Soya flour: useful properties and contraindications
Soybean meal is a popular food product, which is made by grinding soybeans, seeds, cake and meal to powder. It is widely used for the preparation of vegetarian and conventional dishes, which is easily explained by the rich composition of this unique product and the huge benefits for the human body, which can be obtained with its regular use.
- Types of soy flour
- Composition and calories
- How Soya Flour Benefits
- Benefits of Soya Flour for Weight Loss
- Soya Flour Application in Beauty Therapy
- Harms and Contraindications
- How to Make Soya Flour at Home
- What can be made of soy flour: Recipes
- Tofu Cheese
- Soy Bread
- Soy milk
- Interesting Facts about Soy
Soya Flour Types
Soybean flour is divided into several varieties, which differ from each other in the degree of grinding:
- Skimmed. Soybean meal or meal is used to make this type.
- Nonfattened. This kind of soybean meal is made from the beans of this plant, cleaned of the oilcake.
- Skimmed. It is made by crushing soybeans. In the process, the oilcake and meal are not removed and are ground together with the beans.
Soybean meal can have different shades. Its color depends directly on the variety and can be white, creamy, yellow, orange.
Composition and calories
Soybean meal contains a huge number of nutrients, which explains its positive impact on the human body. In 100 grams of this unique product there are:
- 6.0 µg of vitamin A.
- 72.0 micrograms of beta-carotene.
- 2.0 mg of vitamin E.
- 70.0 µg of vitamin K.
- 0.6 mg of vitamin B1.
- 1.2 mg of vitamin B2.
- 4.3 mg of vitamin B3.
- 190.6 mg of vitamin B4.
- 1.6 mg of vitamin B5.
- 0.5 mg of vitamin B6.
- 345.0 mcg of vitamin B9.
- 206.0 mg of calcium.
- 7.5 µg of selenium.
- 6.4 mg of iron.
- 2.3 mg of manganese.
- 429.0 mg magnesium.
- 2.9 mg copper.
- 494.0 mg phosphorus.
- 3.9 mg zinc.
- 2,515.0 mg potassium.
- 13.0 mg of sodium.
As for calories - 100 g of soybean meal contains 291 calories.
What is soy flour good for?
Due to its rich composition, when consumed regularly, soy flour is able to have a positive effect on the human body. It:
- Prevents the development of urolithiasis.
- It improves the metabolism.
- Significantly reduces the risks of diseases affecting the musculoskeletal system.
- Normalizes the work of the cardiovascular system.
- Promotes the elimination of bad cholesterol from the body.
- Reduces the level of sugar in the blood, which makes it an indispensable product for those who suffer from various stages of diabetes.
- Helps the metabolism of fats, contributing to weight loss.
- Prevents premature aging of the whole body.
- Takes the accumulated toxins and free radicals out of the human body.
In addition, due to the absence of animal protein in soy flour, it is allowed for consumption by those who suffer from allergies to this type of protein. Soy has unique properties and can completely replace meat, fish and dairy products.
The benefits of soy flour for weight loss
Flour and other products made from soybeans contain not only minimal calories, but also many vitamins and minerals. Although soy's ability to promote weight loss has not been confirmed by scientific research, many nutritionists advise including it in dietary menus.
The usefulness of soy flour as a dietary product is hard to overestimate. It includes a valuable vegetable protein, fatty acids, many vitamins of different groups and minerals. Thanks to such a rich composition it can not only saturate the body with all the microelements necessary for its normal functioning, but also:
- Normalize metabolism, including fats and lipids, which will help reduce weight and keep it from returning.
- Prevent the accumulation of harmful cholesterol.
- Remove toxins and toxins, which will help to cleanse and revitalize the body.
On this basis, we can safely say that this valuable product can be included in the dietary menu.
Use of soybean meal in cosmetology
Soy and its derivatives are widely used for the manufacture of many cosmetic products. This is easily explained by the presence in the composition of this product a large number of vitamins and other useful substances. Treatments based on soybean meal can not only nourish but also rejuvenate and strengthen the skin, stimulating the natural production of collagen.
According to experienced beauticians, masks that include soy flour have a particularly good effect on the skin of mature women. They can normalize the production of female hormones and hyaluronic acid, which leads to rejuvenation, renewal and recovery of the skin.
One of the most popular home recipes, the basis of which is soy flour, is considered a strengthening mask. Only a few ingredients are needed to make it:
- Soy bean flour;
- purified water.
Mix the flour with warm water to a paste-like consistency and apply the resulting mass on the skin of the face and neck. The mask should remain on the skin for 20-25 minutes. At the end of this time wash it off with cool water. Such a cosmetic will help to strengthen the skin of the face and neck, and with regular use, even smooth fine lines and wrinkles.
No less popular cosmetic is also a rejuvenating mask of soy flour and sour milk products. To make it, you need to take:
- any kind of soy flour;
- grape seed oil.
