Green Tea: Health Benefits and Contraindications
Green tea is considered to be tea that has been subjected to minimal fermentation.
- Technology of green tea production
- What is the difference between green tea and black tea
- Which tea is healthier: black or green?
- Is there caffeine in green tea?
- Composition and Calories
- What is useful for green tea?
- General benefits
- For Women
- For Men
- While pregnant
- For breastfeeding
- For children
- How to lose weight with green tea
- Green tea in medicine
- Diabetes mellitus
- For pancreatitis
- For Gastritis
- For Intestines
- For constipation
- For gout
- For the liver
- For hemorrhoids
- For cholecystitis
- For poisoning
- How Green Tea Affects Blood Pressure
- Recipes of folk medicine based on green tea
- Prevention of colds
- Eye Inflammation Treatment
- Nerve Disorder
- Toothache Relief
- Flu treatment
- Green tea in cosmetology
- Green Tea Facial Masks
- Hair Masks
- Green Tea in bags: benefits and harms
- Green tea with various additives
- With Milk
- With lemon
- With honey
- With mint or lemon balm
- With jasmine
- Harms and Contraindications
- Symptoms of allergy to green tea
- How to Choose and Store Green Tea
- How to brew green tea correctly
- How to drink green tea correctly
- How much can I drink per day?
- Can I drink it at bedtime and on an empty stomach?
- Can I mix green tea with black tea?
- Can I drink yesterday's tea?
- Can I drink green tea during Lent?
- What is healthier: hot or cold tea?
- Interesting Facts about Green Tea
Green Tea Manufacturing Technology
The production of green tea is carried out in several stages:
Steaming is the initial stage in production. Its purpose is to destroy enzymes which could have a negative impact on the quality of the tea. The smell of freshly cut grass disappears, the tea leaf becomes more elastic, which facilitates the curling process later on. Steaming is done in special machines for three minutes at a temperature of 95 to 100 degrees, after which the leaves are dried in preparation for the next process.
The twisting process involves only one action - double twisting for 70 to 80 minutes, which releases the juice from the tea leaves.
Drying helps to stop the action of enzymes and related processes, as well as to increase the shelf life of the product. Tea is dried in special machines in two stages: the first at 90-95 degrees to a humidity of 18 percent, and after a short break at 80-90 degrees to a residual humidity of 3-5 percent. The finished product acquires a greenish hue.
At the time of sorting they separate the broken tea leaves, larger tea cakes from the small ones, and clean the raw material from the remnants and crumbs.
The difference between green tea and black tea
- The main difference between making green tea and black tea is to prevent oxidative reactions from occurring. That's why it turns out lighter shade, with a peculiar taste and aroma and almost all healthy substances are preserved in it. Black tea has more laborious stages of processing. First, it is dried to remove moisture from the leaves. Then a special machine is used to soften the stiffness of the leaves and their structure. And the final stage is the hard heat treatment (fermentation). This process lasts for several hours until the leaves acquire the desired hue and smell. The leaves will lose some of their healthy vitamins, but will gain other important nutrients.
- Green tea is not treated as harshly. As a result of light drying, the leaves retain almost all of their beneficial properties. Green tea can be brewed several times, and with each brew its taste is only richer, whereas black tea will lose flavor after the second brew.
- The brewing temperature of green tea should not exceed 80 degrees, the infusion time should not exceed 60 seconds. If brewed longer, it can lead to a bitter taste. Black tea is brewed with almost boiling water and infused for about 5 minutes.
- Another difference is the shelf life. Black tea lasts longer without losing its flavor. Green tea, on the other hand, is more invigorating because it has more caffeine.
- Black tea contains fewer antioxidants, but it contains substances that help fight aging and tumors. There are benefits for the circulatory system, it saturates the organs with oxygen and serves as a preventative against strokes. Black tea helps keep you warm and has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Another difference between black tea and green tea is that it has less theine, a product similar to caffeine.
Which tea is healthier: black or green?
Green tea is considered healthier than black tea.
