Duck eggs: useful properties and contraindications.
Duck eggs are one of the most useful products. They contain many useful macro-, microelements and vitamins, which explains their beneficial effects on the human body.
- What is the difference between a duck egg and a chicken egg
- Which eggs are healthier: chicken or duck eggs
- Is it possible to eat duck eggs
- Composition and calories
- What are the health benefits of duck eggs?
- General benefits
- For Women
- For Men
- When pregnant
- For breastfeeding
- For children
- Duck eggs in medicine
- Duck eggs in cosmetology
- For face
- For hair
- Harms and contraindications
- How to choose and keep duck eggs
- How to cook duck eggs
- What can be cooked from duck eggs
- How long must you boil them?
- Can be fried
- Interesting facts about duck eggs
What is the difference between a duck egg and a chicken egg
Duck eggs differ from chicken eggs in many ways:
- Size. The weight of a duck egg can reach the 90 g mark.
- Appearance. Duck eggs have a more elongated shape and a hard shell. One of the main differences is their color. Duck eggs are colored white with a touch of blue or even a green hue.
- Internal contents. Another difference is the contents of duck eggs. The yolk of a duck egg is much larger than that of a chicken egg, and the white is distinguished by its increased density. During cooking, the protein of duck eggs does not spread, which cannot be said about chicken eggs.
- Taste characteristics. Duck eggs have a specific, rich taste.
- Composition. Duck eggs contain a large amount of albumin protein, Omega-3, vitamins B, A and amino acids. Due to its unique composition, this product is considered very nutritious and less likely to provoke allergic reactions.
- Peculiarities of consumption. Duck eggs are not suitable for making omelets, they are rarely hard-boiled and are most often used to make salads. While chicken eggs are used to prepare a variety of dishes. In addition, unlike chicken eggs, duck eggs should not be eaten raw. Duck eggs that have not been heat-treated can negatively affect the human body and provoke the development of dangerous diseases.
- Storage Features. Duck eggs, unlike chicken eggs, cannot be stored for a long time, even in the refrigerator.
Which eggs are healthier: chicken or duck eggs
Duck eggs are much better than chicken eggs in terms of vitamins, minerals, acids and other nutrients. In addition, duck eggs are less likely to cause allergic reactions, they contain more calories and are considered more nutritious. Therefore, we can say that duck eggs are healthier than chicken eggs.
However, this does not mean that you can use the product in unlimited quantities. In addition to useful substances, duck eggs contain a large amount of cholesterol, which is inferior to chicken eggs. Therefore, experts recommend limiting the consumption of duck eggs to 2 times a week. In this case, they will have only a beneficial effect on the human body, saturating it with all the necessary useful substances.
Is it possible to eat duck eggs
According to experts, duck eggs should be part of everyone's diet. However, it is strictly forbidden to eat them raw. The best way to cook this product is considered boiling. In this case, you should cook for 10 to 20 minutes.
Duck eggs are combined with many products and can completely replace chicken eggs. They are used for cooking:
In addition, duck eggs are great for stuffing, perfectly combined with mushrooms and cheese.
Composition and calories
Duck eggs contain a large number of fat-soluble and water-soluble vitamins, micro-and macro-elements. One egg contains:
- 194 µg of vitamin A.
- 14 µg beta-carotene.
- 1.7 micrograms of vitamin D.
- 1.7 µg vitamin D3.
- 1.3 µg vitamin K.
- 0.2 µg of vitamin B1.
- 0.4 µg of vitamin B2.
- 0.2 µg of vitamin B3.
- 263.4 µg of vitamin B4.
- 1.9 µg of vitamin B5.
- 0.3 µg of vitamin B6.
- 80.0 µg of vitamin B9.
- 5.4 mcg of vitamin B12.
- 64.0 mg of calcium.
- 36.4 µg selenium.
- 3.9 mg of iron.
- 0.1 mg of copper.
- 17.0 mg magnesium.
- 1.4 mg zinc.
- 220.0 mg phosphorus.
- 146.0 mg sodium.
- 222.0 mg of potassium.
Duck eggs are considered a high-calorie product. There are 185 calories per 100 g. Given this feature, during a diet whose goal is to lose weight, this product should be completely excluded from the daily diet.
What are the benefits of duck eggs
Due to their unique composition, duck eggs have a beneficial effect on the human body. Regular consumption of this product will help:
- cope with disorders in the immune system;
- restore the body after a serious illness;
- prevent the development of avitaminosis;
- strengthen bones and teeth;
- Improve the process of hematopoiesis;
- Improve the metabolism of fats and carbohydrates;
- cope with disorders of the nervous system.
It is difficult to overestimate the benefits of duck eggs for the female body. Regular use of this useful product will help to cope with constant stress, balance the hormonal background, improve the condition of hair, nails, skin, and stop the premature aging of the entire body.
Duck eggs will be an indispensable product if a woman can not gain weight for a long time. Their systematic consumption will help to adjust the metabolism of fats and carbohydrates, saturate the female body with necessary vitamins and increase the weight in a short period of time.
