools, put it in a cool place for storage.
Surprise an unusual sweet sauce from red rowan can any hostess. It is prepared as follows. Put the rowan berries for a few minutes in boiling water and immediately take them out. Together with the bell peppers, which have been previously chopped, put through a meat grinder. Add sugar to the mass and mix. Put the sauce on a low heat, stirring, wait until it boils. You will need 300 grams of berries, 200 grams of pepper and about 150-200 grams of sugar to make the sauce. You can make it sweet or very sweet, depending on the amount.
To make the syrup tasty and healthy, for 1 liter of juice obtained from fresh berries, you need to take 600 g of sugar and boil it. You can also do this: crush the berries and pour boiling water over them. The proportions should be 1 to 2. After the mixture has infused for several hours, it should be strained and diluted with sugar syrup.
This dessert turns out very savory thanks to a bitter aftertaste. For 1 kg of berries weighed 2 kg of sugar. Boil the berries until they become soft, then mash them together with the sugar. This procedure is done quickly and easily due to the soft consistency of berries. Now you should prepare a baking tray. To do this, lay parchment or food foil on it, and then carefully place the rowan mass. Send it to the oven, which should be heated to a temperature not exceeding 75 degrees. When the marshmallow is ready, you should still on the baking tray cut it into the desired pieces, sprinkle it with the prepared powdered sugar. You can make it yourself by grinding ordinary sugar in a coffee grinder. Cut marshmallow put in a glass container or a box with a paper-lined bottom, store it closed.
To prepare this delicious drink, you will need 50 g of berries. First of all, they must be thoroughly crushed, it is better to do this in a mortar. Now move them to a glass or porcelain container and pour 200 ml of boiling water. Close tightly. Open the infused berries after 4 hours, shake well and strain. Preferably add sugar or honey to taste.
For this sweet, it is best to use whole clusters, which are taken apart into small pieces, carefully washed and left to dry. At this time, prepare the sugar syrup. Its recipe is the same as for other candied fruits - nothing special. In the ready syrup pour the sprigs and give them time to cool. Now, put berries aside, and bring the syrup to the boil again to pour the rowanberries. So should be repeated 5-6 times. This is done so that the bunches could be fully soaked in the syrup and take on a dark color. After the last procedure, wait until the berries cool down, and sprinkle them with powdered sugar. Ready candied fruits should be placed in a glass or plastic container.
Is it possible to give chickens red rowan
People who breed chickens in their own backyard, argue that for birds, especially in the difficult autumn-winter period, such food is indispensable. Chickens gladly eat rowan, hawthorn, and buckthorn. But red rowan is mainly preferred by the young, so the owners try to collect as much fruit as possible, dry it and feed it to the poultry.
Is it possible for parrots?
For parrots, the fruit of the mountain ash is a great delicacy. But it is impossible to feed birds with these berries constantly, because the rowan contains a large amount of carotene. This substance, although very useful, but it can accumulate in the body, and birds from its overabundance will begin to get sick.
Interesting facts about the red rowan
- The berries of this tree save birds in the winter cold season. Nature has arranged very wisely: if there is a very fierce cold winter ahead, rowan trees will certainly be strewn with fruits - winter food. And people already know that if there are a lot of berries then it will be a hard winter, if there are few berries then it will not be such a frosty time of year.
- In ancient times, it was believed that rowan sprigs not only serve as decorations, but also bring happiness, love and respect to the house. And most importantly, they protected from evil forces. That is why you could see a rowan tree growing near almost every house.
«Important: All information on this site is provided only for introductory purposes only. Before applying any recommendations, consult a specialist. specialist before using any of the recommendations. Neither the editors nor the authors shall be liable for any possible harm caused by materials."