A dried apricot: calories, useful properties and contraindications
A dried apricot is a very valuable and delicious type of dried fruit. For the manufacture of this product, as a rule, large-fruited varieties of apricots are used.
- What is apricots
- What is the difference between apricots and apricots
- What is more useful: apricots or apricots
- Composition and calories
- What are the benefits of apricots
- General benefits
- For Women
- For Men
- For Pregnancy
- For breastfeeding
- For children
- Is it possible to eat apricots while losing weight
- Gooseberries in medicine
- Diabetes mellitus
- For pancreatitis
- For Intestines
- For constipation
- For gout
- For the liver
- For hemorrhoids
- Pri cholecystitis
- Recipes of folk medicine based on apricots
- For Constipation
- Body Purification
- For a rise in hemoglobin
- For normalization of the heart
- Apricots in cosmetology
- Hazards and Contraindications
- How to choose and where to store dried apricots
- How to make dried apricots at home
- How to eat dried apricots
- Do I wash them before eating?
- How much can be eaten per day
- Can I Eat Away for Goodnight
- Delicious Recipes with Rooits
- Quark Jam
- Can we give animals dried apricots
- Interesting facts about apricots
What are apricots
A apricot is a product obtained by drying halves of apricots, previously cleared of seeds. A dried apricot can be orange, brown or even dark brown. There are different varieties: extra, top, first, table. Extra class is characterized by perfectly pure, large-sized dried fruits, which have medium firmness and hardness, as well as a rich color. It is worth noting that varieties have different flavor qualities depending on the taste of apricots themselves.
To make apricots, apricots are divided into halves, the pips are removed, and then dried. The fruits should be dried in the sun in places that are specially prepared for this purpose. Drying takes about 7-10 days.
What is the difference between apricots and apricots?
Unlike apricots, to get apricots, apricots undergo the process of drying in natural conditions. The fruit is not plucked from the tree until all the moisture comes out of it. This helps the product retain most of the nutrients found in fresh apricots. The resulting product has a rich brown color as opposed to orange apricots.
Which is healthier: apricots or apricots
Since non-natural additives are quite often used to obtain apricots, this product contains fewer useful substances for the body. In addition, apricots are cut into pieces, the integrity of the fruit is violated, so a large number of useful substances are not preserved.
The most useful are considered to be just natural products. For example, fresh apricot fruit is more useful than apricots and apricots. But if we compare apricots with apricots, the first is considered more useful. The fact is that in the process of processing apricot is subjected to less interference, so it is possible to preserve more of the useful properties, which are rich in apricot.
Composition and calories
In 100 grams of the product contains:
- calories - 215 kcal;
- proteins - 5,2 g;
- fats - 0,3 g;
- Carbohydrates - 51,0 g.
A dried apricot is a leader among foods that contain a large amount of potassium, so this product is recommended to be consumed in cases of diseases related to the heart muscle, as well as people who have suffered heart attacks. A apricot also contains vitamins A, B1, B2, C, PP, it is rich in minerals: potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus and sodium. Fiber helps stabilize the gastrointestinal tract and prevents constipation. A dried apricot also helps the body to eliminate toxins, cleanses the liver.
What are the benefits of apricots
- Contains potassium. Dried apricots provide the body with a significant amount of potassium, which is necessary to maintain body functions. For example, building muscle mass is an important function that cannot be performed without potassium.
- Helps increase hemoglobin. When hemoglobin levels are low, the risk of anemia increases. Therefore, it is necessary to follow a well-balanced diet that contains minerals such as copper and iron to stimulate the production of hemoglobin. These minerals can also be obtained from apricots. Including dried fruit in the diet of patients with anemia can improve their condition.
- It contains vitamin K. The vitamin is involved in the blood-clotting process and prevents excessive bleeding. Apricots are an excellent source of vitamin K, so they are highly recommended to be consumed.
- It regulates blood pressure. Apricots contain quite a lot of potassium, so they are suitable as a remedy for lowering high blood pressure. Studies have shown that potassium is beneficial for heart disease only if it comes from natural sources, such as apricots.
- Prevents inflammation. Age-related bone disease, inflammation, arthritis pain and gout deplete the body quite a bit. In such cases, in order to improve the condition, you can include apricots in your diet. It has anti-inflammatory properties and does not harm the body.
