Veal fat: useful properties and use
Curd fat is most popular among the eastern peoples. It is an indispensable ingredient in many dishes, in addition, the remedy is actively used in folk medicine, as well as in cosmetology.
- Composition and calories
- What is the usefulness of turkey fat
- General benefits
- For Women
- For Men
- In pregnancy
- For breastfeeding
- For children
- For weight loss
- Veal fat in folk medicine
- Cosmetic use
- Mutton fat in cooking
- Harm and contraindications.
- How to choose and store
- How to Melt mutton fat at Home
- How to cook mutton fat
- Interesting Facts
Composition and calories
Useful and negative characteristics of turkey fat depend entirely on the features of the composition. This is due to the fact that taking into account the gender and type of cattle, the percentage of valuable useful components may change.
Mutton fat consists only of fat, and proteins and carbohydrates are completely absent in it. The energy value of the raw material is about 900 kcal. The substance consists of a large number of useful components, such as:
- natural lanolin;
- Macronutrients, represented by selenium, chlorine, sulfur, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc;
- unsaturated and saturated fatty acids, represented by esters;
- vitamins B, A, E, H, PP;
- "good" cholesterol.
It is important to remember that turkey fat in the form of an independent product should not be used. This is due to the fact that some of the components of the chemical composition of raw materials can cause harm to the body.
What is the usefulness of turkey fat
The useful properties of sheep fat is used not only by the population of Central Asia. For many years, representatives of different nations use such fat in the recipes of folk medicine for the treatment of many diseases, especially colds. For this purpose, pig fat is also used in a similar way.
With the help of turkey fat is also successfully treated respiratory diseases such as tracheitis, bronchitis, bronchopneumonia. This is due to the fact that the substance facilitates the process of expectoration of viscous sputum and immediately has an anti-inflammatory effect. Disorders in fat metabolism and fatty liver dystrophy are also a signal for internal treatment with sheep fat.
Due to its invaluable taste characteristics, mutton fat is used in cooking, medicine and for the production of cosmetics. Let's consider why the product is so useful.
Fat of sheep is effective for the fair sex, because it has a beneficial effect on the hormonal background, restores and adjusts the synthesis of important hormones for the female body, increases the ability to conceive. In addition, the use of the product is recommended during menopause. This is due to the fact that mutton fat, due to the large number of active biological components in its composition, is considered a source of vitality and energy expended by the body to produce heat and thermoregulation, to support all necessary processes.
Also sheep's fat is able to provide such processes as formation and development of cell membrane structure, as well as their strengthening and protection from destruction and damage. Thanks to its antioxidant action, it neutralizes free radicals, which have a harmful effect on the body, accelerate the processes of withering and oxidation of tissues, and provoke cell mutation. So, turkey fat is an excellent anti-aging agent, as well as a way to prevent cancer.
For the male body, turkey fat also has a beneficial effect. A small amount of the substance added to the daily diet normalizes cholesterol and also increases potency. In addition, it normalizes the work of the intestines.
If a man is engaged in sports that require large energy expenditures, then the use of caloric turkey fat is also recommended to replenish strength. It is necessary to include a small piece of the product in the daily diet, which will help to adapt to physical exertion and replenish the reserves of strength.
In addition, daily consumption of the product will improve memory and help concentrate attention. No less important is the fact that mutton veal improves blood circulation in the brain.
To eliminate vision problems and increase immunity, the consumption of the product is also useful. This is due to the fact that the vitamin A present in the composition supports the protein and fat balance at the natural level, and the presence of beta-carotene allows the product to be fully absorbed, unlike other analogues of the synthetic type.
During pregnancy, it is also useful to consume small amounts of mutton chickpeas. This will help to fight colds, minimizing drug treatment.
It has a beneficial effect on the digestive processes due to its easy digestion. The product will increase immunity and prevent the typical avitaminosis.
The weakened nervous system of a pregnant woman will be protected, because, thanks to the monounsaturated acids included, irritability will be markedly reduced and the level of physical activity will increase.