- Its high micronutrient content makes it an important product for those who adhere to a healthy lifestyle. Scientists have found out that this tea is quite a worthy preventive measure against cancer due to its content of catechin and vitamin C. It even has iodine, which strengthens the endocrine system, which will help those with an enlarged thyroid.
- Green tea is useful to rinse your mouth, it is excellent for strengthening the gums and tooth enamel, unlike black tea, which leaves plaque on the teeth.
- Green tea is rich in vitamins C, B, P, PP and has anti-inflammatory properties. It is used in the treatment of flu, dysbacteriosis and various poisonings. There is an opinion that it protects the body from harmful computer radiation.
- All methods of weight loss call for the use of green tea, as it speeds up the metabolism and the elimination of fat from the body.
- Green tea extract is added to cosmetic and perfume products because it contributes to the preservation of youth and beauty.
Is there caffeine in green tea?
I do. The concentration of caffeine in tea depends on a number of factors:
- The location of the tea plantation,
- the climate of the region,
- soil composition,
- the characteristics of growing the tea tree.
In addition, the concentration of caffeine in a tea beverage is affected by the brewing time. The longer it takes to brew, the more caffeine it will have.
Composition and Calories
Green tea drink contains a lot of necessary substances for the body:
- essential oils,
- amino acids.
Amino acids and theanine give tea its sweetish flavor, caffeine gives it its bitter taste, and catechins give it its tart taste. The approximate composition of a tea drink can be determined by its taste.
Green tea is low in calories. One mug of tea has about three to five kilocalories.
What is green tea good for?
- Fills the body with antioxidants that inhibit the aging process;
- serves as a preventive measure against cardiovascular disease and cancer;
- promotes weight loss;
- prolongs life expectancy;
- Relieves nervous tension and activates the brain;
- lowers blood pressure;
- strengthens the immune system;
- strengthens bones.
For women, a green tea drink will be an effective assistant in the fight against excess weight, as it normalizes metabolism and gets rid of toxins. Drinking just one cup of tea drink a day, a woman will help her body to be filled with vitamins. If you add a mint leaf when brewing it, you will also normalize your hormones.
The benefits of green tea for the female body are as follows:
- The metabolism is accelerated;
- The work of the central nervous system is adjusted, the stresses are removed;
- Improves visual acuity;
- It gives a wonderful invigorating effect.
The benefits of green tea are manifested in migraines and high blood pressure. In addition, it has a mild diuretic effect, which will normalize the kidneys and adrenal glands.
For a woman's body, green tea is an indispensable product, because it is a storehouse of vitamins. It is enough to drink two cups of good quality freshly brewed green tea to energize yourself for the whole day. But still it is necessary to use it with caution and according to the rules, because in everything you need to know the measure. It is desirable not to add sugar to the drink.
It is also useful for men to drink a green healing drink to improve potency. For this purpose, you need to add honey or ginger to the tea.
In the tea drink you can find the presence of zinc, which stimulates the production of testosterone. To lose weight for men, green tea will also help, for this purpose it is enough to drink a cup of healing drink in the morning.
The list of beneficial effects of tea for men's health:
- increases male potency;
- removes toxins from the body;
- Reduces the risk of prostatitis;
- stimulates blood circulation and brain function;
- gives a boost of vivacity and strength;
- strengthens the immune system;
- Improves cellular nutrition with oxygen.
Men who engage in strenuous physical labor are often prone to cardiovascular disease. Green tea is the safest helper for coping with stress and strain.
It is especially recommended for men after the age of forty to consume green tea drink to prevent disorders and prolong their sex life. Zinc deficiency and a number of other causes lead to impotence, weakening the muscles of the male sexual organ. Green tea can help make up for the zinc deficiency. If you add more zinc-rich foods to the tea, nuts, for example, you can restore male strength and improve your health much faster.
Magnesium, potassium, phosphorus contained in tea will help strengthen blood vessels and the immune system.
When pregnant, a green tea drink is beneficial because it improves metabolism, eliminates a common problem of constipation among women in the situation, gives additional protection against infections, removes excess fluid from the body, relieves toxicosis, removes toxins and residual harmful substances after smoking. However, doctors recommend drinking no more than two cups of tea a day. If you drink more than that, you can cause damage to the body, for example, folic acid will be poorly absorbed. Also during pregnancy, it is not very useful to consume a lot of caffeine.
