Varenyets: what is this product, useful properties and contraindications.
Varenyts, ryazhenka, kefir - products of the same series. Despite the similarity of the chemical composition and useful properties, they have different history, consistency and cooking technology. The taste of the traditionally Russian drink is due to a long stewing in the oven at a gradually decreasing temperature.
- Varenyets: what it is, what it tastes like and how it differs from ryazhenka
- History of appearance
- What does it taste like?
- Fat content
- How it differs from ryazhenka and kefir
- Composition and calories
- How is jam useful?
- For Women
- For men
- For Children
- For Pregnancy
- When breastfeeding
- Can I eat jam when I...
- When losing weight
- For pancreatitis
- In constipation
- Harm and Contraindications
- Cosmetic use
- How to choose and store
- Where to buy and how much it costs
- How to use the product correctly
- What can be made of jam: 5 Recipes
- How to cook jam in a home environment
- In the oven
- In a multicooker
- Can we give jamenetz to animals?
Jam: what is it, what does it taste like and how does it differ from ryazhenka
Acidic milk product with a characteristic aroma and taste - a derivative of cow's milk, baked in the oven. If jam is prepared at home, fermentation occurs by adding sour cream, cream to the base.
In production, sterilized or melted milk is fermented with pure streptococcal bacteria. Once in a favorable environment, the sourdough culture multiplies vigorously, increasing the acidity index and transforming the liquid consistency of milk into a clot.
History of appearance
The homeland of the old Russian drink - Siberia, the Urals, where the housewives poured fresh milk in clay cast-iron and sent in a cooling stove until the evening. When the product had evaporated by a third at low temperature, it was combined with cream and continued to languish in the oven until morning.
The fragrant, thick mass was eaten with spoonfuls of crushed breadcrumbs, bread and honey, with a cup of tea.
The Soviet Union developed a more complex production technology. The labor-intensive manufacturing process increased the cost of sour-milk product, so it was in less demand than kefir.
How it tastes
Varenyts, cooked in an oven, is thick with a creamy hue and a sour taste of melted milk. The product made at the dairy has a liquid consistency, but retains a delicate flavor and taste.
What is the fat content
More often the dairy product comes on the market with a fat content of 2.5%, which makes it suitable for inclusion in the diet of thin people, people with obesity. On the shelves you can find the product with a fat content of 6, 4, 3.2 percent. Nutritional value of the increase in fatness changes minimally, but the caloric value increases.
What is the difference between ryazhenka and kefir
From ryazhenka with a sweetish taste, jam differs only in the added sourdough. Both products are stewed in a stove in a ceramic pot, but when making jam, the stewed milk is fermented with cream and the ryazhenka with sour cream.
Kefir is made by adding sourdough starter to pasteurized (not stoked) milk and fermenting it until it clots within a day at 23-25°C.
Scientists put kefir in first place for its ability to rid the body of putrefactive bacteria and improve intestinal microflora. This is due to the complex composition of the starter. It contains lactic acid bacilli, streptococci, yeast, and acetic acid bacteria. Kefir is more effective than other dairy products for weight loss. Ryazhenka eliminates bloating. Varenyets have an indulgent effect, gently cleanses the intestines.
Varenyets and ryazhenka have the same consistency, milky color with a creamy hue. In kefir a deviation from the white color is considered a sign of spoilage or the introduction of fruit additives.
Composition and calories
Varenyts is rich in fermented, easily digestible protein, B vitamins, biotin, nicotinic acid, calcium, selenium, zinc and other minerals. In addition, the product contains mono- and polyunsaturated Omega-3,6 fatty acids that participate in biochemical reactions of the body.
Contents of vitamins, minerals in 100 grams of jam:
- Cobalamin - 0.001 mg;
- Choline - 43 mg;
- Riboflavin - 0.13 mg;
- Biotin - 0.004 mg;
- Pantothenic acid, 0.32 mg;
- Nicotinic acid, 0.8 mg;
- Pyridoxine, 0.06 mg;
- A - 0.02 mg;
- Thiamine, 0.03 mg;
- Folates, 0.008 mg;
- Ascorbic acid, 0.8 mg;
- Calciferol - 0.03 mg;
- Beta carotene - 0.01 mg.
- Cobalt - 0.001 mg;
- Molybdenum - 0.005 mg;
- Iodine, 0.009 mg;
- Chromium, 0.002 mg;
- Selenium, 0.002 mg;
- Zinc, 0.4 mg;
- Copper, 0.01 mg;
- Iron, 0.1 mg;
- Fluorine - 0.02 mg;
- Manganese, 0.006 mg.