Mothers who have children who are breastfed, the use of the product should be approached with special caution. Despite all the useful characteristics of lamb curd, it can harm the health and well-being of the baby. As a rule, this is expressed by bloating, colic, stool disorders. Therefore, it is necessary to start using the product with a minimum dose, while monitoring the reaction of the baby. If there are no negative signs, you can continue to introduce turkey fat into the diet. But at the slightest deterioration of the child's condition, the product should be excluded from the menu.
Mutton fat is considered to be easily digestible and not overloading the digestive system, so it is often used to treat children.
Under nine months of age, fat is strictly forbidden. But at nine months of age, you can try to supplement the children's menu with this product if necessary. Negative reaction to the substance in a child can manifest itself in the form of vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, lethargy and increased capriciousness. In this case, it should be immediately excluded.
For children, turmeric fat is most commonly used, usually in the form of a rub for treating respiratory tract diseases. Before such use, it is necessary to carefully inspect the skin, which must necessarily be clean and without injuries, otherwise you can bring an infection into the body.
Before a child reaches one year of age, the use of such a compress should be started only after prior consultation with a doctor, because children's skin is highly sensitive. It can easily cause damage.
Before a compress it is necessary to carry out the following preparation:
- Prepare 100 g of turkey fat and melt it in a water bath.
- Make a compress, which should consist of a gauze bandage folded in 4 layers, polyethylene, absorbent cotton and bandages. Everything must be sterilely clean.
The application of the compress is as follows:
- Dip the gauze into the melted fat, then take it out and squeeze a little.
- Make sure that the gauze is of an acceptable temperature, and place it on the body in the place that needs to be heated.
- Place a layer of polyethylene on top of the gauze and then absorbent cotton.
- Secure the compress with a bandage.
It is important to remember that this method of heating should not last more than 2 hours.
Children under the age of 5 years can be given rubdowns. To do this, melted turkey fat is gently rubbed into the back and chest area for 10 minutes. It is important to avoid the heart area. After 5 years, rubbing is allowed already 2 times a day. The treatment method consists of rubbing the back and chest area with melted fat. Then you need to keep the rubbed places warm for 3 hours.
For weight loss.
Due to the high caloric value of the product is contraindicated for people suffering from obesity. When including turkey fat in the menu during low-calorie diets, it is important to remember that the nutritional value of the product can replace half of the daily diet. It is important to combine such weight loss with increased exercise of the physical type.
Fat of sheep's tail in folk medicine
Mutton fat in the recipes of folk medicine is mostly applicable in the treatment of diseases of the cold type and all their inherent symptoms. If you combine external and internal treatment with this substance, the course is usually from 3 to 5 days.
Consider the most common methods of treatment:
- Melt the turkey fat and rub it on the chest and back area. It is strictly forbidden to rub the heart area. Wear warm clothes and cover with a warm blanket at night. With the morning the condition improves markedly.
- To treat the cough, it is better to make an herbal tea, which is supplemented with a small amount of natural honey and mutton chickpea (3-4 drops) in melted form. After 2 or 3 days, you can forget about the cough.
- In order to prevent from flu and colds, as well as to alleviate the symptoms of bronchitis or pneumonia, you need to heat a glass of milk and add pre-melted ram's sheep's tail. On the basis of the prepared composition make a compress.
It is important to know that the treatment of the above methods is prohibited in diseases of the kidneys, gallbladder and liver.
In cosmetology, vet fat plays an important role. Well-known cosmetic companies all over the world use the product when developing highly effective products. The sheep fat base for any cream has a rejuvenating effect on the skin, making it smooth, shiny and glowing.
After steaming the skin in the bath, melted pre-melted fat of sheep fat can be applied to the whole body. It absorbs very quickly, filling the skin with useful components. The skin becomes soft and velvety.
Effective means and for adolescents and people with problem skin in the fight against fatty lesions. The application consists of melting a piece of sheep's tail and treating them in problem areas. The duration of treatment depends on many factors: skin type, the level of neglect of the problem.