When breastfeeding, you can drink green tea drink, but it is advisable to observe moderation in consumption - no more than two cups a day.
Obviously, green tea will also be useful for children, but it is better not to give it to babies under one year of age.
Children should be given weak tea, brewed for no more than three minutes, definitely not hot, leafy, and in the morning hours of the day, as it is very invigorating. Tea drink is useful for children to strengthen teeth, bones, nails and hair.
How to lose weight with green tea
Green tea drink reduces appetite, which is why it is so effective for weight loss. It quite effectively cleanses the body of toxins, which is also very important for those who have decided to lose weight quickly. To lose weight, you need to choose natural loose tea. Drink at least five cups of tea every day, without adding sugar or other sweeteners.
You can do days off and drink only green tea all day long. After such a day you will lose two kilos for sure. But you should not often organize such fasts, as sharp weight loss in general affects the state of the body badly.
Regular tea drinking will undoubtedly lead to results in a month. To lose weight effectively, you need to adhere to the following rules:
- Do not add sugar to the drink. It will add extra calories to the diet and provoke spikes in blood glucose.
- Do not add milk. The drink will become useless in weight loss and will even add extra weight.
- You should not drink it at night, as it will prevent you from going to bed quickly.
- The tea should be taken before meals, not after.
- To lose weight and reduce your appetite, it is a good idea to drink hot tea. Cold tea will have the opposite effect.
- You should also abstain from sweets and fatty foods, otherwise you will lose weight in vain.
- Do not drink alcohol. It contains a lot of calories and can cause damage to the kidneys.
The diet for a week on green tea looks like this:
- At 8 a.m. you need to brew yourself a cup of green tea and eat one portion of buckwheat porridge.
- At 10 o'clock, have a light snack with an apple.
- At 12 noon have a cup of tea.
- At 2 pm boil a chicken breast (100 gram portion) and eat a cucumber.
- At 4 p.m. drink a cup of tea.
- At 6 p.m., boil three eggs and eat an orange.
- At 8 p.m., have a cup of tea.
There is a diet for one day, which will help to lose 2-3 kilograms in a day. For this you can try to combine dried fruits and a green tea drink throughout the day. You need to take raisins and apricots up to 600 grams of each product and green tea (about half a liter). In addition, you need to drink 1.5-2 liters of clean water. You can replace dried fruits with cucumbers and tomatoes in the same ratio - 600 grams of each product. Such a one-day diet is good for the intestines, but is prohibited in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
There are diets not so hard, which are based on a healthy diet. They impose mild restrictions on the consumption of certain foods.
Below are the most effective and fastest diets:
- On rice. There are only three foods in the daily diet. The daily menu includes a glass of boiled rice without salt, two glasses of milk and half a liter of green tea. In total, there are four meals in small portions. It is desirable to choose brown rice, which will perfectly clean the intestines. You should also exclude any food additives and don't forget to drink plain clean water.
- With milk. This is quite a tough diet, designed to lose weight in a day. The diet with green tea and milk is suitable only for absolutely healthy people and is strictly forbidden for stomach ulcers and other diseases. The menu includes only plenty of drinking. It is possible to lose about one kilogram. But if after a diet you won't lose your temper and keep eating right, you can lose all four kilos in a week. To do this you should heat a liter of milk, add to it four teaspoons of dry tea brew and let it brew for 15 minutes. Then you need to cool the ready drink, divide it into five portions and drink it.
Both of these diets will definitely lead to the desired results, as they have been tested by many people who want to lose weight quickly.
Green tea in medicine
For Diabetes Mellitus.
Green tea drink will perfectly complement the diet of a diabetic. The main thing is to drink it without sugar. This healing drink will help to establish the metabolism and cleanse the body. It will be especially useful for type 2 diabetics.