- Phosphorus, 96 mg;
- Calcium - 118 mg;
- Potassium, 144 mg;
- Chlorine, 110 mg;
- Magnesium, 16 mg;
- Sodium - 51 mg;
- Sulfur - 29 mg.
BWD of 100 g of the product - 2.9, 2.5, 4.1 respectively. The caloric value is 53 kcal.
What is useful for jam
Fermented ghee provides the body with proteins, improves digestion, suppresses putrefactive intestinal microflora, restoring healthy.
Other useful properties of jam:
- Increases immune defense, resistance to infections;
- Mineralizes bone tissue, making it denser;
- strengthens dental enamel;
- Supports visual acuity, myocardial function, blood vessels;
- normalizes metabolism;
- Participates in hematopoiesis;
- Prevents excessive thinning of the blood, the development of leukopenia, anemia;
- regulates the nervous system;
- is responsible for the contraction of muscles;
- Improves appetite, kidney, liver and intestinal function.
Especially jam is useful for people after 40, which decreases the mineralization of the bones and children with unformed skeleton.
When consumed internally and creating home moisturizing masks, jam supports the beauty, youthfulness of the skin, hair, nails. The product is included in the daily menu for weight loss.
High calcium and phosphorus content prevents the development of osteoporosis, which women are prone to during menopause.
Men jam is recommended as a prevention of cardiovascular diseases, to which they are more prone than women.
Dairy product improves the quality of the seminal fluid, normalizes blood flow, thereby improving potency. Varenyts withdrawal of toxins in alcohol poisoning, quickly regains strength after physical exertion.
A child drinking jam, other dairy drinks, less likely to fall ill with acute respiratory infections, SARS. He improves motility of the intestine, reduces the frequency and intensity of allergic reactions, prevents the development of rickets.
Fermented milk provides children easily digestible protein - building material for the creation of tissues, organs, hormones, neurotransmitters.
Pregnant women need a balanced diet rich in proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals. Nutritionists advise pregnant women to include dairy products in their daily diet for the proper development of the child, maintaining youthfulness and beauty.
Varenyts eliminates constipation peculiar to pregnant women, removes toxins, helps to cope with edema, cramps, late toxemia (gestosis).
During lactation, a woman needs to replenish calcium reserves. This helps jam (preferably homemade), which provides a macronutrient for both her and the baby.
Calcium in a fermented dairy product is well assimilated and brings more benefits to the body of a nursing mother than biologically active supplements.
Is it possible to use jam at...
When including jam in the diet, you should assess the ratio of benefits and harms for gastritis, pancreatitis, diabetes, the desire to lose excess weight.
When losing weight
The product with a low energy value can safely be included in a dietary diet with limited consumption. The statement of some thinners that it is impossible to get rid of extra pounds on jam is explained by the uncontrolled amount of drink drunk, eating it with rolls and other pastries.
On a nourishing drink you can hold out on a day of unloading. Varenyts satiates the body with vitamins and minerals, the deficit of which is experienced by thinners.
It is acceptable to drink this sour-milk drink with a fat content of no more than 2.5% with yeast-free diet bread. If you drink a glass of jam daily before bedtime, will not bother hunger, insomnia, digestive problems.
With an exacerbation of gastritis, accompanied by stomach pain, nausea, belching, the treatment of the disease is aimed at reducing the acidity of gastric juices.
Any dairy product increases the acidity of the stomach. Varenyts can be drunk in limited quantities of 100 ml per day not earlier than a week from the day of exacerbation. These doctors' recommendations apply to people with peptic ulcer disease, intestinal disease.
Varenyts is useful in type 2 diabetes because it improves the liver, kidneys, gastrointestinal tract, removes toxic substances from the body.
Patients with diabetes are often diagnosed with intestinal dysbacteriosis against the background of inflammatory processes. Varenyts helps to destroy putrefactive bacteria, restore normal microflora. Probiotics in the product can reduce blood glucose levels.
In the acute phase of pancreatitis, varenyets excessively loads the pancreas. During the remission period, it is allowed to use a drink with minimal fat content in an amount of no more than one glass per day after breakfast.
In case of constipation
Low-fat fermented dairy products increase the moisture content of stools and improve intestinal peristalsis. Varenyts contains enough organic lactic acids to normalize stools and relieve constipation.