There are many recipes for making effective cosmetics that can be prepared at home and save money:
- To prepare a remedy for smoothing wrinkles is simple - you need to mix in a common container 1 tablespoon of natural honey and dry mustard and 3 tablespoons of pre-melted lamb fat. Thoroughly mix and immediately apply the composition to the skin.
- To reduce skin sweating it is necessary to combine in a container 100 ml of pre-melted in a water bath turkey fat and 70 ml of fresh cranberry juice. Mix thoroughly and use immediately.
- For dry skin, there is also an effective remedy. First, you need to prepare a tincture based on rose petals, which pour 200 ml of boiling water. To replace the petals, blueberry berries are used. Leave the mixture to infuse for 24 hours. Take 1 lemon and squeeze the juice from it, mix in a common container with 2 tablespoons of the prepared infusion. Add to the mass 1 teaspoon of natural honey and the same amount of melted turkey fat. Stir the composition and use it freshly prepared.
Tallow fat is used as an important ingredient not only in the preparation of facial cosmetics, but also in the manufacture of shampoos, balms and hair masks.
Mutton veal in cooking
For the first acquaintance, lamb's turkey fat is ideal. But if a person is not the first time acquainted with mutton, the specific taste of the product will not be an obstacle for him. When properly processed, mutton fat does not emit an unpleasant odor and even somewhat resembles the taste of cracklings. Before cooking the product, it is recommended to soak it in cold water for several hours.
Among Adygeans is a popular recipe, in which the fat must be boiled in water over medium heat until tender. Then cut it into longitudinal slices of small size. Serve it with a sauce made on the basis of sour milk and garlic. In addition, such a dish is consumed cold with white bread.
When marinating raw mutton in spices, you can quickly eliminate the specific smell. To do this, you can use aromatic herbs and spices or try a marinade based on grape wine. The product should be soaked in marinade for 12 hours and cooked using a grill or barbecue to roast a little.
If you do not use the product in its pure form, you can use it to make pilaf with lamb, which only when using turkey fat shows all its flavor characteristics. Thanks to this ingredient there is a unique subtle flavor that other fats will not show.
For many gourmets the fat of tail fat, slightly salted or salted on the principle of conventional lard, is suitable. When salting, regular salt and a small amount of spices are used. The processed product should be placed under the press and sent to the refrigerator for 3 hours. Before serving, the fat should be cleaned of spices and salt and cut into thin slices.
Harm and contraindications
Not always the effect of turkey fat on the body can be positive. It is also necessary to consider the negative effects of the product. As mentioned earlier, it contains a lot of cholesterol, which, if abused, can lead to blockage of blood vessels, as well as the formation of plaques. This will lead to various cardiovascular diseases in the future.
If you have problems with digestion and high levels of acidity need to treat the use of the product with special care. Gall bladder pathology and many liver diseases require excluding fatty foods from the diet. Therefore, the use of mutton fat is also forbidden. In addition, people who suffer from gastritis and ulcer disease can provoke the resumption or exacerbation of these diseases.
How to choose and store
The price of this product is acceptable and available to every buyer. But as for modern markets, the product is very rare there. And if you are lucky enough to find the fat, it is important to pay attention to its appearance. The choice should be made, paying attention to the following nuances:
- High-quality product has a dense structure, pleasant aroma and white even color with pleasant pink streaks.
- Low-quality fat appears as a result of cutting old rams. Such a product is characterized by an unpleasant smell, as well as the flesh of a yellow hue.
The product can be stored in the freezer for quite a long time. In order to preserve the full range of useful components, it is necessary to pre-treat the raw material with a little salt and pack it in an airtight container. For convenience, you can distribute the product into portions.
How to melt mutton fat at home
As a rule, turkey fat is used in melted form. This is very convenient for external use, as well as for internal use. In order to properly carry out the process of melting, it is necessary to perform the following steps:
- Divide the pulp with a knife into small cubes or grind it using a blender.