Duck eggs are no less useful for the male body. Especially if a man is engaged in sports. Regular consumption of this product will help to saturate the body with protein, which is particularly important, and if necessary to gain muscle mass. Duck eggs are indispensable if a man's work involves heavy, physical labor. They help prevent exhaustion and strengthen bones.
Another unique feature of duck eggs is an increase in potency and the ability to conceive.
According to experienced therapists, you should not refuse to eat duck eggs and during the period of childbirth. Regular consumption of this product will saturate the female body with all the substances that are necessary for the normal course of pregnancy, the proper development of the fetus and maintaining the good health of the future mother.
However, this product should be used with extreme caution. Poor quality or improperly cooked duck eggs can harm the health of a pregnant woman.
But in the postpartum period, duck eggs, as well as many other products, should be completely excluded from the daily diet of a woman. Pediatricians allow breastfeeding women to introduce them into the daily menu only after the baby is six months old. If there is no personal intolerance, this product will help saturate the body of the mother and baby with the necessary vitamins, macro-and micronutrients, prevent the development of avitaminosis, improve the immune system of the child, ensure its proper physical and mental development.
Consumption of duck eggs by children who have not reached the age of six years is considered inappropriate. In this case, the possible harm outweighs the benefit. Duck eggs can provoke disorders in the gastrointestinal tract and other unpleasant consequences.
When losing weight
Nutritionists advise to completely exclude duck eggs from the daily diet during the diet, the purpose of which is to lose weight. This product contains a lot of calories and fats, which will contribute to an increase in body weight. In addition, this product is less digestible than chicken or quail eggs.
Duck eggs in medicine
According to many medics, regular consumption of duck eggs will help to cope with many problems, including:
- Wasting. The fats, vitamins and minerals that are included in this product will help the human body recover from a serious illness.
- Lack of protein. Lack of protein is especially felt by those people who regularly engage in sports. Systematic consumption of duck eggs will help to solve this problem.
- Blood diseases. This product contains vitamin B9. It will have a positive effect on the blood cells, which will help prevent or cure some blood diseases.
- Disorders of the nervous system. The vitamins in this product are directly involved in carbohydrate and lipid metabolism. It helps to improve the function of the central nervous system.
- Metabolic disorder. Proteins in eggs can help improve your metabolism.
- Increased acidity. Micronutrients that are part of the duck eggs help reduce the acidity of the stomach. Regular use of this product will prevent the re-elevation of acidity and improve the overall condition of the body.
- Frequent colds. The unique composition of duck eggs helps to boost immunity and prevents the multiplication of viruses entering the human body from its environment.
Duck eggs in cosmetology
For the face
This product can have a beneficial effect not only on the work of the internal organs, but also on the condition of the skin. Homemade cosmetics, which include duck eggs, will help to saturate the skin with many nutrients, return it to freshness, radiance and elasticity.
- To improve the appearance of oily skin and tighten pores, masks containing duck egg white and cosmetic clay are used. Mix the ingredients in equal proportions, apply to the skin of the face and leave to dry completely. Cosmetic should be rinsed with clean, running water without using soap.
- To cope with the problems of dry skin will help mask of beaten egg and 10 grams of grinded potatoes. You should mix the ingredients, apply them on the cleaned face and keep for 15 minutes. After the specified time, the mask should be washed with room temperature water and apply a nourishing cream.
For the hair
Duck eggs can help to cope with hair loss. In addition, the rich composition of this product will be able to return hair volume, shine and beauty.
To awaken dormant hair follicles, you should regularly use a mask of one egg yolk, 5 g of honey, a small amount of citric acid and 20 g of yogurt. Beat the ingredients, rub the resulting mixture into the scalp and soak it for 30 minutes. At the end of the specified time mask should be washed with a suitable shampoo.
Before using home cosmetics cosmetologists recommend to test for allergic reactions. The occurrence of redness, swelling, rash or itching indicates that the use of the remedy should be abandoned.
Harm and contraindications
Despite the many useful properties, the use of duck eggs can have a negative effect on the state of the body. However, this is only possible if they are improperly prepared. To avoid unpleasant consequences and the development of serious diseases, duck eggs should be well washed in soapy water before cooking. This will help prevent the development of infectious diseases and salmonella entering the human body.
In addition, doctors draw attention to the fact that duck eggs are contraindicated for consumption:
- children who have not reached the age of six;
- People with excessive weight;
- women during lactation;
- Persons with individual intolerance.
The presence of one or more contraindications indicates the need to completely eliminate duck eggs from the daily menu. Otherwise, the risk of developing serious diseases increases.
How to choose and store duck eggs
The quality of duck eggs determines the taste and nutritional value of the dish that is prepared using them. Therefore, it is important to know how to choose high-quality eggs.
When buying duck eggs, pay attention to the following nuances:
- Expiration date. When buying eggs in the supermarket, the buyer can find out the expiration date. It is important to remember that duck eggs are stored for no more than 7 days. If the packaging indicates a longer period, it is better to refuse to buy.
