Cucumber juice: useful properties and contraindications
On store shelves today you can find a wide range of exotic products, against which such a vegetable as cucumber is lost. Although from the juice of this culture the benefits for the body are much more, if it is used correctly. Cucumbers for such a remedy must be local, grown on the bed and must be fresh. If the crop is grown out of season, treated with chemicals, then all the poisons will be collected in the fruits of such a plant, so they will not do any good. Only ecologically pure cucumbers grown in the summer have medicinal properties.
- Composition and calories
- Useful properties of cucumber juice
- General benefits
- For Women
- For Men
- In Pregnancy
- For children
- When losing weight
- Cucumber Juice in Medicine
- Using Cucumber Juice in Cosmetology
- For Face
- For Hair
- Harm and Contraindications
- How to Store Cucumber Juice
- Can I Freeze?
- How to Make Cucumber Juice
- Interesting facts about cucumbers
The plant belongs to the family Pumpkin, is heat-loving, has the ability to spread the stalks. Under certain conditions, each leaf axil produces one or more flowers, from which cucumbers later emerge.
Scientists have found out that in times when there was no physiological solution yet, it was the useful qualities of cucumber juice that were used to remove toxic substances and treat dehydration.
The healing properties of biologically active substances are retained in the liquid for two more hours after making the drink, other useful substances continue to be in the juice for two days. During this time, the drink should be used up or canned in a timely manner.
It has been proven that even bitter cucumbers can be used to produce juice. They are found to contain components that help cleanse liver cells and slow down the development of tumor cells.
Composition and calories
- The composition of cucumber juice contains almost all representatives of the B vitamins. They have the ability to strengthen the nervous system, have a positive effect on the organs of vision, skin, hair and nail plates.
- Vitamins A and E are the main antioxidants, which also help maintain youth and beauty, as well as support the work of the body's protective shell.
- Ascorbic acid strengthens the immune system, protecting people from colds and viral diseases.
- Vitamin PP in the composition of such a drink is involved in the formation of hemoglobin.
- Biotin is involved in metabolism.
- Mineral compounds found in the vegetable squeeze ensure the vital functions of all cells and support metabolic processes. Potassium improves the cardiovascular and excretory systems. Magnesium and phosphorus are effective for insomnia, helping to improve sleep, get rid of stress, anxiety and irritability. The high concentration of iodine regulates the endocrine system, protecting the body from thyroid disease.
The caloric value of cucumber drink is only 14 kcal per 100 grams.
Useful properties of cucumber juice
- Cucumber juice normalizes metabolism, maintains water balance, reduces weight and has a diuretic effect.
- The drink is characterized by a rich vitamin composition. Contained in it useful substances quickly enter the digestive organs, the therapeutic effect is achieved after a week of use.
- Often a person does not have time or simply forgets to take the right amount of water, so the juice of such a vegetable will help to maintain water balance and perfectly saturate the body with the necessary liquid.
- In addition, cucumber squeeze is widely used in the field of cosmetology. It is known for such properties of the product, thanks to which you can get rid of swellings and abrasions. Also, such a product is used in obtaining a mask for hair, as a result of which their growth is stimulated.
- With the help of cucumber drink you can get rid of unpleasant odor in the mouth. To do this, it is enough to drink 150 ml of liquid. Already after a few minutes, the smell will disappear.
- This product also helps in the fight against excess weight. Almost 95% of the vegetable consists of water and has low calories, which makes it indispensable not only for weight loss, but also for maintaining weight at a certain level. Juice has the ability to remove toxins, reduce cholesterol and blood glucose levels.
- It is also worth noting the diuretic effect of cucumber juice. When using such a product, the level of potassium and sodium in the body is regulated. Freshly prepared cucumber squeeze has a mild laxative effect, which makes it useful for constipation.
- To saturate the body with moisture and provide it with all the necessary vitamins and minerals, it is recommended to consume a glass of juice three to four times a week.
Cucumber and juice from it have a lot of useful properties. However, women especially appreciate some of them. First of all, as already mentioned, the product is low-calorie, it helps to process in the body fatty foods, improves metabolism. Such properties of the drink have a beneficial effect on the general well-being and figure. Often such a product is present in the observance of various diets.
Another valuable characteristic of the drink is its positive effect on the skin and hair. The juice of the vegetable is present in various cosmetics, in folk recipes that will help to strengthen hair follicles, make curls shiny and silky. Also cucumber pulp improves the condition of the skin. Such a remedy is used for acne, in the presence of black dots. In addition, cucumber drink can eliminate fine wrinkles and whiten the dermis.
It is enough to drink freshly squeezed cucumber drink in the first half of the day to tone the body, reduce appetite, remove toxins and toxic elements, as well as normalize the hormonal background. The product is recommended for use with heavy periods. During menopause, the juice reduces the frequency of hot flashes.