- Regular consumption of apricots in food allows you to maintain a good physical shape, helps to burn fat, makes the female figure more slender. A apricot is also a wonderful natural remedy for cleansing the female body and helps to eliminate toxins from the body.
- In addition, the product helps to reduce the level of "bad" cholesterol, reduces the risk of atherosclerosis and stroke.
- For women suffering from constipation, apricots are an excellent assistant in the fight against this problem, as the pectin contained in dried apricots helps to cleanse the bowels in a timely manner.
- This product supports the organs of the reproductive system. Therefore, regular consumption of apricots prevents infertility.
With their high magnesium and potassium content, apricots support heart health and help prevent muscle cramps. Dried apricots are also rich in calcium, which supports bone tissue. It contains a lot of fiber, which normalizes gastrointestinal function. Normalization of intestinal function leads to improved blood circulation in the pelvic organs, which in turn prevents the occurrence of prostatitis and impotence. apricots also helps to cleanse the body of salts of heavy metals.
Due to the high fiber content, dried apricots activate blood circulation in the genitals, so they support the male potency. Normalization of blood circulation in the genital area improves testicular function and has a positive effect on the hormonal background.
During pregnancy, women very often have a craving for various snacks, and apricots are an excellent healthy alternative to fatty and salty products. Pregnant women need to regularly replenish their bodies with iron to avoid developing anemia. Lack of this mineral can negatively affect the fetus. A handful of apricots contains about 15% of the daily norm of iron, as well as large amounts of copper and cobalt.
Dried apricots also contain substances necessary for pregnant women, namely folic acid, potassium, calcium and magnesium. One of the common problems during pregnancy is a disturbance of the processes associated with digestion. A apricot helps to regulate the process and prevents the intestines from slowing down as the baby develops.
Important! The consumption of an excessive amount of apricots can lead to stomach upset, so consume this product in moderation.
It is possible to consume apricots while breastfeeding. The composition of dried fruit contains a lot of useful minerals and vitamins that will help restore the body in the postpartum period. Vitamin C supports a depleted female body, strengthening the immune system and protecting against colds. B vitamins set up metabolic processes, which help a woman to get back into shape.
Apricots also contain vitamin E, thereby restoring the condition of the skin, giving the skin more elasticity. Calcium is involved in strengthening bones and nails, and potassium helps in restoring and maintaining heart function. Magnesium helps women cope with postpartum depression.
You can include apricots in your diet at 3-4 months after childbirth. The first intake should use a small amount of dried apricots, and then within 2 days to observe the reaction of the baby. If the child reacted well to the product and did not have colic or allergies, it means that apricots are accepted by the body as they should be. In this case, you can use dried apricots up to 3 times a week (no more than 30 g).
It is not recommended to include apricots in the diet in case of gastrointestinal problems, diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular system disorders, as well as edema.
Due to the fact that apricots contain a lot of potassium and magnesium, this product is essential for maintaining heart function, especially in children. Phosphorus and B vitamins are involved in the development of the nervous system, support brain health, and help reduce the risk of neurosis. Antioxidants help cleanse the body of harmful substances.
Dried apricots are recommended for children who suffer from anemia, as this product helps maintain normal hemoglobin levels. Dried apricots help to cope with constipation. Dried apricots can also be used to support the functions of the child's body, which protects it from colds.
It is allowed to include apricots in the diet of a child from the age of 1 year. If you are prone to allergies, you should postpone the product until the child is 3 years old.
Can I eat dried apricots when losing weight
Despite the fact that apricots are quite a caloric product, its use during weight loss is quite acceptable. But in order for it not to slow down the process, but on the contrary, to accelerate it, it is necessary to follow some rules.
- First of all, it is necessary to observe moderation. If you are not trying to lose weight, but just to keep in shape, you should not abuse dried apricots, because you can easily put on a few extra pounds and get gastrointestinal problems. It is recommended to limit yourself to 30 grams of dried fruit per day.
- Also you should pay attention to the time of eating dried apricots. Since the product is rich in carbohydrates and is quite caloric, dried fruits should be eaten in the first half of the day. It is recommended to eat a portion of apricots as a dessert after lunch.
- Dried fruits help to cleanse the body, as well as remove excess fluid from the body. Therefore, it is necessary to regularly replenish the body with water (from 2 liters per day).