- Cleanliness of the shell. The norm is a slight contamination of the eggshell. The fact is that it is forbidden to wash eggs. Otherwise, their shelf life is significantly reduced.
- Integrity. Cracked or damaged eggs are not fit for consumption.
- Storage Standards. Eggs must be kept in the refrigerator. Otherwise there is a serious risk of spoiling the product.
Duck eggs can be kept up to 7 days if the temperature is correct. If the shelf life of the product has expired, it should not be consumed. Otherwise, there is a risk of poisoning and infection with serious diseases.
At home, duck eggs should be stored in the refrigerator. In this case, their shelf life remains the same.
How to cook duck eggs
Cooking duck eggs is a task that must be approached with special responsibility. Consuming a product that has not been properly prepared and has not been cooked for an adequate amount of time can lead to the development of serious diseases.
Before you start cooking, duck eggs should be cleaned of all impurities. Wash a duck egg for 4-5 minutes with a soapy solution or detergent. When the egg shell is clean, it should be rinsed under clean, running water and proceed with the cooking process.
What you can make with duck eggs
Duck eggs are used in many dishes, but most often they are ingredients in homemade baked goods or salads.
One of the most popular recipes that includes duck eggs is pancakes with milk.
To make them you will need:
- Duck eggs - 2 pcs.
- Cow's milk - 0,5 l.
- Sunflower oil - 50 ml.
- Grain sized flour - 200 gr.
- Sugar - to taste.
How to prepare the dough:
- Beat the eggs.
- Pour the milk into them and mix thoroughly.
- Add flour mixture gradually, stirring all the time.
- Add sugar.
- Leave the dough for 5-10 minutes and then bake.
- Bake the pancakes in a hot pan greased with sunflower oil.
- Serve with fresh berries, jam or condensed milk.
Salad with vegetables and duck eggs is one of the most popular appetizers. Its preparation will not take too much time and does not require special skills.
For the preparation you will need:
- Duck eggs - 2 pcs.
- Chicken fillet - 300 gr.
- Fresh tomatoes - 2 pcs.
- Fresh cucumbers - 2 pcs.
- Olive or sunflower oil.
Method of preparation:
- Boil fillets and eggs.
- Slice ingredients.
- Mix vegetables, eggs and chicken filet.
- Add spices, herbs and dress with oil.
- Serve the salad when chilled.
How long should I boil it for?
Duck eggs may not be boiled in automatic egg cookers. They should be cooked in an ordinary enameled pot. Experienced housewives recommend warming the eggs to room temperature before cooking by taking them out of the refrigerator and leaving them on the table for a while.
Duck eggs should be placed in already warm water. Their cooking time depends on the desired result. To cook hard-boiled eggs, they should be boiled for 15-20 minutes. Do you want to eat soft-boiled eggs? Boil them for 10 minutes.
Note also that duck eggs should be boiled for at least 10 minutes. An egg that has been boiled for less time can provoke the development of serious diseases.
Can I fry them?
Duck eggs can be not only boiled but also fried. The method of cooking glazed duck eggs is no different from frying chicken eggs. It is necessary:
- Heat a frying pan.
- Add vegetable oil.
- After the oil has heated up, pour the eggs into the frying pan.
- Fry the duck eggs on medium heat until they are completely cooked.
- Cooking time for duck egg frosting will be 10-15 minutes. Note that undercooked duck eggs are strictly forbidden to eat.
Interesting facts about duck eggs
Many people know about the taste and useful properties of duck eggs, but only a few know that:
- China invented a unique recipe for cooking duck eggs, the Millennial Egg. Its uniqueness lies in the fact that it takes more than 100 days to prepare this dish. During this time, raw duck eggs are kept in a tank of water to which salt, oak bark, tea, and potash are added.
- Another unusual recipe for cooking duck eggs is the "Imperial Egg." It is placed in a solution of lime with sesame seeds. Eggs cooked according to this recipe have an unusual color. Their yolk has a green hue, and the white has a rich black color.
- The cooking time of "pine-colored eggs" is also 100 days. They are coated with a special mixture, placed in containers of clay and left for a specified period.
- Inhabitants of the Philippine Islands use duck eggs in which the embryo has already formed. This dish is also very popular among tourists.
- One of the main features of duck eggs is that they very rarely provoke allergic reactions. Allergists advise their patients to completely replace chicken eggs, which in turn are considered one of the most allergenic products.
- Duck eggs take much longer to cook than chicken eggs. While it takes 3-4 minutes to cook hard-boiled chicken eggs, the duck eggs are ready in 15-20 minutes.
- Duck eggs cannot be used to make omelets. They are also not suitable for eating raw.
Duck eggs contain a lot of vitamins, micro-and macro-elements that can have a beneficial effect on the human body. However, this is possible only if all the rules of preparation and storage norms are followed, taking into account contraindications.
«Important: All information on the site is provided solely for introductory purposes only. Before applying any recommendations, please consult with a specialist in the field of medicine. specialist. Neither the editors nor the authors are liable for any possible harm caused by materials."