Sauerkraut brine: useful properties and contraindications
Connoisseurs of sauerkraut know that this product is not only tasty, but also useful. This is a low-calorie dish that can be eaten as a separate appetizer and as a side dish. People who watch their weight, you can not worry that they will gain extra pounds, but it is quite possible to improve the health of the body with its help. The main value lies in the juice of the sauerkraut, which will be discussed further in the publication.
In Soviet times, cabbage was sauerkraut in almost every family. And it was not in small jars, but in large barrels of 100 kg or more. They used to store it on the balcony or in other cool places. Much has changed now, but the love for sauerkraut has remained. Some people prefer to sauerkraut themselves, someone tastes the purchased product.
A bit of history
Most Russians believe that for the first time they began to sauerkraut in ancient Russia. But there are historical facts that the first mention of sauerkraut is preserved in the annals of the construction of the Great Wall of China. It was used to feed the laborers who took part in the construction of the structure. That was back in the 3rd century B.C.
If you happened to visit Korea, the locals were most likely able to tell you that sauerkraut was home to their state. The kimchi cabbage that many people know about is still being made for residents and visitors to the country. The Germans and Australians also have something to show for it. Their dish is called shakrut and is a sourdough with pork. In Romania, it is impossible to prepare a national dish called sarmala - very tasty meatballs - without sauerkraut. The Poles prepare a traditional bigos using sauerkraut.
It makes no sense to argue about when and who was the first to sauerkraut. But we can definitely note that only in Russia this snack is consumed in large quantities. It is added to soups, pies, second courses. It can become a side dish to meat, fish and even baked vegetables. Our country has preserved a huge number of recipes for cooking dishes with sauerkraut.
Today we will learn the secret of the popularity of this dish, let's analyze the composition, nutritional value and caloric value of the juice, as it contains the most valuable nutrients.
Sauce of sauerkraut
Juice of sauerkraut vegetable is unique in that it contains a large number of useful trace elements, minerals and vitamins. Some people confuse it with brine, which is formed during sourdough. But this is not the case. The juice, as it should, does not flow out of the leaves, but is preserved in them.
To get it, you need to use a juicer and squeeze the cabbage leaves in it. The squeeze will be an order of magnitude more concentrated than the brine and healthier, although we cannot say that cabbage brine is useless. It, like juice, has in its composition useful substances for human health, but not in such amounts. The resulting drink from pressed sauerkraut contains exactly those elements that are missing in the brine or are present in it in small doses.
Let's consider its composition to see for ourselves the healing effect on the human body.
Composition and calories
As we have already said, sauerkraut is a low-calorie food. The number of calories per 100 g is only 30 kcal. This is an insignificant figure, so you should not worry about extra pounds. The squeeze has enough proteins, carbohydrates and fats to keep you healthy.
- ascorbic acid;
- B vitamins;
- vitamin K;
- vitamin P;
- vitamin U and other vitamins;
- zinc and other elements;
- lactic acid.
The juice has a large amount of ascorbic acid. Drinking a glass of the healing drink will replenish the norm of vitamin C in a day.
If you ferment white cabbage with red cabbage, then in the resulting squeeze of such a sourdough will be four times more vitamin C.
Useful properties of sauerkraut juice
Let's list the main useful qualities of juice:
- Due to the content of ascorbic acid in the juice strengthens human immunity.
- Due to the vitamin C, it effectively treats colds. Ascorbic acid in sour vegetables is preserved longer, so even in the winter cold drink will not lose its healing properties and will saturate the body with important elements for health.
- It is an excellent way to combat avitaminosis.
- It removes toxins and impurities from the body.
- It has a positive effect in the fight against cancer by inhibiting the growth of cancer cells. Scientists found active biological substances (compounds) - isothiocyanates - in the squeeze. And they are known to provide cancer prevention.
- Thanks to the presence of K-vitamin, carotene and B vitamins, it improves the structure of hair and nails.
- Facilitates the process of digestion of heavy food.
- Normalizes the work of individual organs, including the liver.
- A beneficial effect on the formation of bone tissue.