Harm and contraindications
The product is contraindicated in allergies to milk protein, lactose intolerance, the acute phase of inflammation of the pancreas, peptic ulcer.
Excessive use of drink harms people with obesity.
Home masks with jam infuse the skin with beneficial trace elements, vitamins, tighten, eliminate dryness, peeling.
To get the lifting effect, sour milk product is applied to clean skin. Rinse off after 10 minutes and use daily cream. The result is noticeable after five daily procedures.
To moisturize the epidermis, jam is spread on the face over a layer of olive oil. The mask is covered with a warm cotton cloth and washed off after a quarter of an hour. The skin is not only saturated with moisture. Oxidative processes are slowed, irritation and inflammation of the epidermis are prevented.
On varence kneaded dough for baking pies, rolls, muffins, frying pancakes, pancakes, scones.
Sour milk beverage used as a base for dairy desserts, jellies, mousses, cocktails, sauces for meat, vegetables, fruit salads. With sour melted milk makes a delicious ice cream, chocolate pudding, casseroles.
How to choose and store
Advice for choosing jam:
- Name. If instead of varenz, the label says it is a near-natural lactic acid product, refuse to buy it.
- Color. Milk changes color to yellowish or creamy when steeped. If the color of the drink is white, it means that the production technology is broken.
- Consistency. It is thick enough, homogeneous without lumps.
- Composition. A quality product has only two components - milk and sourdough.
- Shelf life. If it exceeds two weeks, preservatives have been added to jam.
Store the traditional Slavic beverage in a cold place in a glass container no longer than the expiration date indicated on the package. It is not allowed to keep the product in a metal container and at room temperature, where it spoils in a few hours.
Where to buy and how much does it cost
Varenyets are sold in grocery stores, online shopping sites, at the following prices per liter:
- with a fat content of 2.5% - 95 p;
- Thermostatic - 195-205 rubles;
- Bifidum dumplings - 150 rubles;
- with the fat content of 3,2-6% - 160-210 rubles.
At farmers' markets, bazaars and by private ads you can buy 1 l of the product at the price of 160-230 rubles.
How to use this product correctly
Before using jamenets heated to t -22-25 degrees. Drink in small sips or eat with a spoon. To improve the taste add berries, pieces of fruit, honey or sugar. The fermented dairy product goes well with fresh baked goods and black bread.
What can be cooked from jamenets: 5 recipes
With varentz turns out delicious fragrant pastries with a delicate structure - pancakes, pancakes, mannik, poured pies with a variety of fillings, puffy buns.
The classic recipe for puffed pancakes on jam includes the following ingredients:
- 1 tbsp. each of fermented liquor and flour;
- 0.5 tsp. salt, baking soda each;
- 2 eggs;
- 2 tbsp. sugar;
- vegetable oil for frying.
Method of preparation:
- In a deep bowl pour warm jam, beat the eggs taken out of the fridge in advance, add sugar, salt. Beat all ingredients with a mixer.
- Combine the baking soda with flour, sift twice, pour it into a bowl with the whipped products, quickly mix until the consistency of thick sour cream.
- After 20-30 minutes of proofing, when bubbles appear in the dough, begin frying.
- Spoon the dough onto a hot frying pan with vegetable oil. As bubbles form on the surface, flip and fry on the other side.
Serve pancakes with whipped cream, jam, sour cream, melted chocolate or lactic acid sauce with pieces of fresh fruit.
To make thin fishnet pancakes, you'll need:
- two chicken eggs;
- half a cup of sugar;
- A liter of jam;
- 5 g of baking soda;
- 10 g of salt;
- 150 ml of vegetable oil;
- 0.5 kg of whole wheat flour;
- A glass of boiling water.
How to prepare:
- Combine and whisk in a deep bowl the eggs, sugar, salt.
- Pour in the jam of room temperature, mix.
- Sieve the flour twice to oxygenate it, and add it to the mixture.
- Whisk with a blender until there are no lumps, obtaining a homogeneous consistency.
- Without turning off the mixer, add boiling water and baking soda. Leave the dough to proof for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the vegetable oil and stir to combine.
- Fry the pancakes on a hot frying pan. Before pouring the first batter, grease the pan with oil. You won't need it later.
- Continue frying both sides until crispy.
The finished pancakes are stacked in a plate, smearing each with butter.