The juice of the cucumber fruit has a similar effect on the male body. The drink helps to lose extra pounds and protect against possible obesity. The male half of mankind is more exposed to toxins and detergents, so this vegetable drink will be a great way to cleanse the body.
The main benefit of cucumber squeeze for men's health is its effect on the hormonal background. Regular use of the juice normalizes the synthesis of testosterone and prevents hair loss.
When carrying a fetus, a woman should be especially careful about her diet. Of course, in such a situation, it is better to consult with a specialist about the different foods. As for cucumber, this vegetable has almost no contraindications for use, so it can be a great addition to the menu of expectant mothers.
Cucumber drink is able to eliminate edema due to the presence of structural water in the vegetable. Due to potassium, the blood pressure of a pregnant woman is normalized. Also, the juice improves the digestion process, thanks to the fiber content, it gets rid of constipation, which women often have to deal with during this period.
The vegetable contains iron, which also benefits the body of the future mother, as it protects against anemia associated with a deficit of this element. The product helps to strengthen the bone system of the woman and the developing fetus. Ascorbic acid in cucumber juice can strengthen the body's defense function.
During breastfeeding, cucumber and its products are also useful for a woman, but in this case, it is necessary to monitor the reaction of the baby. Even if it is very rare, but still there may be an allergic reaction in the child. The use of juice mother can provoke colic and stool disorders in the baby.
It is recommended that a woman introduce vegetable juice into her diet after the baby is three months old. By this age, the gastrointestinal tract of children is usually strengthened. To begin with, you should try a small amount of the product and observe how the baby feels.
Give children cucumber juice, of course, it is possible. Such a drink will protect against anemia, strengthen the child's nervous system and thyroid gland. In addition, the product is able to strengthen the muscle and bone tissue of the growing child's body.
Include the drink in the child's diet can be from one year, with the first portion should be small, then the amount of juice can be gradually increased.
When losing weight
Cucumber and juice prepared from it is able to cleanse the body, as it has a diuretic and laxative effect. This leads to improved metabolism and, consequently, to weight loss. You can carry out days of unloading only on the juice of this vegetable or mix it with pomace from other fruits. Cucumber drink is combined with tomatoes and carrots. Such a cocktail will be indispensable for weight loss. For the effectiveness of such a diet, it is recommended to prepare juice at home, using fresh and environmentally friendly vegetables.
Cucumber juice in medicine
- Cucumber juice is able to satisfy the body's need for substances that it needs for normal functioning. In addition, such a product has the ability to reduce pain, reduce fever and regulate blood pressure.
- Cucumber mixture will help in protecting the body from colds. The product has a sorbent property, so it is recommended for use with various poisonings.
- Juice from such vegetables is a universal remedy, which is used for the therapy and prevention of a number of diseases. The combination of juice with honey treats coughs, liquefying sputum and promoting its removal, has antimicrobial properties.
- The product strengthens the walls of blood vessels, making them more elastic, acts as a preventive agent for atherosclerosis and heart ischemia.
- With slow metabolism and symptoms of obesity drink will help to activate the material metabolism and improve digestion. Fiber in this liquid quickly satiates the body. Useful substances contribute to the removal of toxins, excess fluid, "bad" cholesterol.
- The drink makes bone tissue denser and replenishes calcium reserves in the body. It also helps to normalize the acid-base balance, neutralizes the effect of hydrochloric acid in the stomach, has an enveloping effect, eliminating heartburn, and works as a sorbent.
- Vegetable composition allows you to restore the normal consistency of stools, facilitates the process of bowel emptying, which ultimately helps to cope with constipation.
- In addition, this product is characterized by the ability to regenerate skin cells, so it can be used in the presence of various wounds, cuts, thermal and chemical burns.
With gastritis with increased gastric acidity, you should not use cucumber drink. Such a product promotes acidity, which will only worsen the condition and slow the healing process.
Gastritis with reduced acidity is also a contraindication to the use of juice. This is due to the fact that during the exacerbation of the disease, the product can increase gastric and intestinal peristalsis, which will aggravate the inflammatory process and prolong the recovery of the organ shell.
With such a disease as gout, the inclusion of cucumber juice in the diet of the patient is acceptable. Such a drink will help to remove uric acid from the body, the content of which leads to the occurrence of such a pathology.
Cucumber Juice and Its Applications in Cosmetology
Cucumber is an essential component of a large number of products that are used in cosmetology. The presence of folic acid in the vegetable can get rid of acne, cure inflammation and eliminate rashes. In addition, cucumber pomace is characterized by the ability to whiten the skin for pigmentation. The rejuvenating properties of this product are also known. Almost never such a product will cause an allergy, so it can be used by everyone.
