Nutella paste: useful properties and contraindications
Sweet tooth in different parts of our planet adore Nutella chocolate-nut dessert. Bubble jars with this dessert can be freely purchased in any domestic supermarket. The popularity of this product is confirmed by an unusual study, the result of which showed that only produced in one year jars with candy can be wrapped around the globe along the equator almost twice. Of course, such a statement may cause disbelief, but the demand for sweet pasta is growing every year - and this is a proven fact.
- What is Nutella
- Composition and calories
- What is useful for Nutella
- For Women
- For Men
- For children
- When losing weight
- Harm and Contraindications
- How to Store Nutella After Opening
- How to Make Nutella at Home
- Baby Dessert
- Classical Recipe
- Recipe for a nut-free dessert
- What is Nutella Eaten with?
- Interesting Facts
Nutella is versatile in its purpose, as this product can be an ingredient in other desserts, such as ice cream, or used as a separate sweet snack. The chocolate and nutty goodness is a delight for kids, but adults don't mind eating it either. The taste characteristics are really amazing, but concerning the usefulness of this product between doctors, nutritionists and other experts are constant disputes: some believe that the dessert is harmful to health, and others - in contrast to the opponents find in it many positive qualities. To understand the twists and turns of this dispute, it is necessary to get to know the confectionery masterpiece better, to evaluate its composition and impact on the human body.
What is Nutella
According to the gastronomic characteristics of Nutella paste is a spread that contains milk, nuts, cocoa. This trademark is registered by the Italian company Ferrero, which has been producing the popular sweet treat for more than half a century since 1964. By the way, this company occupies the third position in the ranking of the world's largest chocolate manufacturers.
The baker Pietro Ferrero, whose name was later taken by the famous producer of the product, is considered to be the author of the unique recipe of the dessert. The story behind the creation of the product is fascinating: during World War II, the enterprising baker simply decided to make up for the lack of cocoa in the preparation of chocolate by adding ground hazelnuts. The experiment was a success, and the dessert quickly spread to all countries and continents. Sweet eaters liked the product so much that it was spread on bread and waffles, and some people ate it with spoons.
The manufacturer of the product is currently in the process of assigning it the status of "breakfast topping," although according to the existing classification Nutella is in the list of desserts.
For most consumers, the change in classification group may not seem significant, although it is the category of the product that determines how its nutritional value is perceived by people.
Composition and calories
The manufacturer of the famous dessert, i.e. the Ferrero company, is very proud of its child, claiming that the spread contains only natural ingredients. In the paste there are no preservatives and synthetic dyes, which distinguishes Nutella from other delicacies. But the value of the composition is determined not only by these criteria. The list of the main components of the composition includes:
- Cocoa. Only beans grown in the western regions of Africa are used for production.
- Milk powder. Only skimmed product resulting from the processing of pasteurized milk is used. The advantage of powdered milk is that it has a longer shelf life and does not need to be refrigerated during pasta production.
- Sugar. This component accounts for most of the composition. Any kind of sugar is used to make the paste: cane sugar, beet sugar, refined sugar.
- Palm oil. The mere mention of this product today makes many consumers wary because it is considered dangerous to health. But like many other products, palm oil comes in many forms. For Nutella paste, the manufacturer uses a special palm oil processing technology that eliminates the presence of harmful trans fats. The content of this ingredient, which has been certified, provides the product with a proprietary stable texture and a long shelf life.
- Soy lecithin. By its nature this component is an emulsifier, that is, it "binds" all other ingredients. It is obtained from soybeans. Due to the fat content of soy lecithin, it gives a homogeneous consistency to the paste.
- Vanillin. Nutella dessert contains synthesized vanilla extract.
- Nuts. The naturalness of this component is not to be doubted. Usually for the preparation of a dessert takes hazelnuts. The manufacturer claims there are about 50 chopped hazelnuts in each jar of the sweet treat.
Although Nutella Italian delicacy contains a synthetic flavor additive in the form of vanillin, the other ingredients are of natural origin. The product contains no corn syrup, no hydrogenated oils, i.e. everything that causes understandable concern in the population. Combined with the affordable cost, these characteristics make the dessert attractive to a wide range of consumers.
Having acquainted with the composition, you can proceed to assess the nutritional and useful qualities of the sweet product:
Although the manufacturer itself emphasizes the content of natural nuts in the product, when studying the label it is noticeable that the first in the list of components is sugar. It accounts for as much as 57% of the total composition.
Fats also make up an impressive portion of the composition (31 g), but proteins are few - about 7 g in a hundred-gram serving of dessert.
At the same time, the caloric value of such a serving is 530 kcal. As they say, no comments.
But on the other hand it is difficult, although possible, to eat 100 grams of sweet and viscous pasta in one sitting. Therefore, nutritionists recommend the daily rate, equal to 2 tsp, to all adult fans of the famous product. This amount is optimal for a hearty breakfast, if Nutella paste is simply spread on a piece of white bread.