Diabetic patients have impaired functioning of all organs. By drinking green tea every day, they will lower their body glucose levels and remove some of the symptoms of diabetes. What green tea is good for them:
- Removes harmful cholesterol and toxins;
- prevents the formation of blood clots and associated cardiovascular diseases;
- normalizes blood pressure;
- strengthens the immune system.
With pancreatitis, a person is deficient in basic vital vitamins. People suffer from hair loss, broken nails, yellowing of the mucous membranes of the eyes, and an unhealthy skin color. Pancreatitis is always accompanied by symptoms of nausea, diarrhea. Because of this, dehydration can begin. Green tea can help bring digestion back to normal.
Green tea has a good therapeutic effect on the mucous membrane of the stomach. Tea should be brewed according to certain rules:
- Three tablespoons of loose green tea, not bagged, pour hot water, but not boiling.
- Insist for 30 minutes.
- Ready drink cool to the desired temperature. Drink 2 teaspoons every two hours throughout the day.
For the bowels
Green tea has a laxative effect, which is why it is so effective for constipation. It eliminates gas, cramps and other unpleasant intestinal accidents, establishes the microflora.
Green tea drink improves intestinal patency, but mainly not because of its composition, but by drinking plenty of fluids. Only the origin of the tea should be natural, it should be bought in loose form, without any additives. But it is also necessary to remember that the tea drink only takes away the symptoms, so it should not be seen as a cure for the disease.
It is known that with gout, people experience pain in the extremities, as well as this disease disrupts metabolism. The body stops eliminating salts, as a result of which they are deposited in the joints. Therefore, green tea is indispensable for gout as a diuretic. But you should drink it in moderation, no more than three cups of tea a day. Milk may be added.
For the liver
The liver cleanses the body of toxins. It is through it passes all the harmful substances that a person has consumed with the products. If the liver gets sick, then other processes in the body will be disturbed. Vitamin P, which is contained in tea, is necessary for the normal functioning of the liver. Just one cup of green tea drink contains the entire daily norm of this vital vitamin for the liver.
The effectiveness in the treatment of hemorrhoids with green tea can be compared to the use of various herbal tinctures. Therefore, using it with hemorrhoids is not only possible, but necessary. If you drink the tea daily, it will lead to the following improvements:
- inflammation in the anus decreases;
- vascular walls become stronger;
- The risk of purulent complications and diarrhea is reduced.
Recommendations for drinking green tea drink will be the same - do not abuse, drink no more than three cups a day.
Green tea can be a preventive measure for calculous cholecystitis. Daily consumption of the tea drink will slow the formation of stones. The drink is prepared as follows: 20 grams of tea leaves pour boiling water and insist a few minutes.
Green tea drink is the best remedy for alcohol poisoning. With symptoms of food poisoning, it should be prepared as follows:
- 50 grams of leaf crumbly dry tea grind into a powdered consistency.
- Pour a liter of cold water.
- Bring to a boil and boil for about an hour.
- Filter, cool and put in the refrigerator.
Use 3 tablespoons, before eating three times a day. Such a decoction will quickly recover from food poisoning. But the shelf life of the ready drink is not more than two days.
How green tea affects your blood pressure
Tea drink affects the blood pressure in different ways, it depends on the regularity of consumption and strength. When the blood pressure is high, it will not be of much benefit, but it will relieve the headache. But tea is an excellent aid for hypotension, it increases blood pressure due to the presence of caffeine, which has a different effect than that of coffee. It dilates blood vessels weaker, but its effect is more durable.
For low blood pressure, the tea is brewed for about 8 minutes. During this time, it will pick up more caffeine.
For high blood pressure, tea is brewed for no more than 2 minutes. During this time, not much caffeine will accumulate. But the important element - catechin - will reach the right state and help hypertensive people.
Recipes of folk medicine based on green tea
Prevention of colds
Take 100 grams of natural green tea, 10 grams of dried herbs of St. John's wort and mint, 5 grams of thyme. Stir the mixture thoroughly and pour one tablespoon of the mixture with steep boiling water. Infuse no more than 7 minutes. Then strain and drink one glass several times a day.