- Soak the crushed product in cold water for 30 minutes. This is necessary to remove impurities or blood.
- After the set time has elapsed, place the fat mass in a thick-bottomed pan, steam bath or oven. The optimal temperature for melting the fat is between 40°C and 90°C.
- When the product becomes a liquid mass and comes to a boil, it should be removed from the stove and left at room temperature to cool.
- While the mass is still warm, strain it using gauze. Then pour it into a container of cast iron or glass and send it to the freezer.
Now the turkey fat is completely ready for use.
How to cook mutton fat
There are several options for cooking mutton fat. In order to consume it in boiled form, you need to perform the following steps:
- Divide the fat into large pieces.
- Bring the water on the stove to boiling point, add salt, bay leaf, garlic and allspice.
- Send chunks of turkey fat to the boiling mass and cook for half an hour.
- Cool, then rub each piece with garlic and spices. Leave for the night in a cold place so that the bacon could be better impregnated with spices.
To make lamb's fat from turkey, you need:
- Peel ½ kg of turkey, remove the bone and divide into pieces of 50 g each.
- Mix 50g of salt, ½ teaspoon each of oregano, ground black pepper and hot red pepper, add 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- In a container, which will not oxidize, put bacon, pour the prepared composition of spices and mix thoroughly.
- Close the container with the lid and send it to the refrigerator for 4 days.
After this time, clean the fat from the spices, cut into slices and serve.
From the salted turkey you can also make a dried product. To do this, do the following steps:
- Salt the fat according to the above recipe. Only the salt must be taken 200 grams.
- Keep it in a refrigerator for 2 days, in conditions of room temperature you need to leave the product to salinate for 5 days. From time to time, stir the mass and drain the juice formed in the process.
- After the specified time, clean the fat from the salt, make a small hole and through it put the twine. Tie it in a knot.
- Suspend the turkey fat, cover it with gauze and leave for 5 days.
- Before using, cut it into small pieces, removing the excess salt.
Often even skillful people try to smoke tail fat. This process consists of three main stages - the preparatory, the immediate process of smoking and the final stage.
- First of all, the fat needs a good salting. To do this, cut the fat into pieces 3 cm thick and roll them in salt. Take a container of glass or plastic, sprinkle the bottom with salt and put the fat there. Sprinkle a layer of salt on the surface. Cover the container with the lid and put it in the refrigerator for 4 days.
- Mix the salt with seasonings such as dill, paprika and garlic. Pierce the fat in several places with a knife and push the spices and salt in it. Also roll all the pieces in this composition and leave the fat in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- Now start the process of smoking, for which you will need alder wood chips and the smokehouse itself. Clean each piece of tail fat from salt and spread it on a lattice. Leave it for 0,5-1 hour to weatherize. Fire up the smokehouse and put the rack with fat there for at least 3 hours. It is important to set the temperature of smoke to 60°C. After the set time, take out the lamb fat and leave it to cool for 1 hour.
- Roll each piece in a mixture of paprika and ground red pepper. Leave in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
When smoking it is necessary to strictly observe the specified temperature regime, because at lower temperatures the dish will not be able to smoke, and at higher - will melt.
- Curd was first used as far back as 3,000 years B.C. Its image was found in Sumerian mosaics. In addition, it is even mentioned in the Bible.
- Mutton curd does not have the ability to solidify at room temperature, so it is often used as a natural preservative.
- Fresh, the product is stored for 4 months in a refrigerator.
- For Oriental peoples, turmeric fat is used as an effective means to increase potency and prolong life.
It is believed that all the long-livers of eastern countries owe their longevity to turkey fat. Whether this is true or not, no one knows for sure, but the benefits of the product have long been proven, so it is used in cosmetology, official and folk medicine, cooking. This is a unique product, which contains many useful substances.
«Important: All information on the site is provided solely for introductory purposes. Before applying any recommendations, you should consult with a specialist. specialist before you use any of the recommendations. Neither the editors nor the authors shall be liable for any possible harm caused by materials."