What is Nutella good for?
Familiarized with the composition and nutritional value of a popular confectionery product, you can begin to study its useful properties.
In recent years, the philistine environment has formed a strong opinion that Nutella is more harmful, if not even dangerous, product than useful. But in reality, this opinion is incorrect. After all, any product that appears daily on our table, if consumed in excess, will strike a blow to our health. The same is true for chocolate and peanut treats. If you consume the dessert in moderation, nothing bad will happen.
In addition, if you use the product rationally, the body, on the contrary, will benefit, because nuts contain a full range of vitamins, many minerals, fiber and other important for the proper functioning of all systems. So, a hearty breakfast with an Italian dessert will provide the body with energy for the whole day, and the content of chocolate will improve your mood.
If the dessert contains palm oil and sugar, which are two controversial ingredients, you may want to consider using homemade pasta. There is a huge number of such recipes today. There are even variations of Nutella homemade pasta recipes with minimal calories for slimming individuals.
Some of the positives of the famous brand's product should be recalled in numbers:
- The fiber content in two large spoonfuls of the dessert is 1 g, which is 4% of the daily requirement of the female body and 3% of the male body. Fiber is known to improve intestinal motility and even lower cholesterol.
- Calcium and iron are necessary for the strength of the bone skeleton, normal hemoglobin levels, strong teeth, and cardiovascular function. Scientists at the University of Maryland have proven that the presence of these two elements of the Mendeleev Table in foods reduces the risk of strokes and cancer. True, the branded product contains little calcium and magnesium - only 4% of the required daily portion for an adult.
Now separately consider the benefits of the original product and home cooking options for certain populations.
Since the representatives of the beautiful half of humanity are most concerned about a beautiful figure and preservation of attractiveness, a diet saturated with sweets is forbidden for them. But sometimes, a couple of times a week can afford to eat a light porridge for breakfast, seasoned pasta Nutella, or fruit salad. But, in order not to take risks, it is better to choose a variant of homemade treats, where you can replace the dangerous ingredients with healthy ones: for example, instead of the "insidious" palm oil take a butter or vegetable product, instead of sugar add honey. If you still increase a little portion of nuts, a delicious dessert will turn into a source of useful vitamins and minerals.
Although men are not inclined to eat sweets, sometimes their stamina also "breaks through" the desire to eat the forbidden product. And such unworthy deeds they commit most often in secret, so as not to notice the housewives. Pasta Nutella for such gastronomic exploits fit most of all. And no man will study the composition of the product, thinking about the harm of extra calories. In order not to provoke the stronger sex to commit such deeds, it is best to prepare them a homemade version of a safe treat according to the following recipe:
- raw hazelnuts - 250 g;
- wedge syrup - a third of cup;
- sea salt - a pinch;
- cocoa (powder) - 50 gr;
- A little vanillin and a little water.
First you need to remove the husks from the nuts, and then heat them in the oven, beat them with a blender. As a result, you will get an oily mass, which should be combined with syrup, add the other components from the list. As a sweetener you can use a small amount of natural honey. Such a homemade treat will strengthen the immune system, increase a man's performance, and improve potency. The product can be stored for a week in the refrigerator, adding it to porridge, eating it with fruit, spreading it on whole-grain bread.
Women in the delicate situation is always drawn to the special frills in the diet: some manifest craving for salty, and others are ready to absorb such sweets as Nutella spoonfuls. Expectant mothers in the second category can be advised to cook chocolate paste without the content of nuts, because this product can cause constipation, which is undesirable for pregnant women. The composition of the homemade dessert is very simple:
- flour and cocoa powder - 4 tbsp. each:
- butter - 50 g;
- milk - 2 cups;
- sugar - 1.5 cups, but you can reduce the portion.
First of all, mix the loose components, then add the milk. Cook the mixture on low heat until it thickens. At the end of the process add oil.
Such a product will satisfy the gastronomic needs of the future mother and will not harm the fetus.
The main task of any breastfeeding mother is to take care of quality nutrition for the baby. But not all women have sufficient breast milk production, and strict dietary requirements do not allow the inclusion in the diet of many products that increase lactation. Achieve the desired goal by including in the diet Nutella nut paste, made from the following products:
- hazelnut - 250 g;
- Cocoa (sugar-free) - 4 tbsp;
- honey or agave - 4 tbsp;
- almond milk - half cup;
- vanilla - on the tip of a knife.
To make the nuts softer, they should be soaked overnight. Then using a blender you need to grind all the ingredients. The result should be a creamy substance, to which gradually add milk. Make sure that the product does not turn out liquid. The paste prepared according to this recipe is rich in healthy fats, minerals and vitamins. The delicacy is quite high in proteins and flavonoids. A product with such a harmoniously selected formula will not cause allergic reactions, and the mother's milk is saturated with all the necessary components for the growth and development of the baby.