Mix all the ingredients so that the mask has the consistency of cream, and apply it to the skin of the face. When the first layer dries, apply a second layer and leave the mask on your face until it dries. The product should be removed with clean, dry hands, rolling it up with massaging movements. Such a mask nourishes and saturates the skin with vitamins, stimulates the production of collagen and improves the color of the skin.
Cosmetologists do not recommend using home cosmetics without first checking for allergic reactions. To check the reaction of the skin to a particular agent, you should apply a small amount to the inner side of the elbow bend and wait 5-10 minutes. If after removing the cosmetic redness, rashes or other unpleasant symptoms appeared on the skin, it is not recommended to use the mask. It can provoke a serious allergy, which will require a long, medicated treatment.
Harms and contraindications
Soybean meal, like any other product, can have both positive and negative effects on the human body. Excessive, uncontrolled consumption of crushed soybeans can provoke:
- endocrine system disorders;
- premature aging of the skin and the body;
- serious, negative changes in the cerebral circulation;
- the development of pathologies such as Alzheimer's disease;
- premature birth;
- development of an ectopic pregnancy;
- miscarriage in the early stages of pregnancy;
- male and female infertility.
Doctors advise to completely eliminate this product from your diet:
- People suffering from diseases of the endocrine system. In this case, the use of this product will lead to the development of obesity, constant weakness and constipation.
- Patients with urolithiasis. Ignoring this contraindication will lead to the formation of kidney stones and the deterioration of the general condition.
- Men who have low testosterone levels. Soy will only worsen the condition, it has a negative effect on the production of this hormone, reducing reproductive function.
- Women who are carrying a child. Soybeans and their derivatives have a negative effect on the fetus and may cause premature labor or miscarriage.
- Children. Pediatricians forbid introducing soy into children's menus. The grounds for this ban are many studies that have proven that soy products can disrupt the hormonal background of the baby, provoke the development of pancreatic diseases and gastrointestinal disorders.
Soy flour is undoubtedly a valuable product that can saturate the body with useful substances, but only if it is consumed correctly. Excessive consumption of soy bean flour or ignoring contraindications will lead to the development of serious disorders in the human body.
How to make soy flour at home
Soy flour can be useful only if it is made from natural beans. Buying this product in a supermarket or store, the buyer can not be sure of its quality. For this reason, many housewives wonder whether it is possible to make soy flour at home. The answer is unambiguous and positive. At the same time to make this unique product does not need too much time and effort.
To make soy flour at home, you need only one ingredient - natural soybeans. The preparation consists of several steps:
- Removing the oil. Before you start grinding the beans, it is necessary to remove the oil from them. In production conditions this is done with the help of special equipment. However, when making soy flour at home, a regular blender or meat grinder can be used for this purpose. You need to run the soybeans through one of these kitchen appliances and squeeze out the oil with a small piece of cloth or tissue.
- Drying. The next step involves drying the beans in the oven. At the same time, the lid of the oven should be kept ajar. The condition of the beans will indicate that you can proceed to the next stage of making soy flour. They will become dry and crumbly.
- Grinding. You can grind the bean cake into flour using a coffee grinder.
- Final drying. The final step in preparation is to dry the flour at room temperature.
When making soybean meal at home, it is important to pay attention to the fact that the beans should be ground at low speed. Otherwise they will overheat, which will change the taste of the finished product.
What you can make with soy flour: recipes
Soy flour is used for the preparation of many dishes. However, most often it serves as the basis for dairy products and baked goods.
Cheese from soy milk is not only useful, but also insanely delicious product. Moreover, it can be prepared at home.
To make tofu cheese, you will need the following ingredients:
- 0.5 kg of soybeans;
- 5 l of purified water;
- 15 grams of salt;
- 50 ml of rice or apple 4.5% vinegar.
Having prepared all the necessary ingredients, you can proceed to the preparation of the cheese:
- Preparation of soy milk. Prepare milk from 0.5 kg of soybeans.
- Heating the milk. Heat the resulting soy milk. This should be done over medium heat, without burning.
- Preparation of the coagulant. You will need a coagulant to make the cheese. It can be obtained by mixing salt, vinegar and 0.5 liters of purified water.
- Combining the coagulant with the milk. The coagulant should be poured in when the soy milk is well heated. The liquid should be stirred continuously.
- Heating the milk. After the coagulant has been introduced, the liquid should continue to be heated. The milk should be taken off the heat before it boils.
- Infusion. The heated liquid should be left for 20 minutes, covering the container with a tight lid.
- Strain. The action of the coagulant will lead to the separation of the curd from the whey. It is necessary to separate them from each other by straining through several layers of gauze.
- Cooling. The curd that remains in the gauze will be the cheese. It should be wrapped in gauze, put under a gauze and leave until it cools.
Tofu cheese is ready. The only thing left is to cut it into small pieces and serve.
