Carrot tea: useful properties and contraindications
Carrot tea today is experiencing the time of its second "advent" to the throne of popularity. This healing drink saved our ancestors from the decline of strength and many diseases, but for a while it was undeservedly forgotten. The reason for this injustice was the new fashionable trends in nutrition that were observed at the end of the last century. But artificial drinks in brightly colored packages could not be a worthy substitute for the richness that is contained in the tea of the fruit and haulm of the carrot.
- Composition and calories
- Useful properties of carrot tea
- General benefits
- For Women
- For Men
- In pregnancy
- For children
- When losing weight
- From what diseases can help carrot tea
- Harm and contraindications
- How to Dry Carrot Tea
- How to cook carrot tea: Recipes
- Drink from fresh carrots
- Tea drink recipe for dried carrots
- Carrot Stems Tea
- Mixed Variant
- Tea Recipes with Berries and Herbs
- Interesting Facts about Carrots
Nature has abundantly endowed the carrot with unique data: the composition of the root crop alone has more than 400 components. Therefore, carrot tea, in fact, is a concentrated vitamin drink, useful for people of all ages and genders. Supporters of natural nutrition drink it instead of the usual tea. Prepare a healing infusion can be made in a couple of minutes, if you stock up on raw materials in advance. We will tell you in more detail how to dry carrots for tea, what is useful for such a drink, how to prepare and take it correctly.
Composition and calories
Prepare carrot tea can be made, as from fresh root-crops, and dried in special conditions of vegetable raw materials. Surprisingly, the ground part of the plant can be used for this purpose. Fresh carrot tops contain a full range of nutrients necessary to maintain normal functioning of the body. No less rich composition and the root vegetable itself. If you combine all the groups of substances into one list, you get the following list of biologically active compounds:
- many components of group B;
- ascorbic acid in huge quantities;
- provitamin A or beta-carotene;
- nicotinic acid and folic acid;
- Among the mineral elements: iodine, cobalt, phosphorus, silicon, magnesium;
- organic acids;
- essential oils;
- amino acids, including essential ones;
- a lot of plant fiber;
- large quantities of mono- and polysaccharides;
- pectins and lecithin.
Particular attention should be paid to the content of antioxidants, whose function is to cleanse the body of toxic products. Regular consumption of carrot tea will ensure the removal of such harmful elements, which will undoubtedly only benefit the overall well-being.
Such a diverse composition, acting as a single complex, has a favorable effect on the work of individual organs and the condition of the whole body. It is worth noting that with such a rich composition, the caloric value of carrots is only 40 kcal.
Useful to know! The root vegetable contains four times as much vitamin K and selenium, elements involved in the synthesis of important proteins, as the rest of the carrot. But the green mass is rich in chlorophyll, iron, and ascorbic acid. These substances help maintain a balanced composition of the blood.
Useful properties of carrot tea
If you prepare carrots for tea according to all the rules, then the drink obtained from this plant material can be used not only as a preventive measure, but also for home treatment. Carrot tea has a whole complex of useful properties:
- Thanks to the high concentration of ascorbic acid and other vitamins, it will contribute to the strengthening of immune forces.
- Regular consumption of the drink will increase the elasticity and strength of blood vessels, and this will improve the work of the entire cardiovascular system.
- The presence of antioxidants will ensure effective cleansing of blood and tissues from toxins and toxic substances.
- The value of provitamin A is that this element improves the condition of the skin, strengthens the nails and hair structure.
- People who are overweight, using carrot tea, can lose weight productively without compromising their health.
- The drink may well serve as a source of nutrition for the body tissues.
- Tea is good for the bone system and the thyroid gland.
- The drink has a mild laxative effect.
- The content of plant fiber improves digestion, and also contributes to a regular cleansing of the intestines.
As we can see, carrot tea is a unique natural remedy, which can cope with a variety of problems. Now let's consider what benefits it can bring to people of different ages and genders.
In addition to its general health benefits, carrot tea can be an ideal everyday skin care remedy for women of all ages. Infusion of a low concentration will restore skin elasticity, even out its tone, bring back to normal the function of the sebaceous glands. No less useful for hair and nails. Carrot infusion enhances regeneration and effectively rejuvenates the dermis. Therefore, it is often taken as the basis of masks and added to cosmetic creams.
Tangible benefits will have a wonderful drink on the male body. The ability of carrots to relieve irritation and excessive nervousness will have a positive impact not only on overall health, but also on the sexual performance of men. In addition, carrots stabilize sugar and cholesterol levels, so the tea will improve the condition of blood vessels and will prevent the formation of atherosclerotic plaques. Considering the fact that men are in the risk group for the frequency of heart attacks and strokes, they should definitely include carrot tea in their daily diet. To these advantages it is worth adding that regular consumption of tea with carrots in acceptable quantities will prevent the development of prostatitis and other diseases of the genitourinary system of the man.