Eye Inflammation Treatment
Make a strong green drink and apply as a compress to the place of inflammation. Repeat the procedure five times a day.
Mix 5 tablespoons of dried tea drink, 3 tablespoons each of valerian root and hop cones and add mint and chamomile. Make a tablespoon of the mixture with boiled water. Let stand for 10 minutes, then filter the resulting remedy and apply 5 times a day to 1 tsp. Before going to bed it is not necessary to drink the remedy, because it is strongly invigorating.
Make a strong tea tincture with two slices of garlic. Ready tincture rinse the mouth.
Make a green tea drink with raspberries, lemon zest, honey and ginger root. Prepared tea is a powerful remedy against any viral cold. Drink 3-4 cups a day.
Green tea in cosmetology
Green tea is very beneficial to the skin:
- cleanses well;
- it gives hydration;
- gives tone;
- activates cell regeneration;
- acts as an antiseptic;
- gives a rejuvenating effect.
The best known way to use green tea for the skin at home is to rub the infusion, or better yet, ice cubes of tea infusion. Such a procedure should be done in the morning after awakening to refresh the face before the day and improve blood circulation. Water is best used mineral.
Facial Masks with Green Tea
- Against flabby skin. One tablespoon of loose tea drink brewed with 100 milliliters of boiling water. The finished infusion cool and mix with 20 grams of sour cream. Then put the resulting mixture on your face for about 15 minutes.
- For skin prone to acne. Pour about 5 grams of tea drink a quarter cup of hot milk. In the ready mixture add 40 grams of oatmeal flakes. Allow the mixture to stand for about 20 minutes, then apply to the face for about 15 minutes.
- For dry skin without adding water. You need to crush a tablespoon of dry tea, add a teaspoon of olive oil, two teaspoons of kefir and flour to make a mush.
- For tightening pores and removing oily shine. Pour a tablespoon of loose tea with a glass of boiling water. In a slightly cooled brew add 3 teaspoons of lemon juice. Rub the face in the morning and evening.
- From acne. Grind dried tea brew and add 40 ml. kefir. Then add 2 tablespoons of blue clay to the resulting mixture, mix everything thoroughly until a creamy consistency. Such a mask is applied twice a week and kept on the skin for 15 minutes. The result is smooth, even and purified skin.
- For wrinkles. Take the white of one egg, beat well with a whisk. To the whipped mass add 15 grams of flour and one tablespoon of dry brew, mix everything thoroughly until homogeneous. Then add vitamins A and E bought in a drugstore, whip it well and apply it on your skin for 20 minutes.
- Natural hair rinse. Rinse prepared at home, perfectly replaces the purchase rinse. For his preparation, you need to pour one tablespoon of dry brew in 500 ml of water, leave to infuse for 40 minutes, strain and wash your hair with warm decoction.
- For hair loss. One tablespoon of brewed green drink mix with a glass of boiling water and add another liter of warm water. The resulting infusion rinse washed hair, do not rinse after the procedure.
- Against dandruff. Mix two tablespoons of vodka, one tablespoon of jojoba oil and one tablespoon of green tea drink, diluted with a glass of boiling water. Keep on your hair for about 30 minutes and rinse off.
- For hair volume. Grind two tablespoons of dry tea into a powder and mix with an egg, whip the ready mixture with a whisk and apply to the hair for about twenty minutes, rinse with cool water.
- For greasiness. Mix one cup of brew with 50 milliliters of vodka and a couple of spoonfuls of lemon juice. Dilute the ready mixture with warm water and rinse the hair, do not rinse.
- For active hair growth. In a coffee grinder you need to grind 4 tablespoons of dry tea to flour, mix with one egg until bubbles appear. Apply the mass to the roots and hair strands, put on a special cap and do not wash off for twenty minutes. Then rinse thoroughly with room temperature water.
Green tea in bags: benefits and harms
People prefer to use bagged tea, because it is easy to brew. However, in terms of quality, it is naturally worse than leaf tea. For the production of tea bags they use different substitutes of natural tea leaves, and to hide the absence of natural flavor they add flavorings. Therefore, it is better to limit yourself to 1 cup of such tea a day.