Dried apricots in medicine
With diabetes, apricots can bring both benefits and harm. Medicine does not yet have an exact answer to the question of how apricots affect the body of diabetics. On the one hand, this product is quite caloric and contains a lot of natural sugars, which can harm the body. On the other hand, a lot of nutrients contained in apricots can reduce the symptoms of diabetes and improve health. Dried apricots contain about 85% of sugar, while the glycemic index of the product does not exceed the norm. Therefore, if you consume dried apricots in moderation, it will only bring benefits.
It is recommended to eat no more than 2 slices per day. If this limit is exceeded, blood sugar can increase. With type 2 diabetes, dried apricots are recommended to eat only if the product is not prepared in an industrial way. The best option would be fresh fruit, not dried. With type one diabetes, the recommended daily dosage is 50 g, type two - 100 g.
Important: The glycemic index of apricots is 35 units.
In severe exacerbations of this ailment, dried fruit can be used to make drinks after a period of fasting. Such drinks are very useful because they contain large amounts of potassium and sodium. From apricots you can also make infusions and compotes. In any other form, it is better not to consume this product, as it can lead to diarrhea, flatulence or intestinal colic. When inflammation begins to decrease, the diet can be gradually expanded. apricots (steamed and pureed) may be added to mousse, jelly and kissel.
During the rehabilitation period mashed apricots may be used in sauces or fruit gravy. This will be especially useful if you are constipated or lack potassium. During the remission period, apricots can be eaten with porridges, casseroles, meat dishes, pilaf and pies. In disorders of glucose metabolism, apricots should be revived.
In an exacerbation of the disease daily rate is determined individually, in remission, a day can eat up to 80 grams of apricots.
With gastritis, apricots can be eaten, but only not in the period of exacerbation. As a rule, apricots replace various sweets, which are prohibited in the disease. It is worth noting that eating apricots on an empty stomach is prohibited. The daily rate of dried apricots is up to 3 fruits. It is also necessary to pay attention to the composition of products from the store, because the acids contained in industrial apricots can cause serious complications of the disease.
For the bowels
apricots laxative and helps in the intestinal function, so they are an excellent alternative to medication laxatives, which can be addictive. At the same time, medications can act too actively, which will cause discomfort. A apricot, on the other hand, affects the body more gently, without causing severe attacks. It is recommended to eat dried fruit before going to bed, so that in the morning you get the desired result. A apricot is also recommended for people with hyperacidity, because it has an effect on the gastric juice.
Apricots contain pectin and fiber, which are unaffected by digestive enzymes, so they can move freely through the digestive tract. Dietary fiber helps to increase the volume of stools, it stimulates the intestines.
Potassium and pectin help regulate the water balance, so they prevent constipation. To normalize digestion, you should eat apricots 5-7 slices a day. The main thing is not to overdo it, otherwise there may be discomfort in the stomach.
Gout is usually caused by a metabolic disorder in the body. The kidneys are not able to excrete uric acid, and it accumulates in the joints and tissues. A apricot helps to flush harmful deposits out of the body, and also normalizes the work of the kidneys and intestines. But it is worth noting that there are dangers as well. Dried apricots contain many purine bases, the use of which in gout can cause adverse effects.
For the Liver
Recent studies have shown that regular consumption of apricots helps reduce the risks associated with the development of liver cancer. Also, dried fruits contain phenolic components that reduce the level of cholesterol in the body, which negatively affects the cardiovascular system and the liver.
apricots are useful in hemorrhoids. It has a positive effect on intestinal motility, as it contains quite a lot of dietary fiber. It can act as a natural laxative, which is also useful in hemorrhoids, because then there will not be constipation and the feces can easily leave the body, slightly affecting the painful places.
With cholelithiasis, it is allowed to consume apricots, because it helps to regulate the work of the intestine and normalizes the processes associated with the outflow of bile. The exception is the periods of exacerbation of cholecystitis during severe pain.
Recipes of folk medicine based on apricots
Apricots have a wide range of healing properties, which are used for a long time in folk medicine. This product is used to prepare various remedies that help treat many diseases.
Concentrate apricots, figs and prunes in equal proportions together through a meat grinder. The remedy to take several times a day, 1 tbsp. (no more than 4 times a day).
Through a mincer miss prunes with dried apricots and walnuts (ratio 2:2:1). In the resulting mass add honey (2-3 tbsp.). Take a remedy in the morning and evening, 1 tbsp. (Keep a lot of in the refrigerator).
To raise hemoglobin.