For the face
To prepare a nourishing lotion at home, you should take for this fresh and safe vegetables, grown in your garden without the use of various chemicals. You can prepare a universal lotion, which is suitable for all skin types, or make a cosmetic for a specific type.
- To prepare a universal remedy, you can use the juice of one cucumber, in which you must then add green tea. The resulting mass should be infused, after which it can be used to apply to the face.
- Cucumber mask is able to tone, moisturize, rejuvenate and eliminate pigmentation and various rashes. The easiest way to use the vegetable is to crush it, that is, to extract the juice from it and apply it to the pre-cleaned face. Such a mask should be kept for about 30 minutes.
If the mask contains other components, it is recommended to check the skin for allergies before use. To do this, you need to put a drop of such a product on the wrists, hold for 15-20 minutes and then wash off. If no irritation appeared, then the mask can be safely used.
Before preparing the juice for application to the face, experts advise to thoroughly wash and dry the vegetable, cool and only after that use.
After rubbing the cucumber drink into the hair, the curls acquire a natural shine. Such a remedy prevents baldness, hair breakage and hair sectioning. The juice of such vegetables has a lot of potassium and sulfur, which are indispensable for healthy hair.
- You can prepare a mask that will help to restore the health of the hair. To do this, you need to mix a squeeze of two cucumbers and three tablespoons of sour cream. The resulting mixture should be applied to the hair, thoroughly massaged and insulated with a film. The mask should be kept for 30 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- Also popular is a recipe for cucumber hair rinse. For its preparation you will need to mix in equal quantities the juice of cucumber, spinach and carrots. This mass should be diluted with water in a ratio of 1:1. After washing your head with regular shampoo, you need to rinse your hair with vegetable rinse, then you need to wear a cap and hold the cosmetic for an hour. After this time, the mask should be washed off.
Harms and contraindications
In addition to a large list of positive properties, this product still has some contraindications. It is better to refuse the use of cucumber juice if there are diseases of the digestive tract. Gastritis with high levels of acidity, stomach ulcers, the period of breastfeeding, as well as pathologies in which there is an alkalization of the body are indications for limiting the intake of such a drink.
It is worth noting that the inclusion in the diet of such a vegetable delicacy should be carried out in season. Harvested vegetables out of season can harm the human body, because they contain in their composition dangerous chemicals that are used to stimulate growth.
Limit the use of cucumber product is necessary in diseases of the urinary organs and intestines. This is due to the fact that the juice can have a diuretic and laxative effect.
How to store cucumber juice
Freshly prepared squeeze of cucumber fruits can be stored in the refrigerator for no more than one day. However, it is recommended to drink it immediately after preparation. To increase the shelf life of such a healing drink, you can preserve it by preparing preparations for the winter. In this form the juice can last a year.
Can it be frozen
To preserve for a long time a healthy drink prepared in the summer from homemade cucumbers, you can freeze it. Before cooking, the vegetables should be thoroughly washed and only then get a squeeze out of them. The ready juice should be poured into plastic containers or bags designed for ice, and put on the freezer shelf for a couple of hours. Next, the formed cubes can be transferred to simple polyethylene bags.
Such ice from cucumber juice can be used for cosmetic purposes for the face. Also such cubes can be used to obtain vegetable cocktails in winter, combining them with other vegetables. This frozen preparation is stored for 12 months at 18 degrees below zero.
How to make cucumber juice
Before using the vegetable drink for medicinal purposes, it should be properly prepared so that it retains all the useful qualities of the cucumber. To prepare two glasses of juice you will need three large vegetables. First, cucumbers should be washed, remove the skin and cut out the tips. Peeled fruits should be chopped using a blender, food processor, or you can just grind them with a meat grinder or use a fine grater.
Of the resulting mass to squeeze the liquid part, using a strainer or gauze cloth. It is convenient to use a juicer, which will quickly cope with the task.
The vegetable product is stored for no more than two days, but it is better to drink it fresh and chilled. To improve the taste, you can add a small amount of honey to the drink.
Interesting facts about cucumbers
- We use the word "cucumber" from the ancient Greek "agouros," which means "unripe.
- In Ecuador, a variety of cucumber is cultivated that is more similar in size to zucchini, but their zucchini, on the other hand, are the size of the cucumbers we are used to.
- Small spikes can be found on the vegetables. They serve to remove excess fluid from the fruit. Early in the morning you can notice a drop of dew at the tip of each spike.
- In the faraway Pacific Islands, cucumbers are considered a real delicacy. The locals wrap these vegetables in banana leaves and bury them in the soil. This is how they make a small supply of food for themselves in case of a storm or bad harvest season.
«Important: All information on this site is for informational purposes only. information on this site is for informational purposes only. Please consult your health care professional before applying any recommendations. specialist. Neither the editors nor the authors are liable for any possible harm caused by materials."