It is difficult to find a person who would be indifferent to pancakes. And if many people know about the taste of pancakes made according to the classic recipe, only a few know about the excellent taste of soy pancakes. Try making this delicious dish according to the recipe below and enjoy its unique, flavorful features.
To make one batch of soy pancakes, you need the following products:
- soy bean flour - 50 g;
- hot boiled water - 200 ml;
- chicken egg - 1 pc;
- baking powder - 5 grams;
- a little salt.
The preparation involves the following steps:
- Mix all the ingredients using a mixer.
- Allow the dough to stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Proceed to bake the pancakes, first greasing the frying pan with vegetable oil.
Soy pancakes can be served with any filling. It can be cottage cheese, jam or fresh berries.
Soy flour bread can be a great substitute for the wheat bread that many people are accustomed to. It has a great taste and will be able to saturate the body with many nutrients.
To make soybean bread you will need:
- flour from soybeans - 300 g;
- purified water - 2/3 of a standard cup;
- salt - 0,5 tsp;
- egg - 2 pcs;
- vegetable oil - 150 gr.
Stages of making soy bread:
- Mix all the ingredients and thoroughly knead the dough until it becomes homogeneous.
- Give the dough the desired shape.
- Bake the bread in a multicooker or in an oven on a suitable setting.
Bread should cool completely before using.
Soy milk is one of the most popular foods. It is part of the daily diet not only for vegetarians, but also for those people who suffer from lactose intolerance. At the same time, soy milk is healthy, nutritious and can completely replace cow's milk.
To prepare it you will need:
- 200 g of soybeans;
- 1 liter of purified water;
- a little vanilla.
The preparation of soy milk consists of several steps:
- Cleaning the beans. Before the milk is made, the soybeans should be thoroughly rinsed under cool, running water.
- Soaking. After thoroughly cleaning the beans should be placed in any suitable size container, pour cold water and leave for 8 hours.
- Grinding. After the specified time, you need to drain the liquid and start the process of grinding with a blender. The specified amount of water should be added gradually. In the process of grinding, the liquid will become white in color. At the same time, its consistency should be homogeneous.
- Boiling. The resulting mass should be boiled over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Strain. After the liquid has cooled completely, it is necessary to strain it through gauze. This will help to remove all the cake.
- The final stage. At the end you need to add vanilla.
The soy milk is ready. Keep it in the refrigerator for no longer than a week and enjoy the delicate flavor of this unique product.
Soy flour is not only used to make pancakes and bread. It can be an excellent substitute for wheat flour in the preparation of any baking.
So, for example, to make a dough that is great for homemade cookies, you will need:
- 2 cups of soy bean flour;
- 100 grams of sugar;
- 200 grams of animal oil;
- 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder;
- 1 small pinch of salt.
- Take the butter out of the refrigerator and let it soften a bit.
- Mix it with the sugar, egg and other ingredients, mix thoroughly and proceed to knead the dough.
- While kneading, add sesame seeds, berries or raisins as desired to give the cookies an unusual, unique flavor.
Biscuit dough, which is based on soybean flour, is no less popular.
To make it you will need:
- 200 g of soybean flour;
- 200 grams of wheat flour;
- 3 chicken eggs;
- 60 g of granulated sugar;
- 3 g citric acid;
- 150 ml of purified water.
The process of preparing this dough includes the following steps:
- Separate the whites from the yolks.
- Beat the yolks with the specified amount of sugar.
- In a separate container, whisk the whites and mix them with the yolks.
- Add flour to the mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Add any filling to the soy biscuit dough. Bake it for 15-20 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
Interesting facts about soy
Soya and products made from it have a lot of useful properties, but not many people know about the following facts:
- Soy has a positive effect on heart function. This fact was confirmed as early as 1999. After conducting many studies, scientists have concluded that regular consumption of this product leads to a significant reduction in the risk of coronary artery disease.
- This product is included in infant formula. Despite the fact that pediatricians do not recommend giving babies soy, it is included in many milk formulas, because in this form it is not able to have a serious negative impact on the body of a newborn.
- Soy contains a lot of vegetable protein. The protein content in this product can be up to 50%.
- Soybeans and their derivatives are included in animal feeds. This unique product is included in balanced feeds not only for cats and dogs, but also for cattle.
- Soya products are especially common in China. This country ranks first in the consumption of soy.
- Scientists are still unable to tell the exact time of cultivation of this plant.
- Soybeans are more often genetically modified than other plants.
There is no point in arguing about the benefits of soybean meal and other products made from the beans of this plant. It is a rich source of vitamins and has undeniable health benefits. However, this is possible only if this product is consumed correctly, taking into account all recommendations and contraindications.
«Important: All information on the site is provided for informational purposes only purposes. Before applying any recommendations, consult a health care professional. specialist before applying any recommendations. Neither the editors nor the authors shall be liable for any possible harm caused by materials."