Grind walnuts with cranberries, apricots and prunes in a meat grinder. In the mass add honey (1 cup) and lemon juice (1 cup). Means taken after a meal in the morning and evening time, 1 tbsp.
For normalization of the heart
Wash 3 lemons and together with raisins, prunes, walnuts, dried apricots, rosehips and hawthorns (all ingredients 200 g each) spend through a meat grinder. In the resulting mass add 150 g of honey and mix thoroughly. Place in the refrigerator for 10 days. Use 1 tbsp. in the morning, before meals.
apricots in cosmetology
A dried apricot contains vitamin A, an element that supports the health of the skin, nails and hair. It is worth noting that eating apricots prevents the appearance of premature wrinkles. The apricots contain mineral salts, as well as vitamins B, P, C and beta-carotene, which is also called the beauty vitamin. Masks based on apricots are suitable for both oily and dry skin. They refresh and soothe, smooth out wrinkles. The pulp of these dried fruits can be added to any of the home-made masks.
Harm and contraindications
Apricots are contraindicated:
- Diabetes mellitus (in excessive amounts). In fact, apricots in most cases with diabetes are allowed to use, but in limited quantities. It is recommended to have a consultation with a doctor to determine whether dried fruit can be consumed in a particular case.
- In hypotension. apricots help to lower blood pressure. In the case of hypotension, this product is allowed in a very small amount, if the ailment has a pronounced pathology, then the use of apricots should be abandoned.
- In case of obesity. As a rule, people with excessive body weight are not recommended to eat apricots, but sometimes this product can be used as a snack on days of discharge.
- In the case of allergies. If after eating apricots appeared itching, rash or hives, it is necessary to take antihistamines and exclude this product from your diet.
Why dried apricots make your stomach swell
Dried fruits help to improve intestinal peristalsis and help get rid of constipation, but they can also cause flatulence. The reason is the high content of sugars and dietary fiber, which actively interact with bacteria in the colon. This breaks down undigested sugar and fiber, resulting in gas. Therefore, discomfort in the stomach may occur after consuming dried fruit. To avoid this, you should drink more fluids. This will help the intestines to function more efficiently, resulting in less bloating.
How to choose and where to store apricots
When choosing apricots, you should pay attention to such factors:
- The naturalness of apricots can be determined by their color. After drying, apricots will have a dim brown or brown-orange color. If the dried fruits have a bright color, it is most likely that chemical additives were used during processing of the product - you should not buy such apricots.
- To the touch dried apricots should be wiry and dry. If the product is greasy, it is better not to buy it. A dried apricot should not smear in your hand. This means that the product was stored incorrectly or was originally made from poor-quality fruit.
- As a rule, apricots are slightly wrinkled. It is desirable to choose large slices, because the large size indicates the maturity of apricots.
- The apricots should not have a wine aftertaste. If it is present, it means that the manufacturer has violated the production technology, so it is forbidden to buy such a product.
Store apricots in a dry, dark and cool room or in the refrigerator.
How to make dried apricots at home
For drying, you should choose a clean place with access to direct sunlight and fresh air. You can dry apricots on the roof or balcony.
- Wash the apricots, divide them into halves and remove the pips.
- Then the apricot slices should be placed in a draught for a few hours to air out.
- After that, put them on a lattice and place them in the sun.
- At night, it is recommended to remove apricots into the house.
- In 10-15 days the apricots will be ready.
You can also dry apricots by stringing them on a twig or string. With this approach, the fruit will dry even without sunlight, in a light breeze.
How to eat dried apricots properly
Before eating apricots, be sure to wash them, and you can also soak them to make them softer. You can eat it both in its natural form (it is important to observe moderation), and as an ingredient in various dishes. It can be used to make kissels, compotes, fillings for pies, sweet desserts, cakes and candies. In Eastern countries it is eaten together with spices and spice mixtures.
apricots are an excellent match for a meat dish and give it an attractive flavor and a peculiar sweet and sour taste. It can also be used with homemade yogurt, fruit salads, dairy and dairy-free porridge.
Do I have to wash them before eating?
It is necessary to wash dried apricots before consumption. The natural, untreated one should be well washed under running water, while cleaning it of dirt and dust. In addition, after washing it can also be scalded with boiling water. The apricots treated with sulfur dioxide should also be washed, but with even more care. You should soak it in water (room temperature) for half an hour, and then rinse well under running water.