- Stabilizes the cardiovascular system thanks to vitamin P.
- Rejuvenates the body, slowing the aging process.
- Due to the vitamin U in the juice has a positive effect on the stomach (so it is allowed to eat people who suffer from ulcers or gastritis. But not during exacerbations and in moderation!)
- Due to the fiber it lowers the level of sugar and cholesterol.
- It is useful for anemia, endocrine disorders in the body, bone tissue problems.
- Thanks to the lactic acid it regulates metabolic processes.
- It can inhibit the development of carcinogens in the body.
- Due to the isothiocyanates in the composition of the squeeze, it has antibacterial qualities.
Women and girls, in addition to the above benefits of the consumption of pomace, should know that the juice can strengthen the hair. It is enough to rub it once every 10 days into the roots. A mask with honey is recommended to reduce the greasiness of hair. Prepare a mixture and apply it to the head for 30 minutes. Gradually the greasiness will decrease.
Let's list the main benefits of taking a squeeze for women:
- Cleansing the body of toxins and sluggishness;
- improvement of appetite;
- boosting the immune system;
- slowing of aging processes;
- preservation of natural beauty by enhancing cell regeneration;
- Improvement of the state of the nails, hair and skin;
- normalization of the metabolism in the body;
- Strengthening the nervous system, which is especially important during PMS or menopause.
Regular consumption of pomace for women and girls will have a beneficial effect on their health. The healing drink will not only revitalize the body, but also rejuvenate it.
In addition to the general beneficial properties for the human body, the consumption for men will be very helpful. Thanks to a large amount of vitamin C, which keeps the immune system in check, the representatives of the stronger sex do not have to worry about exceeding the established energy content of the diet. This applies not only to athletes, but also to men who watch the state of their figure.
In addition, with the help of the squeeze, it is easy to get rid of constipation and thoroughly clean the intestines.
For men it will be useful to know that regular consumption of the drink will reduce the risk of hemorrhoids and improve digestion. It is not necessary to drink it in unlimited quantities. It is enough to take from 2 to 5 tablespoons a day. This will be an excellent remedy for the prevention of hemorrhoids, gas and constipation. The risk of their formation will be reduced to zero, and the work of the immune system, on the contrary, will increase.
Juice of the sauerkraut vegetable not only enriches the human body with useful trace elements, minerals and substances, but also protects it from the penetration of harmful bacteria. Therefore, the drink will be useful not only for the mother herself, but also for the baby. By increasing the body's defenses, juicing will reduce the risk of contracting viral and infectious diseases. Juice can even help to cope with the discomfort of toxicosis.
Stock of vitamins a pregnant woman spends for two. Therefore, the lack of useful trace elements, minerals and vitamins can affect in the form of dry skin, peeling, the appearance of spots, etc. Given the unique composition and nutritional value of sauerkraut juice, the problem can be solved. Include the squeeze in your menu and saturate your body cells with necessary substances. You can not worry about weight, as the drink refers to low-calorie products.
Breastfeeding mommy should be cautious about drinking juice from sauerkraut. Despite all its positive qualities, it can have a negative impact on the baby's health: cause colic and flatulence.
Therefore, it is necessary to introduce a useful squeeze into the diet gradually. To begin with, try it as part of other dishes. Completely refuse the drink is not worth it.
After the first admission, watch the reaction of the baby. If you notice rashes and bloating, you should refuse the squeeze for a period of lactation. If the body of the child positively reacted to the reception of juice, then include the drink in your diet.
A child under five years of age should not take sauerkraut juice regularly, despite all its positive qualities. To prevent colds, you can give a tablespoon every other day, but only if you will not notice abdominal pain and bloating.
After 5 years, you can include the drink in the children's diet, but gradually, so as not to harm the body.
When losing weight.
The benefits of sauerkraut juice when dieting will be invaluable. The drink will be able to saturate the body and reduce cravings for sweets and salty foods. That is why the weight will go away faster. If everything is all right with the body, you can decide on a two-day diet, during which to consume only juice. This is risky, but effective. If there is no desire to put the body under stress, you can include fish, fruits, herbs, vegetables in your diet. Thus, in seven days it is realistic to get rid of extra 3-4 kg.