Although physicians generally have a positive attitude to the use of carrots by women during pregnancy, the infusion of the vegetable can be dangerous for the future fetus. This is especially true for the use of fresh haulm of the plant, because this part contains alkaloids and coumarins - substances that can provoke a miscarriage. Carrots may also contain nitrates, which the root vegetable absorbs from the soil during growth.
Carrot tea to a small extent stimulates lactation, but at the same time it can cause a strong allergic reaction in the baby. Therefore, it is better not to take risks with the use of such an ambiguous product. But adding carrots to other dishes a nursing mother in moderate amounts is not forbidden.
It's no coincidence that children adore carrots. This bright, crunchy root vegetable is able to provide an abundance of nutrients to the growing body. The drink also increases the body's resistance to infections. But tea is especially useful for children because it strengthens the bone and muscular system, which is very important for babies during the period of active growth and development.
When losing weight.
Dietitians have carrot tea on a special list. After all, with minimal calories, this product perfectly quenches hunger, which is extremely useful for weight loss. The drink is usually recommended to people with weight problems as an alternative to the usual tea. Of course, even a strong desire to lose weight should not become a reason for exceeding the allowable consumption of the healing drink.
What diseases does carrot tea help against?
Our ancestors drank carrot drink almost daily. It quenched our thirst and gave us energy. After all, in ancient times there were simply not many products familiar to modern people: lemonade, cola, Sprite. So then they tried to use useful herbs and plants. Carrots in this regard can withstand even the toughest competition, given its unique composition. Cooked from the root or green part of the plant tea can significantly improve the condition of the following diseases:
- respiratory infections;
- vision problems;
- digestive disorders;
- liver pathologies;
- hormonal disorders;
- intestinal dysbacteriosis;
Consumption of the infusion is an excellent preventive measure against skin diseases and cancer. The drink helps to strengthen dental enamel, and it does not give a chance for the development of tooth decay.
Harm and contraindications
Despite the solid "portfolio", carrot tea has a number of drawbacks that should not be neglected. Completely refuse to use the drink should:
- In the period of exacerbation of ulcers, gastritis and other pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Individual intolerance to the vegetable;
- During pregnancy and lactation.
Overdose of the drug is undesirable, which can lead to such side effects as nausea, drowsiness, headaches, general weakness.
The following risks should also be considered:
- In individuals prone to allergies, carrot tops can cause an allergic reaction, because the greens are noted for their high content of essential components.
- In large quantities, the infusion can lead to yellowing of the skin.
- Excessive consumption of carrot tea will negatively affect the composition of the blood, that is, increase its coagulability.
Important: Carrot tea should be drunk between meals. Persons on a diet can replace the healing tea, for example, an afternoon snack. But in any case, the allowable norm is 2-3 cups per day.
How to dry carrots for tea
The harvesting of plant material should be approached responsibly, since the slightest deviation from the existing rules of collecting and drying can lead to poisoning or other adverse health consequences. It is better to collect carrots for tea in the fall, because by this time the root vegetables are the most concentrated useful elements. The same applies to the taste of the vegetable - it becomes bright and rich. The rules to be guided by when picking are simple, and therefore they are not difficult to remember.
- To prepare a carrot brew, select large specimens without signs of rot and damage.
- The collected root-crops are thoroughly washed under running water, remove the stems and skin.
- Then grind the raw material by passing it through a meat grinder, but you can use a regular grater.
- The resulting mass evenly spread on a cloth.
- Preparations for carrot tea should be dried for 4 hours, then subjected to heat treatment over low heat to remove excess moisture. For this, it is better to use a thick-walled pan.
- The next stage is drying in the oven. The temperature, at which this stage of processing should take place, should not exceed 100 ° C.
- For even drying, stir the carrot mass periodically. An indicator of the readiness of carrots will be a bright brown shade of custard and complete absence of moisture.
- Now determine the ready carrot brew in a suitable container. It is best to use a container of glass with a lid. It is not excluded to use canvas bags for storing the material.
- For ease of further use, mix regular brew with dried carrots in equal proportions.
For drying carrots, in addition to the oven, you can use an electric drying machine. By the way, this is the fastest method of drying. Unlike the described methods of drying carrots, drying in the sun takes a very long time. Such a technique depends largely on favorable weather conditions and other factors, and therefore it is practically not used today.
Note! Dried carrots are ideally combined with both black and green varieties of tea.
As for the preparation of raw material from the green part of the carrot, the optimal time is the period of peak growth. The procedure for preparing the green mass is not fundamentally different from the process described above.
How to prepare carrot tea: recipes
Since dried carrots retain the main virtues of the vegetable, namely composition, flavor and aroma, the drink will be nutritious and useful.