It's hard to find a child who would have refused a sweet. This explains the increased love of the younger generation to Nutella. Kids, and schoolchildren do not mind to empty a jar with a treat at once. So that children are not upset by such behavior, parents should prepare for their offspring a safe treat of any nuts, honey, butter and cocoa powder. All of these ingredients are readily available at any store. And most importantly, they are all natural. The only thing left is to mix everything and bring it to a paste with a blender.
The profitability of this option of preparing a sweet addition to the diet is obvious: first, it will cost less than buying a branded delicacy, secondly - this paste is suitable for eating the whole family, and the third advantage - a set of useful ingredients and low glycemic index.
When losing weight
Although nuts are useful, but it is a very caloric product. For people who pursue the goal of weight loss, Nutella nutty-chocolate dessert is not suitable precisely because of its high fat content. Such characters should take advantage of a vegetarian recipe for making Italian pasta.
For this you will need:
- peeled hazelnuts - 0, 4 kg;
- cocoa - 5 tbsp;
- coconut oil - about 7 tbsp;
- natural vanilla - one pod;
- honey - 8 tbsp;
- salt - a pinch.
After grinding all the ingredients with a blender, they must be combined. The output should be about 0.5 kg of natural, healthy product, which you can safely include in your diet for weight loss. The components contained in the product will improve your metabolism, as well as saturate your body with vital vitamins and minerals. Of course, even such a useful product should not be eaten by spoonfuls.
Note: hazelnuts can be replaced by almonds without affecting the taste and quality of the treat, vanilla by cinnamon, and instead of honey, take maple syrup.
Harm and contraindications
The main disadvantage of the original dessert produced by the Ferrero company is the prohibitive level of sugars. It is this factor that provokes the development of obesity at a young age. Therefore, the portion of the treat for little sweet tooth should be limited. For a single use, 2 tbsp. of confectionery miracle is enough, which will be about 200 kcal in terms of energy content. However, this amount covers the daily norm of sugar and for women.
In addition to sugar, fats and palm oil are also dangerous. Given all the risk factors listed above, a logical conclusion can be made: it is best to make your own pasta by choosing any of the recipes below. The safety of such a product will be higher, and its total cost is much lower than the original Nutella paste.
The absolute contraindication for the use of such a controversial product can be an individual intolerance of nuts and any component of the composition. You should be very careful about the consumption of such desserts if you are prone to allergic reactions and obesity.
How to store Nutella after opening
When choosing a product, it is necessary to proceed from the needs in this product. If everyone in the family loves to enjoy a chocolate-nutty miracle, you can safely buy the dessert in a large jar. For the gastronomic needs of one person, a container of 180 grams is enough, although it is more profitable to buy large jars. But this choice always raises the question of preservation of the product. There are a few rules, following which you can enjoy the taste of your favorite treat for a long time.
- Store the sweet product in a glass container with a tightly sealed lid.
- The ideal place for storage is a refrigerator shelf.
- The product home-made should be protected from contact with the air, so that it does not spoil.
- Do not cook the treat in large portions.
- In any case, homemade pasta is recommended to eat quickly, because it has no preservatives.
- To make homemade analogues of the famous pasta, you can use any nuts, but the original and delicate taste is obtained with cashews.
Note: Nutella paste in any variant of preparation cannot be considered an equal substitute for nut paste. They are completely different products. Nutella butter has a higher nutritional value than spread.
How to Make Nutella at Home
Of course, it is much easier to buy a jar of Nutella in the store with a bright label. But studying the composition of the product, and sometimes its cost, makes many buyers think about making their own sweet additive. Although many are alarmed that this process will take a long time, in fact delicious, and most importantly - healthy pasta can be prepared very quickly. You only need to follow the instructions and prepare a set of products specified in the recipe. Spending a minimum of time, any hostess will be sure that the product she cooks is nutritious and safe. As an example, here are a few recipes for homemade Nutella with a minimum list of ingredients.
This variant is very similar to the classic recipe for the nutella-chocolate product. The main ingredients of the composition:
- cocoa (powder) - 2 tbsp;
- 1 cup peeled walnuts;
- eggs - 2 pcs;
- butter - about 1 tsp;
- vanillin - a pinch;
- milk - 0,4 l;
- sugar - 600 gr;
- flour - 4 tbsp.
If you don't have walnuts you can substitute with peanuts or hazelnuts.
When all the product set will be on the table, you can proceed to the preparation of a delicious treat for the little members of the family. But immediately we want to draw attention to an important point: the eggs and butter should be taken out of the refrigerator in advance. So, the steps of the home cook are as follows:
- The first thing to do is to pour sugar into a saucepan and beat the eggs there. Beat the mixture with a mixer, but you can do with an ordinary whisk.