Doctors and nutritionists recommend regularly taking a squeeze of sauerkraut to maintain health and prevent colds. The drink is prescribed during treatment as an aid to speed recovery. Let's consider who will especially benefit from the juice from the sauerkraut vegetable.
- The drink should be used by people with a reduced acid environment of the stomach, with loss of appetite, in cases of overeating or consumption of difficult to digest food.
- The squeeze is useful in cases of alcohol abuse, as well as to improve the production of gastric juice.
- If a patient with a 12 duodenal ulcer has no exacerbations, but he is tormented by heartburn and nausea, you can recommend taking the drink for 2 months an hour before a meal 3 times a day.
- With diarrhea will help juice mixed with a tomato drink.
- This is an excellent remedy for constipation and hemorrhoids.
- In case of pain in the liver or disturbance in the structure of the organ, you should take the squeeze after a meal. The pain will recede, the tissues will recover.
- In alternative medicine, it is recommended to take the warm juice for 7 days for pancreatic inflammation. Then take a break and, if necessary, repeat the course. Such treatment will be useful for worm infestation.
- If giardia are found in the liver, it is worth drinking the drink before eating 30 minutes.
- In the presence of pathological microorganisms in the intestines, it is necessary to follow a diet, during which sauerkraut should be consumed at the same time as the juice.
When should you pay special attention to sauerkraut? Doctors and nutritionists have compiled an impressive list of diseases in which the sour beverage can help. Let's list just a few of the problems:
- sore throat, etc.
Squeezing sauerkraut is capable of:
- Increase urination;
- reduce toxicosis in pregnant women;
- flush out gallstones from the gallbladder;
- to eliminate toxins from the body;
- increase appetite;
- slow down the aging process.
The juice is successfully used for cosmetic purposes. Thanks to the content of lactic acid and a complex of microelements and vitamins, it is possible to create a double positive effect:
- cleanse the skin;
- Rejuvenate the skin and improve the complexion.
Other useful qualities of juice:
- By rubbing the juice on the face, you can get rid of enlarged pores and excessive greasiness of the skin. Girls note that traces of post-acne on the skin disappear, the skin looks better.
- Cooked according to the rules drink brightens the skin, gets rid of pigmentation, freckles and other marks. To do this, you only need to put a napkin soaked in juice to the skin for 15 minutes. Carry out the procedure every other day, and after a month you will see the result.
- If you use ice from the juice, you can use it to tighten the skin and make it firm and elastic.
- Baths of juice for the hands will allow you to forget about the peeling and rough palms forever.
It is important to remember that cosmetic procedures are carried out on the juice of sauerkraut without adding vinegar! Otherwise, there will be no positive effect, on the contrary, it is dangerous.
Harm and contraindications
We should immediately note that the juice can not bring harm to human health, if it is consumed in moderation and not in periods of exacerbation of certain diseases, such as ulcers. With caution, you should take the drink to people with high acidity of the stomach. Children and people over 50 years of age should limit the intake of pomace.
Harm is possible in arrhythmia, cardiovascular abnormalities, coronary artery disease. The body may react differently to the use of a sour beverage, so if a person suffers from chronic problems with the pancreas, liver, heart and kidneys, you should first try juice in small quantities. But it will be better if the patient consults with his doctor in advance.
Interesting facts about cabbage
Cabbage is considered one of the most popular vegetable crops. Its success is due to:
- low calorie content;
- taste qualities.
- Until now, scientists have not figured out where cabbage comes from. The dispute between Georgians, Greeks and Italians has lasted for several centuries.
- Mentions of the vegetable were found by archaeologists during excavations that date back to the Stone Age. It is known that cabbage was grown by the ancient Egyptians before our era.
In conclusion, we would like to note that sauerkraut is considered healthier than fresh cabbage.
«Important: All information on this site is provided for informational purposes only. for informational purposes only. Please consult with your health care professional before using any of the recommendations. specialist before using any of the recommendations. Neither the editors nor the authors shall be liable for any possible harm caused by materials."