Drink from fresh carrots
This option is ideal for the time when there is a new crop of carrots on the beds or shelves. To make the tea, you need to grate a large fruit, put the resulting mass in an ordinary teapot, and then pour it with steep boiling water. After a twenty-minute infusion, the healing tea can be drunk.
Recipe for a tea drink made from dried carrots
As noted above, the dried carrot ingredient in the amount of 4 teaspoons is better mixed with the usual brew. But it is possible to prepare a drink using only carrot raw materials. To do this, pour the specified amount of dry vegetable in a cup with boiling water. Allow the drink to infuse for half an hour. A well seasoned carrot infusion will resemble black tea in color.
Tea from carrot stems
It has already been mentioned before about the usefulness of the ground part of the carrot. Here are concentrated reserves of selenium, zinc, iron. Without these important elements, many processes in the human body can not run in normal mode, and selenium and zinc are actively involved in the production of sex hormones. It is clear that a drink made from fresh or dried carrot leaves will bring only benefits. To make tea, you will need only a tablespoon of dried raw materials and a suitable cup. Vegetable brew should be poured with boiling water, allow to infuse for 15 minutes. Before using, strain the infusion.
Recent studies of scientists have shown that tea from carrot stems prevents the development of such a terrible disease as osteoporosis. The drink is very useful for people suffering from varicose veins and thrombophlebitis.
Important: Tea from the haulm can be taken for therapeutic purposes for people with heart problems and hypertension. A month's course of such therapy will change the patient's condition for the better.
An interesting and very invigorating taste is obtained in the tea, for which a mixture of greens and grated carrots served as a brew. Such a mix is very beneficial for the skin, as it stimulates the production of collagen. Moreover, such a tea can be taken internally, as well as treated with a disc soaked in it the dermis of the face.
Tea recipes with berries and herbs
Like many other fruit and vegetable crops, carrots are in excellent harmony with other representatives of the plant world. Using this feature of the popular vegetable, you can prepare the most unexpected versions of the useful drink.
Rose hips, currants, nettles
These three "gurus" from the world of healing herbs, reinforced by the capabilities of carrots, are capable of performing real miracles. You need to take five teaspoons each of the above ingredients, except currants, and mix them together. Add fresh or dried currants berries (teaspoon) to the cocktail last. The composed mixture of healing components may not be used immediately, so it is worth to determine it in a suitable vessel for storage. As needed to get a glass of vitaminized tea, take two teaspoons of the prepared mixture, pour boiling water, let it infuse. After a quarter of an hour, strain the infusion, you can add honey to improve the taste.
Cooked according to this recipe, the drink will alleviate respiratory infections, weakened immunity, sore throat. Carrot tea with the addition of rose hips and nettles with currants improves sleep, softens the cough.
Important: Raspberry leaves are also good to combine with carrots.
Interesting facts about carrots
The biography of carrots goes back more than a millennium. And at each segment of this long journey, people composed different legends about the miraculous vegetable. In these folk myths, much corresponded to the real capabilities of the root vegetable, and some statements can be considered controversial. Here are just some of the most interesting facts.
- Even in ancient times, the first experts in the field of medicine noticed that carrots literally charges a person with vitality. This property of the vegetable has been confirmed by modern scientists. But the fact that the carrot can awaken inspiration, can only confirm people of the creative professions.
- In the beginning of its existence, carrots were not valuable as food. It was specifically grown for its seeds and leaves. It was believed that these parts of the plant have medicinal power.
- Probably not everyone is aware that carrots have their own capital. It is the small town of Holtville, California, where a colorful festival in honor of carrots is held every February. The festivities last a full week, and include the obligatory election of a carrot queen, a contest for the best dish, of course, made of carrots, and sports competitions.
- In the 17th century, hats decorated with carrot tops were among the fashion trends of the time.
- To this day, the Portuguese still make delicious jam from carrots and even export the sweet product to other countries. The local legislation demands that jam be made only from fruits. The Portuguese were not confused and moved carrots from the category of vegetables to fruit crops.
- Few people know that carrot tops contain substances that can inhibit the aging process. The greens also have caffeine and iodine.
- A group of American scientists conducted an experiment, the result of which showed that if you just chew carrots, this elementary action replaces brushing your teeth. So there is something to think about for supporters of all things natural.
- In the famous Guinness Book, which registers all the world records, there was a place for carrot achievements: the length of the largest vegetable was almost 6 meters, which exceeds the parameters of a medium-class car. The heaviest carrot was grown in Alaska. The record weight was 8.6 kilograms.
About carrots we can tell a lot of interesting and unusual. But it is undeniable that carrot tea is a very useful and pleasant drink. It is a godsend for those who care about their health and strive to live a long active life.
«Important: All information on this site is provided solely for introductory purposes. Consult a specialist before applying any recommendations. specialist. Neither the editors nor the authors are liable for any possible harm caused by materials."