- When the sugar crystals have completely dissolved, add flour in small portions. At the same time, you should constantly stir the mass.
- Then, enter the cocoa powder. And you need to add exactly the specified amount. If you exceed the dosage recommended in the recipe, the paste will turn out with a bitter taste. Next in line are the nuts, and then the rest of the food components.
- The well-mixed mass without lumps directly in a saucepan put on minimum heat. It is necessary to stir the mass, without ceasing, so that it does not stick. Cook the dessert in this mode for 20 minutes.
- When the consistency acquires the desired thickness, remove the dessert from the stove.
- Ready dessert immediately distribute in jars. Now a stock of deliciousness the family will be provided for several days.
A classic recipe
In this recipe, the main component is cocoa. It is he who gives the final product a rich hue and chocolate flavor. And the role of natural thickeners is given to flour and sugar. Any nuts can be used. List of ingredients:
- flour in a/c - 4 tbsp;
- sugar - 4 cups;
- cocoa - 6 tbsp;
- butter - 250 gr;
- nuts and milk (fat) - 4 cups each component;
- pinch of salt.
All listed products must be of excellent quality.
The sequence of culinary steps:
- In a deep bowl, first mix together the flour, cocoa and sugar.
- Add the milk while constantly stirring the mixture obtained in the first step.
- Then put the container with the contents on an extremely low heat. Stir continuously until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Now enter into the composition of the future paste chopped nuts with a blender, salt, add butter.
- In this state, keep the dessert on the fire for at least 20 minutes.
- When the product reaches the desired thickness, remove the pot from the stove.
- After cooling, transfer the paste to jars with lids. At the output you get about 400 g of pure product.
Recipe for dessert without nuts
This recipe will come in handy for those who are allergic to nuts. The homemade pasta will include the following products:
- flour - 3 tbsp;
- vanillin - 1 gr;
- sugar - 6 tablespoons;
- cocoa powder - 2 tbsp;
- milk - 0,6 l;
- butter - 60 gr.
Sequence of operations:
- Pour the sifted flour into a bowl with a non-stick bottom, then add the sugar and cocoa.
- Use a blender or a whisk to mix these ingredients, and then add the milk.
- Now put the mixture on a very low heat.
- With constant stirring, cook the treat for about 15 minutes, until the consistency becomes slightly thick. Be sure to keep in mind that the mass will thicken even more as it solidifies.
- Add vanilla and butter to the hot dessert.
You can give a lot of other interesting recipes for cooking homemade Nutella from a set of inexpensive products. This is a recipe that is easy to prepare, and does not require a lot of time. But you get a healthy and hearty addition to your daily diet, which is sure to please little and big family members.
What to eat Nutella with
As you can see from the recipes above, homemade Nutella can be a great addition to breakfast. The delicious pasta can be used to make not only sandwiches, but also a whole range of dishes.
- So the manufacturer of the treat - the Ferrero company - has recently started to produce the pasta in a set with crispy sticks. This combination is also excellent for a hearty snack or breakfast.
- The assortment of sweet products of this company includes sticks with chocolate and nut filling. It is not uncommon for Nutella pasta to appear on the menus of reputable restaurants.
- It is added to ice cream and cocktails, used to fill muffins and pancakes.
- With whipped cream the dessert is used to flavour cakes and pastries.
- Extremely delicious are obtained complemented with a chocolate-hazelnut delicacy croissants, rolls, yogurts.
There are many more options for the culinary use of the famous sweet. And this collection is constantly being updated with new interesting discoveries.
- Italians are so fond of the confectionary miracle created by their compatriot that they even mention the delicacy in songs, and also show it in movies.
- The Americans also decided to keep up with the European creatives: one of the fans of the delicacy suggested celebrating February 5 as Nutella Pasta Day. By the way, many people supported this unusual initiative.
- And this fact will make all lovers of nature think about it. In the production of the popular product takes almost a quarter of all the nuts in the world.
- Since its inception, the dessert had the complicated name "Janduya". But then they decided to rename it to simplify the pronunciation.
- Although even children are happy to repeat the product's name, it is not possible to name a child Nutella, as the brand is protected by the manufacturer's copyrights.
- And lastly, a truly incendiary fact - because of its high fat content, the paste is classified as a highly flammable material. It burns beautifully, which means it can cause a fire.
In conclusion, we can only add that, although it is difficult to resist the nutty-chocolate temptation, Nutella pasta should be treated as a dessert that can be indulged in a couple of times a week. After all, even tasty foods should be consumed in strictly limited quantities so they don't harm your health.
«Important: All information on this site is provided solely for introductory purposes. Consult with a specialist before applying any recommendations. specialist before using any of the recommendations. Neither the editors nor the authors shall be held liable for any possible harm caused by materials."