How much can be eaten per day
The daily rate of consumption of apricots - up to 100 g. It is not recommended to consume a larger amount of the product, otherwise an upset stomach, discomfort or even digestive disorders may occur.
Can I eat at night?
If you are sitting on a diet, it is not recommended to eat apricots at night, because it is quite caloric and contains a lot of carbohydrates. In other cases, you can eat apricots, but you should not overeat.
Delicious recipes with dried apricots
- sweet rice - 0,5 tbsp (200 ml);
- water - 1 tbsp (200 ml);
- raisins - 25 g;
- apricots - 40 grams.
- Rice should be washed several times.
- Soak the washed rice in water (cold) for 10 minutes. Concentrated apricots should be thoroughly washed and dried. Wash raisins, scald and dry.
- Rice should be poured with water and put on the stove. After boiling, stirring, cook rice on low heat until tender.
- Cut apricots into small pieces. Raisins can also be chopped if they are large.
- Plate the boiled rice, add the dried apricots and raisins and mix well.
Stuffed apricots jam
- apricots - 500 g;
- sugar - 2 tbsp;
- water - 3,5 tbsp;
- lemon juice - 2 tbsp.
- Roasted apricots should be chopped and placed in a multicooker. After that, pour water, add sugar and stir. Cover with a lid and put to boil for 2 hours. In the process, you need to stir the mass a few times well.
- Then add the lemon juice (you can add oregano) and stir it. Put it to boil for another 2 hours.
- Pour the jam into the prepared jars, roll up and leave to cool. You can store it in the fridge for about 3 weeks.
- apricots - 300 g;
- sugar - 6 tbsp;
- Water - 2,5 l.
- Soak dried apricots in boiling water for 10 minutes, then rinse well under running water.
- Cut the dried fruit into halves, put them into a saucepan and pour cold water.
- Add sugar to the pot.
- Stir it and put it on a low heat.
- Once the water boils, you need to boil the compote for another 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the drink from the stove and leave to cool.
- long-grain rice - 2,5 tbsp;
- veal - 0.5 kg;
- carrots - 3 pcs;
- onion - 3 pcs;
- butter (melted);
- apricots - 0.5 tbsp;
- cardamom - 1 pinch;
- cinnamon - 1 pinch;
- sugar, salt.
- Heat oil in a thick saucepan.
- Peel onion and carrot. Cut the carrots into small cubes, the onions into cubes or half rings.
- Put carrots and onions in a pan, fry (5 minutes), oil should almost completely cover the vegetables.
- Wash the apricots and add them to the pot along with the meat. Then put spices, sugar, salt and mix.
- Braise for about 5 minutes.
- Rinse rice well, put it into a saucepan, add boiling water so that it covers the food above 5 cm.
- Braise for about 35-40 minutes, control the process by the presence of water (when there is no water left, the pilaf is ready).
- Stir the pilaf and you can serve.
Can I give dried apricots to animals?
By and large, apricots are not harmful to most animals. For example, dogs, and especially puppies, can benefit from this product. But at the same time apricots can become a laxative, so it is worth observing the norm. In addition, dried fruit is sometimes used as a treat during dog training.
If we talk about cats, it is not recommended to give them apricots, because in some cases this product can have a negative effect on the animal.
Interesting facts about apricots
- If you compare the level of potassium content in apricots apricots and fresh apricots, dried fruits are significantly superior to the fresh product. 250 g of apricots will hold as much potassium as 1 kg of fresh apricots.
- Apricots that are divided into halves and do not have a seed are called apricots, and whole fruits that do not have a seed are called kaisa.
- From one kilogram of apricots you can get about 300-400 grams of apricots.
- The main suppliers of apricots are Turkey, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
- A dried apricot has a positive effect on the skin and strengthens the hair.
- apricots are the leader in terms of potassium and magnesium content, so they are recommended for people with cardiovascular diseases, as well as during pregnancy.
- Regular consumption of dried apricots reduces the risk of cancer, because it has the effect of reducing the growth of cancer cells.
- apricots help reduce blood cholesterol levels, so the likelihood of blood clots in the blood vessels is also reduced and the risk associated with the development of cardiovascular disease is lowered.
- During the use of antibiotics, it is recommended to regularly consume apricots, as this will avoid the negative effects of chemicals on the body.
«Important: All information on this site is provided for informational purposes only. purposes. Consult a specialist before applying any recommendations. specialist. Neither the editors nor the authors are liable for any possible harm caused by materials."