The benefits of green tea in bags:
- Thanks to the caffeine gives a powerful charge of vivacity;
- dilates the blood vessels of the brain;
- Makes the nervous system more resistant to stress.
After consumption, the tea bag can be used as a compress for inflammation of the eyes, barley, as well as to relieve breathing with a runny nose. It can also be used in cosmetology to wipe the skin of the face.
The advantage of a bagged tea drink is only in its convenient use. The brew is clearly metered to produce a single cup of drink, and no tea sticks in the mug when brewed.
The benefits of green tea with various additives
A tea drink with the addition of milk will normalize the functioning of the digestive organs, and will also be effective for intestinal disorders. This drink contains few calories but is easily satiating. Therefore, it is good for losing weight.
In taste, milk and tea combine very well. Tea with milk relieves sore throats and is a very good expectorant. It will get rid of edema, as it has a diuretic property.
List of useful properties:
- relieves the liver;
- It is effective in the fight against stress and insomnia;
- Helps the body to fight viruses;
- removes excess fluid from the body;
- normalizes the amount of glucose in the blood;
- Improves brain function;
- Eliminates toxins, cures constipation;
- Improves skin condition;
- effective for poisoning;
- speeds up the metabolism;
- helps in the fight against excess weight;
- produces a wonderful tonic effect.
This is the most preferred drink among tea connoisseurs. The addition of even a small slice of lemon increases the concentration of vitamin C. The drink becomes just a vitamin bomb in the fight against various problems. Green tea and lemon are similar in their properties, which is why these two products go so well together.
Tea drink with lemon is good for colds, helps to bring the cholesterol level in the blood to normal. The drink enhances the rejuvenating effect, helps to eliminate all harmful toxins from the body. He perfectly tones, relieves nervous tension and just lifts your mood.
Tea with honey is a very delicious and healthy drink. In combination with bee products, it increases the body's immune defense:
- improves complexion;
- normalizes metabolism;
- improves blood composition;
- strengthens the cardiovascular system;
- calms the nervous system;
- removes toxins from the body.
And also the drink has a positive effect on the condition of hair, teeth and gums. Green tea with honey eliminates the side effects after taking some medicines. The drink contains glucose, which breaks down the remains of harmful substances of alcohol, so it is useful to drink tea when you have a hangover. It is mandatory to consume such a drink when you have a cold and bronchitis.
Ginger itself is a very useful product, and in combination with green tea becomes the most valuable for health. In terms of its properties, it can even replace garlic, as it contains iron, calcium, vitamin C, perfectly tunes the cardiovascular system and the metabolism of the body.
More useful properties:
- excellent invigorating;
- quenches thirst;
- slows down the aging process;
- speeds up the metabolism and is effective in the fight against excess weight;
- Has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory action;
- flushes out cholesterol.
With mint or lemon balm
- Helps relieve nervous tension;
- Refreshes and quenches thirst;
- Helps insomnia;
- freshens breath;
- Effective treatment for colds;
- Helps regulate the menstrual cycle;
- contains B vitamins, carotene and vitamin C;
- Helps with sleep disorders;
- It has a sedative effect;
- It is an antidepressant.
Green tea with jasmine has an excellent taste as well:
- quenches thirst well;
- increases efficiency;
- relieves insomnia;
- improves potency in men;
- Well calms the nervous system.
- normalizes the level of glucose in the blood;
- cleanses the body of toxins;
- Tones and warms up well;
- improves digestion and intestinal peristalsis.
Harms and contraindications
When consumed uncontrollably, this tea can be harmful to the body. In large doses, it acts too stimulating to the nerves and can provoke a number of consequences:
- "tea intoxication," which is accompanied by headache and nausea;
- an increase in blood pressure;
- loss of strength.
If the tea drink is brewed strong, it can cause the same symptoms. When mixed with alcohol, it produces toxic substances that harm the kidneys in the first place.
Contraindications of green tea:
- It is not recommended for people of advanced age to drink.
- People with stomach ulcers are highly undesirable. Scientists say that it increases the acidity of the gastric juice.