Ingredients for the jam pie with cabbage
- A glass of fermented liquor;
- 0,5 kg of shredded white cabbage;
- 3 chicken eggs (one for dough, two for filling)
- one cup of flour;
- salt, black pepper;
- 0.5 tsp. baking soda;
- 30g butter for the dough
- 50 g of vegetable oil for the dough and 3 tbsp for frying the cabbage and greasing the tray.
- Roast the shredded cabbage in a frying pan until soft.
- Combine the vegetable oil and butter in a bowl, heat the mixture in a microwave oven.
- In another bowl, beat the egg, add salt, baking soda, and jam.
- Pour the contents of the first bowl into the second one, mix until homogeneous.
- Add flour, knead into a smooth dough.
- Turn on the preheated oven, setting the temperature to 180°C.
- Grease a baking tray with butter and sprinkle with flour. Spread half of the dough on the surface of the baking tin.
- Place the filling on top. Whisk eggs with salt, pour it over the cabbage.
- Spoon the rest of the dough over the filling, smoothing it out so there are no gaps.
- Bake the pie for 40 minutes.
Serve the yummy pastry portioned with tea, compote, juice, or with baked fish or chicken.
This pie is difficult to spoil even a novice hostess.
The algorithm for making a delicious mannik:
- Pour a tablespoon of semolina with a glass of warm jam. Leave for 40 minutes until the grits swell.
- Beat 3 eggs with a cup of granulated sugar.
- Melt 100g of butter.
- Combine the ingredients, add 200 g of flour with 1 tsp of baking powder, mix.
- Pour the thick batter, which will run down slowly from the spoon, into a greased baking dish.
- Bake the cake in an oven preheated to 200°C for half an hour.
Add nuts, dried apricots, raisins or prunes to the semolina to improve the taste.
On the basis of jam, you can make a lush yeast dough.
- In a deep bowl, combine a glass of sour milk product with 100 ml of vegetable oil. Heat a little in a water bath.
- Sift in the flour. Mix dry ingredients - 3 tbsp. flour, 1 tsp. sugar and salt, 10g. yeast.
- Pour the jam and oil into the flour mixture. Knead the dough.
- Cover the container with a towel, put in a warm place. The product will be ready for further use in 1-1.5 hours.
The dough made with this recipe is suitable for buns, pies, and pizzas.
How to make jam at home
Real jam according to ancient recipes are made in a Russian oven. At home, the product is prepared in the oven, thermos or multicooker, using sour cream, cream or yogurt as a starter. If desired, improve the taste with sugar, cinnamon.
In the oven
For jam you will need 2 liters of whole cow's milk (preferably homemade), 0.5 liters of sour cream.
How to prepare:
- Pour the milk into clay or ceramic pots, put in an oven heated to 160 degrees.
- Periodically stir the contents of the dishes with a wooden spoon to remove the film formed on the surface to the bottom.
- After 5-6 hours, when the volume of milk has reduced by a third, remove the pots from the oven. Allow time to cool to 40°C, add cream.
- Unlike ryazhenka, jam is not fermented in the heat, but at room temperature for 12-15 hours.
To speed up the process of fermentation, formation of a clot, in addition to the cream, put dried rye bread crusts in the stewed milk.
In the multicooker.
Faster than in the oven jam is cooked in the multicooker.
- Pour a liter and a half of homemade milk into the bowl of the kitchen appliance. Set the mode for stewing products, set the timer for 5 hours.
- Cool the contents to 40 degrees.
- Pour into a saucepan, add 2 tbsp of natural yogurt, mix with an immersion blender.
- Return the raw material to the multicooker, set the mode for heating for half an hour. Continue to infuse jam for 8-10 hours.
You can fill a third of the volume of small glass jars with melted milk, add the starter, stir, pour the milk to the top and leave to ferment. The first 6 hours the jars are kept wrapped with a blanket, the next 4 hours at room temperature.
Can we give jam to pets?
More often owners, breeders of dogs, cats include in the diet exclusively kefir and cottage cheese. Veterinarians recommend giving pets 2-3 times a week any fermented dairy products, which have no sugar, artificial fillers, flavors and fragrances.
Russian traditional drink, if selected, stored and consumed correctly, satiates the body with easily digestible protein and calcium. Varenyts, which is not difficult to make at home yourself, is useful for all ages and even animals. The fermented dairy product improves well-being, bowel function, gets rid of constipation, helps to lose weight.
«Important: All information on this site is provided solely for informational purposes. Consult a health care professional before using any recommendations. specialist. Neither the editors nor the authors are liable for any possible harm caused by materials."