- It is not recommended for people who suffer from insomnia and hypertension. This is due to the fact that the drink has a stimulating effect. It contains caffeine.
- It is contraindicated to people with an enlarged thyroid.
Pay attention! Drinking a tea drink on an empty stomach can upset your digestion.
Symptoms of allergy to green tea
Nowadays, the production of almost any tea is not without the addition of harmful additives. They can cause allergic reactions.
The following symptoms are distinguished:
- Respiratory problems such as runny nose, sneezing or shortness of breath;
- Skin problems such as itching, dermatitis, etc;
- Food poisoning: nausea and vomiting.
How to choose and store green tea
The most ideal option is to go to China and buy directly from the manufacturer. But this option is not available to everyone. The only thing left is to go to a specialized store of loose tea. There you will be given detailed information about the origin of varieties, they will tell you how to brew them correctly, and so on.
Here are a few tips on how not to go wrong when choosing tea:
- The harder the tea leaves, the richer will be the flavor of the tea.
- Preferably, the country of origin should be Japan or China.
- The shelf life of loose tea is 12 months.
- Quality tea should be different shades of green. The main thing is without dark spots.
- Quality products are characterized by a light herbal aroma. If the tea smells too strong, it is an indication that it contains flavorings.
Really good tea will not be cheap, but it will be worth the expense.
Store the product in an opaque jar with a lid, in a dark, cool place. For storage, a glass jar, which will stand in a kitchen cabinet, is quite suitable. It should be remembered that for a long time (more than 12 months) tea drink is not stored.
How to brew green tea correctly
For the drink to be tasty, the water must not be hard and filtered. Before brewing, the kettle itself must be heated by pouring boiling water. This is to prevent the kettle from taking heat from the tea. The best temperature for brewing is between 60 and 90 degrees.
How to brew:
- To begin, rinse the leaves by pouring hot water over them and immediately pour it out.
- Take a little more than half a cup of water per 1 teaspoon of tea.
- Cover with a lid and allow to infuse. The brewing time is up to three minutes, no more. If brewed longer, it can be bitter.
The tea is brewed and ready to drink.
How to drink green tea correctly
To get the most out of green tea, you should drink it every day. It is especially useful to do it directly in the morning, it helps to cheer up just as much as a coffee drink.
How much you can drink per day?
It is not recommended to drink more than 5 cups of the natural beverage per day. In large doses it has a bad effect on the nervous system and may provoke insomnia.
Can you drink it at night and on an empty stomach?
Do not drink the tea drink on an empty stomach, it increases the acidity in the stomach. It is also not recommended to drink at night, because the drink has an invigorating effect on the body.
Is it possible to mix green and black tea
Black and green types are allowed to mix together if there are no contraindications to taking tea at all. Whether or not to mix two different kinds of tea drinks is a matter of individual taste.
Can you drink yesterday's tea?
You should not reheat tea that has already been brewed. In Eastern countries, this is considered bad taste. But it is possible to re-brew the brew.
Can I drink green tea during Lent?
During Lent, it is allowed to drink green drink from the first day, as it is an infusion.
Which Tea is Healthier: Hot or Cold
The usefulness of green tea when it is cooled does not decrease, it retains all the useful properties that hot tea does. There is no definite opinion on which tea is healthier, hot or cold.
Interesting Facts about Green Tea
- Green tea is considered to be the most popular tea in the world. It comes ahead of all other known drinks. The secret of its popularity is very simple - it has amazing healing properties.
- The chemical composition of green tea contains about 50% more vitamin C than any type of black tea.
- The drink is imported directly from China. It is an interesting fact that the Chinese themselves, when they talk about tea, mean only green tea.
- Green and black teas are made from the same tea tree, which is called samellia sinensis. The color of the raw material changes directly during processing.
- In ancient times, tea drinkers added salt, not sugar, to their cups.
«Important: All information on this site is provided for informational purposes only This site is for informational purposes only. Before applying any recommendations, consult a health care professional. specialist. Neither the editors nor the authors shall be liable for any possible harm caused by materials."